View Full Version : Jim's CB900 "start of my build"

Pages : [1] 2

Jockney Rebel
07-12-2006, 04:49 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/83483160989783.jpg

Jockney Rebel
07-12-2006, 04:54 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/834831609100841.jpg

well im either gonna turn an elephant on a pogo stick into a sweet handling aircooled medium powered bike or become a kamakazi pilot

alfiestorm
07-12-2006, 06:59 PM
I think the wheels alone will make a massive inprovement and give the bike some substance or look or ah fuck you know what i mean

Jockney Rebel
07-12-2006, 07:35 PM
we ll find out after xmas when i get stuck in .......ta alfie

Kamakazebusa
07-12-2006, 08:49 PM
Go the old CB.....;)

Wat ur plans frankenbiker, mono shock conversion , singlesider , turbo........HHHmmmmm???????

Alfie ,over here we spend so much time riding over here that Building a fighter is harder than u think,cause ur always jealous from others riding all the time.
I think thats the main reason theres so many fighters in the UK.
We don't shut down for winter.........just sunny days for ever and ever and ever......

Jockney Rebel
07-12-2006, 09:22 PM
those wheels and forks in the background first which involves me making a stepped top yolk from a bit of billet ive got. some lowish renthals, nice pair of Ohlins nicked from an xjr or some ikons {konis], the casings have already been polished by yours truly, tidy up the tail ,yoshi exhaust i have hiding in Sydney ,gixer or bandit clocks,the little fairing ive just bought from Jacktar with 2 car projector h/lights in it ,a nice understated black paintjob with minimal graphics,very little polishing [i like the stealth look],and then its this asf run in April after that who knows i may need some extra power.........................

WATEVR
07-12-2006, 10:01 PM
gotta like a man on a mission keep the pics coming.

Jockney Rebel
07-12-2006, 10:39 PM
I have a very understanding wife. and seeing as i cant play my geetar anymore[due to some dozy bosnian] ive decided to vent my creativity in other ways, shes a diamond is my old lady. or shes got a diamond , one of the two my memorys fecked these days :]

Jockney Rebel
07-12-2006, 10:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by Kamakazebusa

Go the old CB.....;)

Wat ur plans frankenbiker, mono shock conversion , singlesider , turbo........HHHmmmmm???????

Alfie ,over here we spend so much time riding over here that Building a fighter is harder than u think,cause ur always jealous from others riding all the time.
We don't shut down for winter.........just sunny days for ever and ever and ever......

ill need to get ur addy sos i can come down to hornsby and sort out this art work ,,

Tone
08-12-2006, 05:11 AM
The Bo'l'Dor.Seen a few of those with the shock mounts moved and it makes a big improvement to the look,nice jacked up back end (ooh er!).There was a coupla websites devoted to these bikes Frankenbiker.

Kamakazebusa
08-12-2006, 05:42 AM
8/17 King rd , Hornsby.......down the road from the train station. 9482 8335 is my work number 'case u get lost in there woods'

alfiestorm
08-12-2006, 06:56 AM

Go the old CB.....;)

It's ok kazebus :D i have my old gixxer while i build my fighter and if this rain keeps up i am going to need noahs fuckin ark soon fuckin howling winds and pissing rain and the odd mini tornado for the last two weeks.
Not long do i have to put up with this shit :)
I am sooooooo not jelouse of your aussie weather much.

Jim
How much and what make of shocks have you decided on ?

Just a thought but those standard carbs are a bit slow to respond to the engines needs so i thought how about a set of more modern cv carbs that react to the engines demands faster which should give you a better and quicker response slingshot carbs or from something of that era maybe just an idea

Jockney Rebel
08-12-2006, 08:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tone

The Bo'l'Dor.Seen a few of those with the shock mounts moved and it makes a big improvement to the look,nice jacked up back end (ooh er!).There was a coupla websites devoted to these bikes Frankenbiker.
ta tone i was thinking of moving the shock mounts up a bit when i weld them on to the new swing arm u dont happen to know the addy s of any of those sites do u ? the only frame of reference ive got is the freddie spencer rep that was in streetfighters a few months ago

Jockney Rebel
08-12-2006, 08:51 PM

8/17 King rd , Hornsby.......down the road from the train station. 9482 8335 is my work number 'case u get lost in there woods'
ta very much sir ill be down to see u in the fullness of time [ie when ive got some money]u open sats ? oh yeah and if i turbo d this old girls engine the only thing crossin the line would be its pistons closely followed by sundry other parts [need a lump a bit more bullet proof}

Jockney Rebel
08-12-2006, 09:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by alfiestorm

Go the old CB.....;)

It's ok kazebus :D i have my old gixxer while i build my fighter and if this rain keeps up i am going to need noahs fuckin ark soon fuckin howling winds and pissing rain and the odd mini tornado for the last two weeks.
Not long do i have to put up with this shit :)
I am sooooooo not jelouse of your aussie weather much.

Jim
How much and what make of shocks have you decided on ?

Just a thought but those standard carbs are a bit slow to respond to the engines needs so i thought how about a set of more modern cv carbs that react to the engines demands faster which should give you a better and quicker response slingshot carbs or from something of that era maybe just an idea
the shox i would like are the ohlins u get on the xjr sp but i heard that ikon is actually koni and ive played with koni s before in the 70's on several 2 strokes but lets face it anythings got to be better than 23yr old FVQs.
..and nice idea about the carbs... im gonna concentrate on the handling first then after easter ill seriously think about what to do about power i may even stick another lump in it theres loads of space
oh yeah today i received nice and shiny & free 2" stainless tube, your gonna luv this exhaust...all i need is ..a set of decent headers with a seperate collector
and i haVE A REALLY TRICK IDEA FOR THE COMSTAR SPOKES

08-12-2006, 09:07 PM
Yeah, the roller doors REALLY need the handling upgrades.

They make 10 psychotics on pogo sticks look stable.

Jockney Rebel
08-12-2006, 09:09 PM
yer right there chalkie mind u if ur as old as i think u r then u and me both have ridden a lot worse . some of the bikes ive despatched defy belief

08-12-2006, 09:25 PM
Yeah, but the Roller Doors were amongst the first to give real exciting 4 stroke power.

And they may have had serious speed wobble problems, but they were a grand thing to ride.

:D

Jockney Rebel
08-12-2006, 09:48 PM
make u right at the time i thot they were pretty fast then they became a cheap way of going fast when u think about it in '79 they were only 10mph slower than a cbx,as fast as a laverda jota,could keep up with anything mr kawasaki had,its just the reliability probs that let them down ..anyway i like big air cooled motors almost as much as i like nutty 2 strokes

Jockney Rebel
08-12-2006, 10:03 PM
i cut my teeth on air cooled RDs i thot back then they were fast,quick and handled well [if u ditched the jap rubber and fitted TT100s or Avon road runners]
About 5 years ago i was looking after me mates X7 and i had a bit of a thrash around on that but had trouble out dragging a little GTI?.
Times do change.. the bikes these days handle 10 times better than the best of us can ride on public roads and[the biggest have almost unlimited power] i rode an zx12 when they first came out and it was like sitting astride a 747 it just kept accelerating!
The point is ..i think the reason i like street fighters so much is the building for one, but also the thought of taming something ,"to boldly go where no mans been before " into the nearest ditch if i dont get it right!! fuck me i sound like me DAD!
dont get old,get even

08-12-2006, 10:07 PM
Streetfightering is all about building what gives YOU a rush.

Even Ice has a good time, and he would certainly have problems out dragging a GTi. :D

BOHEMION
08-12-2006, 10:28 PM
Awesome Starter Frank!

When i look at that I see

Showa USD Shocks
Buell Twin light and screen
GSX1400 rear shockies
Custom Belly Pan
Zephyr Tail unit Or ZRX1200 (like Rexie's) and seat lifted another 10 deg or more (possily mono shock conversion with 916 single sider [}:)])
Billet Bits everywhere
Upgraded Rear sets to piss off the pillion extention sets[xx(]

And a Family Tarten paintjob [^] ( Okay so that my plan, buts its cool )

Jockney Rebel
08-12-2006, 11:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by chalk10

Streetfightering is all about building what gives YOU a rush.

Even Ice has a good time, and he would certainly have problems out dragging a GTi. :D
dead right i mean if the oppertunity comes up i really wanna do a 2 stroke RG500 or a RD v4,or make an old H2 handle[maybe not!] then a least if it blows up i can rebuild the engine in the car park! seriously tho chalkie i dont take myself that seriously ,i like a grin and i like ppl who inspire me, get the old grey matter going know what i mean:D

evad
11-12-2006, 08:51 PM
What about something like this?

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/596850647722483.jpg

Jockney Rebel
11-12-2006, 10:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tone

ta tone ill try the jacked up bit itll make room for the zorst

Jockney Rebel
11-12-2006, 10:55 PM
dave thats nice mate mines gonna be similar but very black with underseat zorst[just found out one of my customers is well up for making it for me ]

Jockney Rebel
21-12-2006, 12:21 AM
well ive nearly got all me bits together sharky sent me a pair of yam shocks turns out they have had work done by race tech so their gonna rebuild em for 300odd bucks , bought a acerbis type light from jacktar
now all i need is a front tyre 120/70/17 pref michelin pilot
some gixer/bandit clocks, a master cyl and clutch combo from something post 80's
then its just elbow grease,
im gonna have a crack at an underseat exhaust too cos theres this big hole where the shocl used to go on the new swing arm beggin to have a pipe put thru it just gtta hope i dont burn me arse

Jockney Rebel
07-01-2007, 06:52 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/105144953179719.jpg
Right then after some good advice ive decided to stick with the stock swing arm for now [unless anyone knows of a cb1100 with one going spare?] cos the suzy one is too long and will increase my wheelbaes to 60" which kinda defeats the object..

so heres the first pics of a long process to get her ready for april the sprocket carier is away having 12mm taken off it to line the chain up properly
and iv started getting rid of the steel from under the tailpice to tidy it up a bit

Jockney Rebel
07-01-2007, 06:55 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/105144953177894.jpg
the torque arm lined up quite well but needs the hole drilling out to accept the suzys bigger bolt and a couple of washers

Jockney Rebel
07-01-2007, 06:59 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/1051449531112821.jpg

i need to weld some 'U' brakets onto the swingarm to accept the new shocks and make up some bushes to put on the wheel spindle [its smaller dia than the honda one ]all in all its been easier than i thot :D

shift1313
08-01-2007, 12:19 AM
its lookin good man. I have a question for you. taking 12mm off the carrier, does that make the chain come close to the tire at all? also where are you taking the 12mm from? The fingers that go into the cush drive dont actually contact anything, there is going to be a bearing race that contacts, or should be. If that thing still has the stock 140 on it you should be okay but make sure its not too close. And remember oring and roller chains are different widths if you need a little clearance. Is your rear caliper going to hit the shock? with the acception of the bleed screw, you could probably run it under the axle, or find a gsxr caliper and run it under.
good luck

Jockney Rebel
08-01-2007, 12:31 AM
im takin the 12mm off the front of the carrier [where the sprocket bolts on ]the tyre is a 150/60 michelin pilot the original tyre was a 130/50or summat
ive got about 10mm clearance from the tyre and ur right i do fancy haviin the caliper underneath its justforce of habit bein a pomm im used to road salt and shit getting into it..no such probs here thinkin about it with the new shox bein a bit wider they probably will hit the caliper ..easy fix tho

shift1313
08-01-2007, 01:02 AM
how much material is there on that carrier? i know my gsxr stuff is hollow behind.

Jockney Rebel
08-01-2007, 06:56 PM
so is mine but there is about 20mm of hole thickness for the bolt to go thru all im really concerned about is the bearing housing if it starts cracking ill have to come up with somethin else but it should be ok

shift1313
08-01-2007, 10:29 PM
did you leave the housing and just sink where the sprocket mounts? or did you drop the whole thing and are going to use a big spacer? as long as the rest of your wheel spacers fit right if it does crack you should have any major problems, besides not going anywhere, but it should be a catastrophic failure or anything.

Jockney Rebel
08-01-2007, 11:11 PM
just the sprocket mounts matt stuck it in a lathe and machined it down [or at least i will when my m8 gets time to let me on it] the spacers are the orignals i just centred the wheel and cut the left hand one down put one bit on one side and left the other one where it was cos when i test fitted the wheel with al the original [suzuki] spacers they fitted but the gsx wheel was 22mm off to the left
.so i figured that if its all the right distance then just cut the sprocket side spacer at the right distance and swop them ...it worked ...the wheel is now centred but obviously the sprokets well off..
i did find that there s much more room in the swing arm than i thot their would be ..could get maybe a 170 in there no probs

shift1313
09-01-2007, 10:02 PM
im sure you could but remember how much more you would have to space your sprocket around to fit a 170. Thats the toughest part of any swap is making sure the sprockets line up right. good luck man

Jockney Rebel
09-01-2007, 10:21 PM
nice one matt cheers

shift1313
10-01-2007, 11:35 AM
i just realized, this is bad, i have half of a 79 cb750ss in my garage:). I have the motor electrics carbs and i noticed the swing arm. im sure its the same, or no better, then yours but i thought it was funny. I was building a gocart out of it years ago, most dangerous thing you ever saw.

Jockney Rebel
18-01-2007, 04:34 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/99007475387185.jpg

well ive started the front end..ground out the old steering stem from the gsx bottom yolk and pushed the honda one in[ the 900s stem is just held in the bottom yolk by interferance fit and a pinch bolt]i did find that the suzy yolk is a bit thinner than the hondas so i had to leave about 10mm hanging out the bottom next thing is to ream out the top yolks centre hole to accept the bigger honda stem
ive also chopped about 50mm off the rear frame rails so when the seat unit is back on u wont see those nasty indicator mounts hanging down.

Jockney Rebel
18-01-2007, 04:41 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/99007475375110.jpg

right looks a bit of a mess at the mo but its comin together theres loads of stuff i didnt even consider thats cropped up like ..i bought a pilot sport tyre for the front and its a 120 and...it hits the mudguard so thats getting chopped ..too big and bulky anyway. sold all the stuuf i took off .so ive kinda got to make this work ;)got some clocks from jarrod off of his gixer ill have fun wiring them up

Jockney Rebel
18-01-2007, 04:44 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/78105531622586.jpgthese willook ok on that yolk

shift1313
19-01-2007, 01:03 AM
its coming along, that temp gauge wont do you any good:). did you spray paint your fork legs?

sharky
19-01-2007, 07:18 AM
I used a set like that once....found a standard car volt/amp meter fits the temp guage hole perfik.

Jockney Rebel
19-01-2007, 04:00 PM
the legs are gonna be silk black the wheels are silk black with polished rims and the rest of the bike will be wait for it.......shocking pink....no really as if ...
gloss black with a bit of airbrushing done if im any good if not itll be vinyl graphics
the seats away getting cut down and refoamed ala freddie spencers..
i just need a master cylinder and clutch lever assembly with mirror mounts and some wee small indicators
ive just been on a site about cb1100f s their engines are almost identical they just bored out the block and put crazier cams in stroke is the same and the carbs are 1mm bigger bhp for cb900 is 95 and the 1100 is 115..but ive not seen any being broken

Jockney Rebel
19-01-2007, 04:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by sharky

I used a set like that once....found a standard car volt/amp meter fits the temp guage hole perfik.
i was just gonna put a clock init to wake me up when i got to where i was going :D

shift1313
19-01-2007, 09:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by frankenbiker

quote:Originally posted by sharky

i was just gonna put a clock init to wake me up when i got to where i was going :D

haha, how about a cup holder? oh wait its not a gold wing:)

Jockney Rebel
19-01-2007, 11:35 PM
ashtray??

next_fighter
23-01-2007, 04:32 AM
hey im getting a cb250 wondering what wheels u have used and is there any updates?? also did u have to mod much to fit these wheels??

Jockney Rebel
29-01-2007, 09:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by next_fighter

hey im getting a cb250 wondering what wheels u have used and is there any updates?? also did u have to mod much to fit these wheels??
the back wheel needed 12mm shaving off the sproket carrierto line up the chain and i cut 12mm off left hand spacer then put the bit i cut off on the other side thus centring the wheel
the front is all gsx600 tell u what u should try to get hold of a cb400 super 4 the front end would go well on a superdream also the backend is a twin shocker, or a CB1 although thier monoshock bikes .. and if ur gonna stick with the dream ..chuck a 400 lump in it... straight swop and its got miles more grunt

Jockney Rebel
29-01-2007, 09:33 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/79759569167503.jpg

got the clocks mounted and wired up aint as easy as it looked ...speedo cables too short tho

jakam04
29-01-2007, 09:56 PM
I'll trade you the temp guage for the speedo cable lmfao...

Jarrod

Jockney Rebel
29-01-2007, 10:10 PM
ur on .......lol
i dont need a temp guage when the cylnder head starts going cherry red i know its time to get a coffee....[8D]

jakam04
29-01-2007, 10:15 PM
Im hoping the speedo cable should bolt onto your connector. I will send it tomorrow if your sure you want it. I thought it would be a tad easier to get a cheap temp guage than it actually is lol...

Jarrod

Jockney Rebel
29-01-2007, 10:17 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/79759569157070.jpg

found a novel use for my old torque arm ends ...shock mounts ..

Jockney Rebel
29-01-2007, 10:22 PM
no wurries m8 ill get the guage out and pack it up

Jockney Rebel
29-01-2007, 10:25 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/79759569163960.jpg

well mud guards in primer ..bye bye spidey..wanna cut this down a bit but not sure what ll look right

Jockney Rebel
29-01-2007, 10:27 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/697169865222320.jpg
forks are now painted in matt black enamel

Jockney Rebel
29-01-2007, 10:33 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/697169865222956.jpg
wanna put an oval/rectangular spot in this and convert tha spot to a headlight but i cant find a spot that fits and also has the bulb going in from the back rather than the bottom any ideas?

29-01-2007, 10:46 PM
best you cut down the fender before painting...!:D..2 months 2 go for AFR. stop frothin at the mouth and build yourself a weapon;)

zx12argh
30-01-2007, 10:53 AM
When I cut mine down i just played aruond with a pen till i got the shape looking right. It came out sweet.
Heres a couple suggestions for cutting it down tho...
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/79759596074166.JPG

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/79759596076119.JPG

Go with serrated one I dare ya.

Hillsy
30-01-2007, 11:28 AM
wanna put an oval/rectangular spot in this and convert tha spot to a headlight but i cant find a spot that fits and also has the bulb going in from the back rather than the bottom any ideas?

Try this link:

http://db.hella.com.au/cgi-bin/catalogue-hkg.pl

Look in Auxillary Lighting for fog / driving lamps

Jockney Rebel
30-01-2007, 05:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by davo

best you cut down the fender before painting...!:D..2 months 2 go for AFR. stop frothin at the mouth and build yourself a weapon;)
ta ...it ll be the best rat there..and the cheapest:)

Jockney Rebel
30-01-2007, 05:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

When I cut mine down i just played aruond with a pen till i got the shape looking right. It came out sweet.
Heres a couple suggestions for cutting it down tho...
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/79759596074166.JPG

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/79759596076119.JPG

Go with serrated one I dare ya.

cheers i might well do that ...

Jockney Rebel
30-01-2007, 05:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by Hillsy

Try this link:

http://db.hella.com.au/cgi-bin/catalogue-hkg.pl

Look in Auxillary Lighting for fog / driving lamps
ta hillsy we ve got an account with truckline they got loads a hella stuff ,its where i got my tail light

Gix11
30-01-2007, 06:31 PM
That's the exact same guard I cut down on my ZX10 in '96. Here's what shape it turned out:
http://streetfighters.com.au/kawasaki/exzx11/exzx11.jpg

Jockney Rebel
30-01-2007, 09:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

That's the exact same guard I cut down on my ZX10 in '96. Here's what shape it turned out:
http://streetfighters.com.au/kawasaki/exzx11/exzx11.jpg
looks like my front end will look similar to that..guard looks ten times better cheers

Jockney Rebel
18-02-2007, 05:50 PM
right update ... swing arms all welded front end waiting to be assembled all thats missing is a pair of h/lamps im getting delivered [ditched acerbis thing/idea]
scored a wicked screen /clock cover from aguy in brissy
just stove enamelled me top yolk and risers painted the bottom yolk black to match
front wheels all painted and polished as is the back wheel
pickin up a cb1100r tank from damien on fri
race tech are finishin my shocks as we speak which just leaves the tail peice needs painting and fitting the spencer rep seat[ guys cutting it down and recoveribng it for me] ,and a master cylinder to get and a little fiddling[ pics to follow soon

Jockney Rebel
28-02-2007, 05:02 PM
right then back end.. erm was finished but......put it all together wheel lined up perfectly chain all nice and straight now i got me machined sprocket carrier back..
but the new shocks springs are substanially wider than the old ones so the right one fouls the chain ..bugger... so im gonna make the mounts a little longer to clear the chain which will jack the back end up by about an inch unfortunately i have no welder so ill bolt it all together and ride it to my good friend phill who ll maybe weld the extensions on it also has a bigger rear sprocket [extra 4 teeth over standard]
front end is now finished
camera s dead wil post pics as soon as its fixed

Jockney Rebel
06-03-2007, 06:24 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/52085659563835.jpg

just waiting for bits now:)

Jockney Rebel
06-03-2007, 06:27 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/52085659576117.jpg

oh and the tank needs painting and the seat needs pickin up and i havnt done my brake lines yet but itll be there:D

Phill
06-03-2007, 06:45 PM
looking good Jim, least its got a back end in / on. I aint any further yet.
Phill

Jockney Rebel
06-03-2007, 08:33 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/52085641721097.jpg
and if things go ok i should be seeing one of these when alfie gets here brand new complete 185 quid:D

HueyonaBlade
06-03-2007, 09:14 PM
That arse end will be the cherry , coming along well

shift1313
06-03-2007, 09:51 PM
great work that, and at a blistering pace too!

Gix11
06-03-2007, 10:04 PM
Shit mate! Is that the same bike? You've been a busy whisky drinking shed hermit haven't you? Nice one mate.

Jockney Rebel
07-03-2007, 10:57 PM
cheers blokes just started to rub down the tank and im knackered[xx(] got the first coat of primer on it and...its reacting in patches ..bollox:( so ill let it dry and sort it tomm also done the wiring for the headlamps all good cept i dont have any r/h indicators now[?] checked evrything ..flasher unit connections etc ill sleep on that one too[V]..and ive found out why my cdi units are gettin hot the old girl is chucking out about 18V:( so ...ill have to check my charging system and hope my stators ok:(

damo1
08-03-2007, 01:11 PM
Fuck me Frankn coming along now mate tanks looking good and i see your going
down the complete cb11r trail itll look heaps better that way.
How did you go with the tank cap and tap?

damo1
08-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Ah Jim have you ordered your seat unit yet ive got a blade unit with under seat pipe
and flame thrower going cheap would look a treat on the back of the cibie

Jockney Rebel
09-03-2007, 01:55 AM
not yet mate but ill keep it in mind ..just incase
i fancy the idea of a fightered cb1100r ..just to piss off the classic concourse brigade the next stage will be trying to find a proper 1100 lump and beef it up

Jockney Rebel
12-03-2007, 11:03 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/700980498205456.jpg
getting a bit closer now [8D]..and no its not cardboard:Dits black 3mm acrylic

Jockney Rebel
12-03-2007, 11:06 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/700980498208908.jpg
i got halfway thru cutting the paint back[xx(] ..by hand and thot fuk this ill buy a buffer tomm:)

Jockney Rebel
12-03-2007, 11:09 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/700980498211063.jpg
nearly shiny ive still got the supension mounts to soet out and the tail and im waiting for some graphics to arrive but it should be ready by next week :D

Phill
13-03-2007, 04:26 AM
Nice work Mate,
catch you on the w/end to sort those last bits, call around sometime and we'll arange a time
Phill

BOHEMION
13-03-2007, 11:22 AM
She's looking clean Jim!

Be good to see the end product at the fools run.

Jockney Rebel
18-03-2007, 09:48 PM
right ..tanks leaking ...me own fault damo did say to fix the mount ..so its gonna get stirpped today and filled with grp,sanded reprimed,and painted couldve been worse i couldve put the graphics on
but on the good side the tails done the leccys are all good the engine sounds sweet ..and nothing fell off! yet....

sickboy
18-03-2007, 10:36 PM
Hey Jimmy theres a CB900 for sale in just bikes mag for $300 could be a miss print,its got an 1100kit and new extractors,could be handy for spares but. Just a thought mate.

Jockney Rebel
18-03-2007, 11:02 PM
cheers mate will def give it a look

damo1
19-03-2007, 09:02 AM
So you didnt listen ah well that will learn ya;)

God to hear its coming together.

Jockney Rebel
20-03-2007, 09:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by sickboy

Hey Jimmy theres a CB900 for sale in just bikes mag for $300 could be a miss print,its got an 1100kit and new extractors,could be handy for spares but. Just a thought mate.
gave the guy a ring about that bike its meant to be 3 grand [V] still if i buy another bike right now the wife will have a hissy fit ..after the run ill be lookin to get a ally swing arm cb1100r seat unit and maybe an 1100 top end :D

20-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Actually I ran into WesTheIrishman today, he was looking for an CB1100r motor too. He's got a mate who had a big bore kit put into one, and it shat itself.

Would a CBR1000 motor go into that Franken?

Jockney Rebel
20-03-2007, 09:58 PM
probably chalkie theres loadsa room but if i can id like to keep it aircooled what s the biggest current aircooled lump commonly available xjr ?

20-03-2007, 10:09 PM
There's also the GSX1400 motor, even though it's oil cooled, it looks the same since the XJR runs a similar sized oil cooler .

What about the CB1300/X4 motor?

Jockney Rebel
20-03-2007, 10:34 PM
dont ..your givin me ideas....how many ponies does the gsx lump have then

20-03-2007, 10:36 PM
Check here mate, they Dyno compare the XJR13, CB13 and GSX14

http://www.mcnews.com.au/Testing/Honda/CB1300/Dyno/Comparo.htm

Jockney Rebel
22-03-2007, 05:19 PM
ta chalkie

Jockney Rebel
22-03-2007, 05:25 PM
christ the honda drops like a stone after about 8500,quite surprised with its peak tho anyone explain to me why the honda and the yam both drop off so quickly ?

22-03-2007, 05:31 PM
because they're not a Kwaka :D

Maybe they have rev limiters cutting in?

alfiestorm
22-03-2007, 05:34 PM

christ the honda drops like a stone after about 8500,quite surprised with its peak tho anyone explain to me why the honda and the yam both drop off so quickly ?

Yep they are not Suzuki's thats why frank :D

bugger[:0] you beat me to it chalk

22-03-2007, 05:47 PM
That's cs I'm on a Kwaka mate

Thought you'd be used to it by now :D