Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shanna

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace

Shanna

11 months ago almost tothe day our son (17) brought his new girlfriend. Shanna, home. Great kid, fitted in with the rest of the family and is a beautiful addition to our family.
    Shanna came down with a cold last week so took a couple of days off school ( year 12). On friday morning her mother drove to Sydney to attend her sisters 60th birthday. By friday night we had Shanna at the local hospital emergency room as she was feeling pretty crook, they sent her home with a diagnosis of a viral infection of the trachea, by 12 o'clock saturday Sue took her back to the hospital as she was not getting any better,in fact her condition was worsening.
    Shanna is now in her third hospital (Alfred), on life support, kidney dialyses and in an induced coma. We have just learned that she is undergoing surgery to place her on heart lung bypass (or something like that) which they told us on sunday might very well kill her. I don't really know why I'm posting this, I guess maybe because i'm supposed to be the big tough guy for our son, Sue, Shannas school friends and most of all her family ( you lot would love her granfather) and I can let it go here without upsetting anyone. Sorry blokes. Send good karma or prayers.

Blog Entries
    I send all the good luck I can muster mate. What has she contracted? That is just evil! Let your son know that us guys here are all with him and hope all of you guys have some good news soon. Sorry to hear though mate. Best wishes from me.

I'm not religous Al, but my best wishes & thoughts are with yours & Shanna's families, keep your chin up mate & stay positive.
    I hope she comes out of it OK.

Weekend Warrior
    shit man that sucks, hope she makes a full recovery soon, viral infections are teriible in the swiftness and ability to do so much in such a short amount of time, my best wishes to all

Bloke with a smaller stick
    Sounds like your in a tough spot there mate. Stay strong for your family, Shanna and her family. Although there is very little we can do in a situaton like this one, we are here for if you need someone to talk to.

Our thoughts are with you.

Cheers,
    Clint.
    "It's the eighties and I'm down with the ladies"

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    Done and done mate

Yeah mate Same from Me! You are posting it on here cause you care mate, and you obviously care alot. Thoughts are with you and ur son and Shanna! make sure you son see's this too mate, hopefuly will cheer him up. A few Prayers commin your way mate!

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Nothing worse than seeing sick kids Gibbo.Chin up big guy,think positive.

Bloke with a smaller stick BillyWhizz888's Avatar
    Stay strong Gibbo, your strength will filter down to everyone else
    Fcuk Off Ya Twat

ASF Premium Full Member
    dunno if this'll make you smile but...
    My mum was on the list for a heart lung a while ago(living in tamworth at the time).She was over weight (size 24ish, but that was the smallest prob), and couldn't walk too far. someone saw, basically, a fat chick use a disabled parking spot, and started abusing her. When my mum answered with "I'm waiting for a bloody heart lung transplant, is that good enough for ya?!"
    You've never seen anyone scurry away so fast in your life.
    I started laughing, and mum joined in... Stay strong, Gibbo.
    more titanium than my bike

Very sad to hear,shocking that it can be so bad so fast
    Its really hard Gibbo when u need to be strong for everyone, but no 1 expects a man of steel in this situation.
    If you need ANYTHING there are plently of people here that care and will be there for you and your family.
    Shanna will be in our thoughts and hearts for a speedy turn around and recovery.

quote:Originally posted by hooligan

dunno if this'll make you smile but...
    My mum was on the list for a heart lung a while ago(living in tamworth at the time).She was over weight (size 24ish, but that was the smallest prob), and couldn't walk too far. someone saw, basically, a fat chick use a disabled parking spot, and started abusing her. When my mum answered with "I'm waiting for a bloody heart lung transplant, is that good enough for ya?!"
    You've never seen anyone scurry away so fast in your life.
    I started laughing, and mum joined in... Stay strong, Gibbo.
    Thats a top story mate[]

Bloke with a smaller stick
    not good mate, not good at all. hope things pick up for you all.

Weekend Warrior
    Sorry to hear it Gibbo. This is a good place to get it off your chest. You clearly got a lot of support here.

It's incredible how fast things can change. I hope it all works out for her.

How is she doing Gibbo ?

How are things going Gibbo? Hope Shanna is showing some improvement.
    Feel free to call if you want someone to yell at or anything (02 6161 5632, 0408 270 698).
    I've had people that I've been caring for in such circuimstances in the past mate, so more than willing to do anything (I know it's limited, but) I can.

Hey thanks for all the support, Shanna had surgery wenesday night to put her on heart lung bypass, since then we haven't been able to visit her for risk of infection, she is still in an induced coma and will be at least untill she is off this bypass machine, which could be 2-3 weeks. The doctors are saying that she is showing signs of improvement. I gotta say the people at the Alfred are fantastic, working with her 24 hours a day. I will keep you posted.

Thanks again you lot.

If you run into a nurse at the Alfred called Geoff Murphy tell him Mark Chalklen from Syliva Curley House says hello. He's a top bloke, and a good listener too.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    we're all cheerin for you gibbo, and Shanna and your boy.
    what a crap week. very bad stuff happened around here too.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast