Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Opindowns GSXR750 - Now up and running

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder

Opindowns GSXR750 - Now up and running

Well I did have this in the Suzuki members rides but thought moving it here would get more feed back and hints and tips.
    I thought i should start a build thread to show what happens from the time i got it to the time i finish it.
    Here are a couple of pics from just after i got it and resprayed the bike in mate black just to tidy it up little. Also the rear rim and a few other parts on the bike were looking a little dull so i shined them up a bit.

the new mirrors arrived today. I have since decided to stick with the bar end mirrors. i was going through a box looking for a photo album and ended up finding the alarm i got for my zzr250 (remote start) so i it is something alse am contemplating putting on.

the new headlight mount, there are sunken bolt heads on the other side for nice flush mount bolts. it will be off to the laser cutter for the CAD file and for the plates for mounting the sub frame. i had to draw it in 3d to see what it and how it was gonna look.

Just wanna say a big thanks to CBRRRT for shooting me through the disk + some. big help thanks mate
    These have since turned up

from what i was told the guy was gonna send me the seat cowl bit that covers the passenger seat but much to my surprise i got another seat fairing. so up it goes forsale. see forsale thread

well i got off my arse and decided i wasnt gonna buy a seat cowl. I decided to make one. few pics

I have also decided to do a knuckle duster symbol on the rear cowl as well.

with the knuckle duster emblem

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Looking good mate

Weekend Warrior
    Coming along well. Like the knuckles.

Is that a Kaneg race stand? Was gonna get one for my speed trip but thought it looked like they sit flat on the floor and would be hard to get fingers underneath to lift up and take the bike off. Went with a Sharp instead but looks like I could have saved a shitload with a Kaneg

nah mate mine is a speed line. got it from ebay. it is givin me the shits because it is a pain in the arce to put under the swing arm. so i am thinking about making something else to go there to pick upi say the spool sliders that i was gonna throw on or just throw some bolts in the centre of the axels when i am gonna lift it.

I got my plates back from the laser cutter today and it turns out that the guy that i have been dealing with used to have a fighter and is looking at getting rid of his 04 R1 and getting another fighter. now all i got to do is finish the new cowl and get the new plates welded on and i can fit the new tail.

look'in good matt,be interesting to see it done.

tell me bout it i am just as eager. was thinking about the paint today and i am thinking about doing a black faded into metalic blue.

Weekend Warrior
    ...............interesting!

yeah nice choise mate,thought along those lines myself.
    i been polishing my finger prints off...wet and dry and kero,lot of work but looks good

Weekend Warrior
    are you using the underseat exhaust again? it looks quite cool, shame to lose it! nice work on the coweling.

yer i am gonna be trying to use the under tail zorsts again for the sheer fact they are already there and sound great. wouldnt mind the 04 R1 swing arm as well so i can run the pipes a little neater. Thanks

got around to starting to do the tail here are a couple of progress shots

note the rubber still on the exhaust from when the bike went to the burn out comp prior to me owning it

my brother come round so i put him to work. Note his chinese work boots

Jst leave it like that n call it bobber mate!
    Lol!

Was concidering making it into a bobber but then thought fuck it. i was talking to a mate last night and he is keen to get a gsxr (cheap one) and hack the shit out of it and make a bobber, but like every thing else it probably wont eventuate to anything. And trust me i wanted to go for a ride with out the tail but the wife said NO!

got a little more done today. will have all the wiringin tomorrow and the new battery on monday if all goes to plan. then it will be yum yum yum and time for a ride.

How well does the tank marry up to the seat mate[?]looks as though you may have a bit of a gap. Noice choice though

Mate ive got the same tail on my gix, yours looks a bit high? Are you a tall bloke or are my eyes just deceiving me?

your eyes are deceiveing you. it is because the back of the bike is on the stand. and i am a little tall (6ft 2) but the tail is adjustable to a certain point as well and drop it back do a little if needed. the seat should be right. i have to trim some out of the front of it and maybe put a little foam in there. dunno. will cross that bridge when i come to it.

good mounts bloke. who dun ya tig weldin ?. everytime i take my tig weldin to a "mate" he toasts me. i had virtually the same thing welded but he did the new top shock mount as well and pinged me 250 bucks.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast