PDA

View Full Version : fimps TLR..... Bring on the Radial Calipers!!!!!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

crazymofo
11-02-2007, 08:18 PM
fark yeah fimpy, looking good.. so theres going to be 2 suz V twins at afr... good shit.

cant wait to see the "illegal" stuff on there.

cheers.joe.

fimpBIKES
11-02-2007, 08:35 PM
yeah, u should see the back end if i put the hump on
looks plain silly!!

oh well, gonna throw the headlight on it and some blinkers and go pay the rego nazi's a visit this week :D

fimpBIKES
12-02-2007, 10:08 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/95287024852998.jpg

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/95287024860550.jpg

fimpBIKES
12-02-2007, 10:23 PM
ok then, so these are my prototype fimpSETS

a few little bugs to work out with the geometry before i make the final ones (non-adjustable minimal sorts things similar to the ABMs

the biggest problems atm are

RHS- the leverage for the brake lever isnt anywhere near enough, need to the move the mastercylinder hole closer to the pivot. also want to make sure the mounts for the MC are a bit closer to being at 90degrees to the lever so i get mx leverage

LHS- ok, the reason i didnt make it to eastern creek on friday is due to the shift linkage. basically when trying to shift up the linkasge would reach a point where the orange and red line lined up (as in got parallel). from there the whole think inverted and basically went spastic. so i want to move the pedal shift link mount point away from everything else.
it wont need much, at the moment i can get all the gears. but only cos the pedal is at a gammy angle [xx(]

other than that i need to redo the bushs for the pedal to rotate around
pedal is 6mm ally, so i need to make sure the bushes have JUST over 6mm tween em. i was worried about sideways slop so i did em under 6mm
but the problem is i cant tighten the bolt that goes through the guts of it all enough
so the peg undos after a couple of shifts up and down

so yeah, minor issues
also need to machine up some nice little pedal ends to replace the multiple washers i had there for the test run

but yeah, i will tidy these up and use them for rego
the final ones might be a bit to "minimalist" for the legal-beagles at the pits

fimpBIKES
14-02-2007, 11:39 PM
anyways, the rearsets are pretty sweet now

rear brake is MUCH better, although there is a bit of flex in the 3mm ally sheet i used to bracket the MC
shall use 6mm in the final one and she'll be apples

off to see capt blue-slip tomorrow arvo
let him give it the once over and then hopefully go back to him on friday (i moved my friday to sat at work so i can hoon around and get her rego'd ;))
then shall have to go to the pricks at carrington and they will probably give me a grand old shafting

but if all goes well i shall be riding her to work on sat :D

14-02-2007, 11:40 PM
Way to go Fimp

Expect to see fresh piccies by Sat arvo mate

fimpBIKES
17-02-2007, 10:56 PM
sorry chalky

but not much point taking any foto's for ya (and YES, technically it is still LATE saturday afternoon :D)

basically i now have 2 big fugly stock suzuki indicators on the rear (roundy ones, i think from the SV, but who knows??)
and i am about to shove the two BIIG shovel sized ones from the katana on the front

i seriously am too ashamed to pull out the camera right now :(
stupid laws...

oh and adding to the incredible good looks atm is the massive mess of wiring sticking out the front
but it should all tuck up behind the headlight once im sorted so not too worried about that

i did manage to get over to the blueslip bloke on friday (but not with the blinkers or headlight on)
generally he seemed pretty happy with how the bike was put together

and i gave him all the chassis/engine numbers and that
so all i have to do is get the blinkers, headlights and chaingaurd on and swing by on monday arvo

then its off to the RTA where i have to book in to get an appointment at the pits

they better be able to do it this week or im gonna cry some
have a ride with the SV blokes up to the oxley this weekend and there is no way in hell im taking the 250!!!

um, what else...

oh yeah, i just hooked up the "trickflasher" i bought off exben
took about 2secs and the little strobe-to-fade mode makes even the big fugly blinkers looks trick!
cheers ben!

(for reference on the TLR i put the blue wire on the trickflasher to dark green on the TL, and the white wire on the trickflasher to the light blue one on the TL)
simple

shall post a vid of them once i get the sexy little LED indicators on ;)

fimpBIKES
17-02-2007, 10:58 PM
oh, and since i was stuck at work all day with nobody looking over my shoulder (for once)
i redesigned my fimpSETS (version "X") now that i have the prototypes all happy and working properly

will post of a screenshot on monday for ya's
dead sexy though!

17-02-2007, 11:02 PM
You still got the Kat11 Fimp?

fimpBIKES
17-02-2007, 11:05 PM
yep, need to get the defect cleared soon (nice to have a back-up vehicle for the fools run just in case ;))

oh, and my bro's 750 pop-up "katana" is in the shed too cos he moved the other week
so i am back to having 4 'zuks again :D

he doesnt know it yet, but i am gonna steal his zorst to get me through rego
hehehe

fimpBIKES
17-02-2007, 11:11 PM
oh, i should mention that it feels really funny through corners
doesnt want to hold a line...

but that might just be me not being used to wide rear tyres and moto-x bars

i had a look at the stock steering damper today
but i dont think that there is any room for it anymore

oh, might check the headstem torque tomorrow too
might have "settled" a bit in the couple of k's i have racked up so far

17-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Yeah, big fat rear tyres may be good for straight line work, but aren't the best for handling through the twisties.

fimpBIKES
17-02-2007, 11:20 PM
not even twisties!
just going around roundabouts and stuff in the backstreets

steering is just really sensitive (but i am used to clipons ATM)

oh i forgot, need to put on some big fugly mirrors too

did i mention how much the laws suck?
if i had waited another year the TLR would be 10yrs old and i wouldnt need to worry about taking it to the pits either

oh well

yeah, need to call motorcycle disposals on monday too
cant find the fucking reciept for the thing ANYWHERE

i probably put it "somewhere safe"...

fimpBIKES
19-02-2007, 04:32 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/86703768113457.jpg

chopiesel
19-02-2007, 04:34 PM
looking good mate, should be good to have a couple tillers running around in dubbvagas

fimpBIKES
19-02-2007, 04:41 PM
haha, "dubbvagas"

the only gamble is whether our bikes will be safe from the locals at night!!!!

now i havta organise with the RTA to go "to the pits"
they better squeeze me in this week
REALLY getting keen for this oxley trip on the weekend now!

damo1
19-02-2007, 05:04 PM
About fuckn time fimpster good to see.

Have a nice ride down the ox buddy do a coupla k's for me mate.

fimpBIKES
20-02-2007, 05:14 PM
as far as i am concerned the rta are a butch of cunts

i hope they get cancerous growths on their genitals the shape of me giving them the finger!!!!
dumb motherfuckers

chopiesel
20-02-2007, 05:21 PM
so it passed ok then?

fimpBIKES
21-02-2007, 05:21 PM
oh man,
what a friggin ordeal!!

the blue slip inspection was a breeze
Mr Blueslip (Heath from "Newcastle Motorcycle Doctor, top bloke. fully recommended)
told me to organise with RTA to get 2nd inspection done cos its a repairable write-off

which is apparently just to make sure that it has matching numbers and nothing is stolen etc

so i call the RTA,
nope, cant organise an appointment over the phone...

so i go to the RTA at raymond terrace at lunch yesterday
with my blueslip in hand (as i was instructed to do on the phone)
lady says "have you got your receipt"
"no, wasnt told to bring it"
so she tells me i need to bring in my receipts and then they can get a booking at the 2nd inspection

another interesting thing she said was that the "selection process for the inspection is random"
WTF? what kind of system is this i ask??
"its our computer system, its very complicated and you wouldnt understand it"
cant say i appreciated that....

ok so i get back to work
piss off at 4pm, shoot home, get receipts without taking helmet off and straight off into newcastle RTA
this is at peak hour and the whole trip from work to RTA took me half an hour, so i wasnt mucking about :D

wait at RTA for 20minutes, time standing still...

give the man blueslip,
give the man receipts,
funny look from man...
"where is your greenslip?"

pissed off look at man,
"i wasnt told to bring a greenslip, im only trying to book the second inspection at Carrington"

he then tells me that they need to pretty much register the bike in the computer,
give it a number plate and THEN if the system feels like it then it MIGHT select me at RANDOM
he actually said the word "random" again...

now, i already have a personalised plate in storage at that particular branch of the RTA
"cant you just allocate me that plate and then its will tell us if i need the inspection"
"no"

so i storm out, pissed as cos there is no way in hell that i am gonna have the bike rego'd by the weekend

im also now expecting that im gonna get screwed on the plate thing
cos it seems that i have to be allocated a plate THEN i am going to have to transfer to my personalised plate
so i am thinking that they are going to whack me with a transfer fee....

ok, so i still have no greenslip cos i spend so much time fucking about running to the RTA and back that i am not going to get there again this week (and of course they are lazy fuckers and so no late night shopping ours on thursnight when people can actually get there!)

doesnt end there either, i rang up to get a greenslip when i got home
they cant send a faxed one or email, it has to be snail-mailed to me
so thats more time wasted sitting around

BUT
i can go and buy one direct from the commonwealth bank in hamilton
although the problem there arises that the bank is a bank
and therefore is only open for about 3 hours a day...

so that wont happen this week either

so i call up allianz (this is all through allianz cos for some reason they are $100 cheaper than everyone else)
today while at work cos i have admitted defeat and decided to just buy one on the phone and get it mailed out and sort out the rego next week

the girl on the phone (cute voice btw) tells me that i COULD get the greenslip
BUT the RTA need the date on the greenslip to line up exactly with the date i get rego'd
so if they post it and date it for tuesday i HAVE TO get it sorted out on tuesday
otherwise i would have to cancell the greenslip, get a refund and then order another one (which of course has to be posted once again....and so on)

which doesnt sound too bad EXCEPT that i am not ACTUALLY going to get my rego when i take it to the RTA cos i know i am going to have to go to the 2nd inspection
which (although their fucked up computer system doesnt let them see how long the wait to get in at Carrington is going to be) will probably not be for 2-3 days AFTER i take the greenslip to the RTA

so either way im pretty much screwed...

thinking i will just do a runner after lunch on monday, go to the bank and get greenslip and then go to the RTA in newcastle

i figure if i am at the same RTA branch that actually has my personalisd plate in storage then i have less of a chance of getting fucked over on the transfer fee

i hope...

so there u go, the system is fucked
no-one at the RTA seems to be able to explain things to customers right the first time
and i am now assuming that the whole Government is run by some "Random" computer system that no-one understands at all [XX(]

ps- the tiller is running fine btw, tempting me all the time with its sexy looks....

pps- turns out the allianz girl (remember, the cute one) lives in brisbane. but unfortunately when i asked her if i could just rego the bike in her name she only giggled politely and gave me a "no". worth a shot :D

Large
21-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Sounds like you newey trannies need to join the 20th century.

I've got greenslips over the phone and by the time I get to the rta...it's on their system

FIGHTERMC
21-02-2007, 08:05 PM
Fuck ye guys have to go through alot of shit
to get a bike on the road,we don't even have to get the
bike tested here just pay the tax every year{57 euros}
cos the fine is bigger and its not worth getting done.

chadams
21-02-2007, 08:29 PM
fimp, you poor bastard, last year I got my dr250 rego'd in sydney. now it had never been registered in the country before, was a 1998 model bike and I had no proof of where the bike had been for the last 8 years. The blue slip was a breeze, I had to book it in 2 days prior.... once I got the blue slip, I went straight to parra kawasaki and ask them for a green slip, they gave me one on the spot (it was just a plain bit of paper, with their numbers on it)... from their I went to the rta, with my hand written receipt for the bike (in my hand writing), the blue slip, and the green slip I had just picked up. I filled in their bullshit form and they gave me plates on the spot. All in all it was about 4hours from getting the blue slip to getting the rego plates... I would put a complaint into fair trading saying they are discriminating against you cause you ride motor bikes...

Next time wear your "Satan is my Bitch" t-shirt or "G'day office put it on the tab" as I fine it speeds up the service you receive...

fimpBIKES
21-02-2007, 08:51 PM
its not just that
EVERY TIME I DEAL WITH THESE FUCKERS THEY HAVE NO IDEA!!!!

when i bought the 250 bandit, just because it was from victoria they put me through the ringer. i even ended up having to go to a wiegh bridge and get a slip from there
this is a weigh bridge with 20 KILGRAM deviations
so i now have a 180kg 250 bandit...
it was like they had NEVER seen one of them in NSW????? retards, they SELL them freshly grey imported just down the road!

then there was the 1100 katana
which WAS previously registered in NSW, only a few months out of rego
just over the 3 months, so i had to go get a blueslip

no worries, i was on an annual leave day so i had plenty of spare time...
the blue slip bloke calls RTA tech department and they send through the data sheet for the model
everything is going peachy til the guy (old bloke, pretty helpful fella)
gets to the section that asks for the power of the bike
not on the data sheet....

a few calls to the RTA tech line, they cant help but will look it up

so he calls the RTA branch down the road and tells em im going to get a greenslip and then head over there, they say ok and they should have the info soon and can sort it out once i get there

got my greenslip and i wait FOR THREE HOURS in the rta branch just waiting for the power figure. the whole time im pissed off cos the whole reason that they need the power figure is cos of the new L-plater laws that take into account power/wieght ratio

i have told them OVER and OVER again that there is NO WAY that it is learner legal
but they need the figure

when it came it was way wrong, but i didnt give a shit and just went with it

now tell me, HOW MANY 1100 KATANA's ARE THERE IN NSW?!?!?!?
they were sold here FROM NEW
not even grey imports

seriously i think that anyone who works at the rta (especially the tech people) are complete fucking retards
or REALLY cunning bastards that are part of a secret government agenda to make people not use any vehicle older than 5 years that is modified in any way!

in fact, the only blue slip i ever had that went smoothly was the engine swap in the SV
and guess what? less that 5 years old!

i swear im onto something here

zx12argh
21-02-2007, 09:37 PM
jeez...

here in qld I registered an 88 gpz900 that had been unregistered in nsw for 2 years. took it too a workshop who road worthied it and registered it. I just drove it home.

Move to qld mate, we got sunshine and a good deal less fuckwits.

That head light looks trick. How long before we see your other upgrades on the beastie

HueyonaBlade
21-02-2007, 09:49 PM
Its a conspiracy! , In Vic its almost to easy to get rego'd , like QLD roadworthy papers and pay the rather large ethnic lady and you are riding away

zx12argh
21-02-2007, 10:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by HueyonaBlade

Its a conspiracy! , In Vic its almost to easy to get rego'd , like QLD roadworthy papers and pay the rather large ethnic lady and you are riding away

Shit you you have to fuck a fat black chick to get your rego?

fimpBIKES
21-02-2007, 10:27 PM
im willing to make that sacrifice at this point!!!

Ed74mnd
22-02-2007, 11:08 AM
Hey fimp, just read the entire thread.. (long).
nice build on the bike, looks real nice.
strange you have so many probs rego'ing bike.
always remember to bring every scrap of paper with you, they always need it.
one time i rego'd a KLE500, they asked for a receipt and I didnt have one.

I walked out into the car park, made one up, rang the guy who sold it to me and asked for his licence no… walked in and presented them the receipt… the name didn’t match the previous owner but they rego’d it anyways… had a new engine and everything… I went to a bike wrecker to get the bluey tho… they usually know somebody dodgey.

whats happened with the Kat?

Cheers

Ed

fimpBIKES
22-02-2007, 04:34 PM
kat is sitting there, waiting

TLR is now booked in for final inspection on monday morning
took long enough!

although the rta lady (once i had asked her about it)
mentioned that i need to get the inspection done, then instead of letting them rego it on the spot i would need to come back to newcastle RTA branch and do the rego there

otherwise i would get issued a plate at carrington and then get slapped with the transfer fee once i picked up my personalised one

so lucky i saw that one coming!

yeah, i have definitely learnt my lesson
i was simply doing what i was told, but they werent giving me all the info

so next time i will have a whole friggin suticase of EVERYTHING i could possibly imagine :D

and and my OTHER headlight unit is apparently through customs so it should turn up shortly

fimpBIKES
22-02-2007, 06:07 PM
oh, here is a vid of the trickflasher in action
bought through our good buddy ben

BUY ONE, this is my favourite pattern

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/fimpbikes/th_2007_02_22Trickflasher.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v676/fimpbikes/?action=view&current=2007_02_22Trickflasher.flv)

fimpBIKES
22-02-2007, 06:10 PM
is that the right way to link a vid si?

Large
22-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Unless you can embed it...

Is that the old "Come And Get It" flash Conrad?

:D

fimpBIKES
22-02-2007, 07:50 PM
you know it is mister! [:X]

how cool is the video how it gets that line on the screen when it flashes
its like some samurai anime thingy

Large
22-02-2007, 08:43 PM
:)

You been watching the Avatar on ABC?

Gix11
22-02-2007, 09:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

is that the right way to link a vid si?

Its as good a way as any until I fuck about with it and then get caught out by the syupid bloody symbol in the URL that splits the link. You might have to repost it mate as now it won't link unless you copy and paste it.

22-02-2007, 09:40 PM
is the worlds longest topic nearly finished...i rekon it looked better when you 1st bought it fimp.Too many hours spanking a dead monkey for you Sir.I have a special trophy just for you.

22-02-2007, 09:49 PM
Come on Davo, you've left you're run for 'most obnoxious member' a bit too late this year.

Even you can't make up for the lack of effort up till now.

fimpBIKES
26-02-2007, 09:23 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/266730637159309.jpg

sorted

26-02-2007, 09:45 AM
Fimp, have you modified you're number plate?

Tried to change the number?

chopiesel
26-02-2007, 09:47 AM
i think it says fimp with the m on its side

26-02-2007, 09:55 AM
Yeah, but doesn't quite work does it. :D

Wonder what PC plonker thinks about it?

I priced out custom plates here in the ACT a couple of years ago ( I want 85.900 for the Geepz) and the prices were farking ridiculous, talk about a bunch of thieves.

chopiesel
26-02-2007, 10:31 AM
yeh its 2 grand the fuckers

26-02-2007, 10:34 AM
If it's supposed to be 'self-government' in the ACT, why are all the 'self's' getting so badly ripped off by the polly vermin?

fimpBIKES
26-02-2007, 11:44 AM
yeah, sorta says FIMP

but not quite, oh well
best one i could find available on the system and its skinnier than a regular one and it aint bright yellow :D

in more fantastic news
i stopped at a servo on the way to work and it was dripping out fluid from the rad
i think the left end tank is coming off!!

oh well, just called Race Radiators in dandenong and they can have it done within a week (plus post)
so if i send it off tomorrow it gives me time to sort some other shit out

chin up

Gix11
26-02-2007, 02:38 PM
That tail end has to die fimp. It looks like one of those scooter jobs.

chopiesel
26-02-2007, 02:51 PM
my gixer 600 tail came in today, ill post some inspirational pics later for him, and im gona paint my tiller hump matt black and bring it to dubsville.

HueyonaBlade
27-02-2007, 03:30 PM

yeah, sorta says FIMP

but not quite, oh well

oh well, just called Race Radiators in dandenong and they can have it done within a week (plus post)
so if i send it off tomorrow it gives me time to sort some other shit out

Those guys do yhe best work and its at a reasonable price [^]

fimpBIKES
27-02-2007, 08:56 PM
its in the mail, should get there on friday

i have a few mates coming over for a drunken TLR working bee on saturday
shall make sure that the camera is loaded :D

fimpBIKES
01-03-2007, 06:42 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/684563317110733.jpg

Iceman
01-03-2007, 08:35 AM
Does this mean the stumpy tail is going on?

chopiesel
01-03-2007, 09:03 AM
could mean that, but why is the airbox off?

fimpBIKES
17-03-2007, 11:43 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/2541336307695.jpg

TurboKat
17-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Say it isn't so Fimp [:0]

ozkat
17-03-2007, 12:09 PM
Thrown the towel in or taken up boxing?

damo1
17-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Common Fimp get some more shots up?????

Gix11
17-03-2007, 12:38 PM
uh oh, this don't look good.......

Iceman
17-03-2007, 04:57 PM
Well?

Large
17-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Do everlast make dildos?

chopiesel
17-03-2007, 06:28 PM
he is a dirty stinking quiter

damo1
17-03-2007, 07:10 PM
No you cant quit now drag your sorry arse out to that shed and finish
what you fuckn started.

And give us some pics of the probs your having young man maybe someone here could
help in some way.

fimpBIKES
19-03-2007, 07:19 PM
what, u dont like my new towel?

i bought it especial' :D

fimpBIKES
19-03-2007, 07:21 PM
well, i did a fair bit of this on saturday...

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/67217827482965.jpg

19-03-2007, 07:24 PM
Hey Fim, you coming down this way on you're way to the Fool's?

Or shall I just try and meet up somewhere?

fimpBIKES
19-03-2007, 07:28 PM
why, want me to smuggle some over the border eh? :D

fimpBIKES
19-03-2007, 07:36 PM
the subframe is only tacked together
but i have been trimming up that tail

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/672178274130367.jpg

will need a bit more angle to make me happy (especially once it comes off the rear stand)
need to get some round bar and tap it so i can do the lower bars

hmm have to track down a reverse M12 tap too, hopefully the fitters have one i can "borrow" ;)

oh, and i have a tray i designed up getting done by the sheety too
nothing like a press to get those nice hard angles

i actually realised watching the GP that honda have stolen my idea of having a little ally tray poking out
bastards! :(

Large
19-03-2007, 07:38 PM

well, i did a fair bit of this on saturday...

I go through kilos of powder a week.

It stops my plums from rashing up:([V]

Large
19-03-2007, 07:39 PM

the subframe is only tacked together
but i have been trimming up that tail

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/672178274130367.jpg

will need a bit more angle to make me happy (especially once it comes off the rear stand)
need to get some round bar and tap it so i can do the lower bars

hmm have to track down a reverse M12 tap too, hopefully the fitters have one i can "borrow" ;)

oh, and i have a tray i designed up getting done by the sheety too
nothing like a press to get those nice hard angles

i actually realised watching the GP that honda have stolen my idea of having a little ally tray poking out
bastards! :(

That looks hot fimpy

fimpBIKES
19-03-2007, 07:48 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/67217827486370.jpg

got the rad back too,
made up a sexy little bracket

this time its mounted right up against the front cylinder head

and i double checked it out my using my calibrated ratchet straps to crank the forks right down and there is no way that fuckin wheel will eat my rad again!!!! [xx(]

fimpBIKES
19-03-2007, 07:59 PM
uh jeeeez,

sorry
just had to throw up a little....
that headlight HAS to get dropped down i bit!

hope i didnt offend anyone

Slingblade
19-03-2007, 08:11 PM
Fimp that tail does look shit hot.

It still amazes me how much difference losing some beef off the rear makes to a fighter.

Instant transformation.

fimpBIKES
19-03-2007, 08:29 PM
um, instant????

have u seen how long i have been building this fukin thing?!!?!

oh, and anyone dare me to go a "german" style checkerplate seat for the fools?

Gix11
19-03-2007, 09:12 PM
Yea, me.

fimpBIKES
19-03-2007, 09:34 PM
DONE!
(anyone got any 'roid cream???)

19-03-2007, 10:38 PM
Only if you're self-applying mate

chopiesel
19-03-2007, 10:46 PM
you should borrow chalks assless chaps for the ride

19-03-2007, 10:54 PM
Thanks for that bitch.

And where did the assless bit come from, christ you weren't even around back then. You've been listening to the wrong people chop.

fimpBIKES
20-03-2007, 06:16 AM
come on chalky,
im sure i can pick up some fetching (or is that felching)
latex ass-less duds from canberra when i get there ;)

chopiesel
20-03-2007, 07:40 AM
you sure could, one of the sex shops even has a cafe now so you can grab a latte while your there

20-03-2007, 08:14 AM
Sounds like you don't really need to borrow my leathers then Chop.

Or were you out there getting the 'missus' repaired and regassed :D

20-03-2007, 08:38 AM
Oh and Fimp, you need to talk to Chop about your felching requirements, he's your man :D

fimpBIKES
20-03-2007, 08:39 AM
wow, i have a "man"
how much extra to at a "wo" to it????

20-03-2007, 08:41 AM
about a hundred bucks per half hour

fimpBIKES
20-03-2007, 11:38 AM
wow, cheap down your way!!!
cya next week :)

update- stu is gonna ship me out a LED taillight tomorrow

my exhaust buddy (business yet to be named in-case he isnt up to standard this time ;))
is gonna get me to drop by then gimme a rough idea on time and cost to do what i require

um, thats about it
meanwhile im at work.... come on day hurry up!!

chopiesel
20-03-2007, 12:06 PM
are you guys riding to dubvegas? i think i will too

20-03-2007, 12:38 PM
If I can scare up a few more dollars then yeah I'll be riding.

TurboKat
20-03-2007, 05:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by chalk10

If I can scare up a few more dollars then yeah I'll be riding.

You'll damn well be riding alright Motherfucker or you'll be my beer bitch all night :(

20-03-2007, 05:53 PM
OK, but if I don't ride then you won't have to be shown up by an old bloke on an old bike :D

TurboKat
20-03-2007, 10:41 PM
Again :(

20-03-2007, 10:42 PM
Fuck that took an awful long time for a one word response :D

loosebruce
20-03-2007, 11:06 PM
I'm up for a hoon, sorry, leisurely motorcycle ride.
Leave friday seems to be the go.
Have you picked your R1 yet Matt?
There was an orange one in Action today with a sold sticker on it.

20-03-2007, 11:09 PM
That's the one I think Loose. He's probably been too busy working on his TL to pick it up. fuggen tough life for him ain' it :D

chopiesel
21-03-2007, 04:44 AM
yeh thats mine bruce, sweet ay?

waiting on compo money to pay the balance.....should be this week.

loosebruce
21-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Bet your hangin out,Mate.
Sorry to hijack your thread Fimp.
Hmmm TLRs, mighty engines in em.

fimpBIKES
25-03-2007, 12:10 AM
bit more fuckin about in the shed just then

have now ditched the standard rear suspension and have installed (well, 99% anyways. need to machine up some spacers at work on monday..... maybe its lathe at home time :))

main motivation for that was cos my battery try thingy wasnt fitting like i wanted cos it was hitting the rotary damper

keep plugging away eh?

oh, and the reason my tank was leaking has been sorted
i used blue loctite gasket goo
turns out it doesnt like being around fuel too much

have some proper stuff now, might go do all that now so i can make sure it still starts :D

chopiesel
25-03-2007, 07:56 AM
did you pull the fuel pump out? its very comon for the tanks to leak if you do that. are you fitting a f4i cbr rear shock?

fimpBIKES
25-03-2007, 11:47 AM
when i got the tank it was without a fuel-pump (from joel on the zone)
so yeah, its in trouble

i think i saw a mod at some bit of TLZone where someone just welded a thick as fuck flange on the bottom of the tank so it couldnt flex
if it leaks again then that'll definitely be on the cards

f4i cbr rear shock?? where the fuck did that come from mate?
its a tl1000r bitubo (also bought off someone on the zone)

25-03-2007, 12:16 PM

tick as fuck

Eh?

I think the correct spelling is 'thick as fimp' mate ;)

:D:D

fimpBIKES
25-03-2007, 01:29 PM
huh?

25-03-2007, 01:36 PM
Check your spelling Fimp.