Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Damo's GIXER-New coat of paint.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    quote:Originally posted by USH

The paint looks good, very popular effect in the R/C world. I agree with another bloke, i recon using a different colour other than silver for the water droplets woulda looked cool, but in saying that I think the blue with silver is a horn look. Pictures just don't do it justice. I'd stencil the 'suzuki', but instead of doing it as 1 word, i'd do separate letters so its not as 'uniform' then go around the edge of each letter with the airbrush and 'fuzz' the edge so it wasn't as crisp. There are plenty of wicked fonts floating around the net that look awesome.

Ush
    Cheers for your feedback
    The talk of using the fluro yellow for the water drops would [u]not</u> have worked the way i did it, because of the way the rattle can sprays it is to heavy and would of looked like shit ( as some already think it does but worse).
    But i do get what your saying and appreciate your comments on my bike.
    Black would have looked sweet,or some other bright color would also have probably looked the goods.
    At the end of the day i had a picture in my head of what i wanted and i stuck the the plan from the start and this is the result.
    The comments of the stenciled suzuki are valid and i can see why, but it would just be a fatter/wider air-brush look that would look staged.
    I wanted free hand graffity and thats what i stuck to,just like the image in my head.
    As ive said before it's contraversial and i get that, not every ones cup of tea and i get that- but its mine and my own work and thats what satisfies me, looking at it when i open the gadga knowing i did it and designed it the way i wanted.

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    quote:Originally posted by damo1

quote:Originally posted by Large

Damo, where are you doing the painting?
    At home! Why you want some paint work done??

I could work in your joint if you like??
    Nah, I was just wondering if you've got some sort of booth or whether you're having problems with dust and crap getting on the paint?

Pizza delivery boy/girl

The paint looks good, very popular effect in the R/C world. I agree with another bloke, i recon using a different colour other than silver for the water droplets woulda looked cool, but in saying that I think the blue with silver is a horn look. Pictures just don't do it justice. I'd stencil the 'suzuki', but instead of doing it as 1 word, i'd do separate letters so its not as 'uniform' then go around the edge of each letter with the airbrush and 'fuzz' the edge so it wasn't as crisp. There are plenty of wicked fonts floating around the net that look awesome.

Ush
    Cheers for your feedback
    The talk of using the fluro yellow for the water drops would [u]not</u> have worked the way i did it, because of the way the rattle can sprays it is to heavy and would of looked like shit ( as some already think it does but worse).
    Black would have looked sweet,or some other bright color would also have probably looked the goods.
    At the end of the day i had a picture in my head of what i wanted and i stuck the the plan from the start and this is the result.
    The comments of the stenciled suzuki are valid and i can see why, but it would just be a fatter/wider air-brush look that would look staged.
    I wanted free hand graffity and thats what i stuck to,just like the image in my head.
    As ive said before it's contraversial and i get that, not every ones cup of tea and i get that- but its mine and my own work and thats what satisfies me, looking at it when i open the gadga knowing i did it and designed it the way i wanted.
    I like the way the suzuki looks now, with the fuzzed edges.... Just as a reference for cheap coloured paint that will go on almost everything (you said you couldn't do the droplet effect with a spray can) with an airbrush is http://www.tamiya.com/english/produc...s/kit80001.htm or http://www.tamiya.com/english/produc...t/kit80301.htm
    Can be brought from any local hobby shop or model shop for next to nothing. Great for effects with the airbrush.

My little bro does alot of airbrush stencilling and uses all these kinda paints.

Ush

Ush
    Cheers for your feedback
    I like the way the suzuki looks now, with the fuzzed edges.... Just as a reference for cheap coloured paint that will go on almost everything (you said you couldn't do the droplet effect with a spray can) with an airbrush is http://www.tamiya.com/english/produc...s/kit80001.htm or http://www.tamiya.com/english/produc...t/kit80301.htm
    Can be brought from any local hobby shop or model shop for next to nothing. Great for effects with the airbrush.

My little bro does alot of airbrush stencilling and uses all these kinda paints.

Ush
    I actually never said you cant do it [u]with a rattle can </u>
    it does work as you have probably seen on you tube but!
    I meant i couldn't do it with the fluro rattle i have because of the way it sprays.
    To be honest after all my practice of nailing it to the effect i was happy with , a spray can is very amiture in the effect it gives looks heavy and shit imo anyway.
    Yeah i've seen all thoughs be for but i work in the trade and get paint pretty much free for myself so no big deal.

Damo, where are you doing the painting?
    At home! Why you want some paint work done??

I could work in your joint if you like??
    Nah, I was just wondering if you've got some sort of booth or whether you're having problems with dust and crap getting on the paint?
    Mate if i'm 100% honest with you i did this respray in my driveway in open air- no need for a booth when using "very fast hardener" touch dry in about 5-10mins depending on the temperature out side.
    Who's doing your paint work for the bikes your buying and fixing?????

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123