Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: K2 shock into 94 GSXR750

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    not me but a mate has some.

instead of buying parts ao a kwaka you should just get a whole one. mundy has been pulling one apart today.

instead of buying parts ao a kwaka you should just get a whole one. mundy has been pulling one apart today.

Bloke with a smaller stick
    Oz. the spacer that would have to go between the shock mount and frame would have to be closer to 20mm in my case, and that would then create a problem with the spring hitting against the swingarm. i read about your shock conversion both on this site and oldskoolsuzuki. I did notice that the 88 750 had alloy dog bones with a spacer included where as mine are just flat steel plates.
    i noticed you had troubles with the spring hitting the swing arm (hence the 10mm spacer) where as i dont seem to have that problem.
    even if I ad a spacer to the shock mount i still have an issue with the extra shock length raising the ride height shit loads. I also wont be able to attach the linkage to the bottom of the shock as the linkage then hits against the exhaust collector. I also have fitted an R1 seat unit so i don't have the battery box and plastics to get in the way.

Gix - now that you mention it when I put the R1 seat unit on my bike the seat height was raised by 20 odd mm so another 10 may not be an issue.

Does any of you guys have a pair of 88 or so alloy dog bones?

Oz. the spacer that would have to go between the shock mount and frame would have to be closer to 20mm in my case, and that would then create a problem with the spring hitting against the swingarm. i read about your shock conversion both on this site and oldskoolsuzuki. I did notice that the 88 750 had alloy dog bones with a spacer included where as mine are just flat steel plates.
    i noticed you had troubles with the spring hitting the swing arm (hence the 10mm spacer) where as i dont seem to have that problem.
    even if I ad a spacer to the shock mount i still have an issue with the extra shock length raising the ride height shit loads. I also wont be able to attach the linkage to the bottom of the shock as the linkage then hits against the exhaust collector. I also have fitted an R1 seat unit so i don't have the battery box and plastics to get in the way.

Gix - now that you mention it when I put the R1 seat unit on my bike the seat height was raised by 20 odd mm so another 10 may not be an issue.

Does any of you guys have a pair of 88 or so alloy dog bones?

me dog wont let them go so i cant send them to you sorry.

me dog wont let them go so i cant send them to you sorry.

Rexxie, you gone over your 1 can limit again?

Rexxie, you gone over your 1 can limit again?

one can. get off it. im a truck driver. you know its not safe to mix alchohol with your drugs.

one can. get off it. im a truck driver. you know its not safe to mix alchohol with your drugs.

Oz theres a set of t/bodies on Aust ebay Item number: 4561731518. I've got a stripped set at work I'll check the spacing 4 ya. By the way spacings can be adjusted. Cheers

Oz theres a set of t/bodies on Aust ebay Item number: 4561731518. I've got a stripped set at work I'll check the spacing 4 ya. By the way spacings can be adjusted. Cheers

I got a 96 YZF1000F shock & it was longer by about 12-15mm(too many beers since then) all i did was to grind the mounts away slightly,on the frame.you can keep ya air box if ya wont.
    THE bike had to be altered in the suss, department but if ya is building a fighter,ya gotta do it ALL.
    WOT is ya wheel base deano? & weight?

I got a 96 YZF1000F shock & it was longer by about 12-15mm(too many beers since then) all i did was to grind the mounts away slightly,on the frame.you can keep ya air box if ya wont.
    THE bike had to be altered in the suss, department but if ya is building a fighter,ya gotta do it ALL.
    WOT is ya wheel base deano? & weight?

ZX6R shock is a straight bolt up conversion too. not sure bout spring rates tho

ZX6R shock is a straight bolt up conversion too. not sure bout spring rates tho

96 11 shocker in my 89 11,raised her about 10 an bolts straight in. made shit loads of difference but i still ride outa control.

96 11 shocker in my 89 11,raised her about 10 an bolts straight in. made shit loads of difference but i still ride outa control.

Mundy I weighed the bike in at about 211kg with 3/4 tank of fuel and my weight would be about 95-100 with gear. the wheel base i will have to measure, why do you ask?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast