Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Revival - New Pics 29/01/2010

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace

The Revival - New Pics 29/01/2010

Alrighty guys, its been a while since I was on here, not sure if anyone noticed I was gone lol.
    Anyway since I was here last I let my 7/11 turn to shit and following an accident I had in December 06' I've ridden it maybe once, twice at best.
    Then I started to pull her apart to fix an oil leak and lost interest mid way through. Rego has since lapsed and she's been more useful as a shelf than a form of transport.
    Anyway my plan is to fix her up and restore her to her former glory (and then some) with some new found motivation.
    Heres how it looks now and as you can see I have some work ahead of me if im to have it ready by the fools run.

Si i'm assuming full membership is the same as always so be expecting my cheque soon.

Ben I'll be in contact with you soon with some ideas.

I'll keep a diary of my progress and would love to get some feedback along the way.

Cheers boys and girls.

Bloke with a smaller stick rod185651's Avatar
    Welcome back mate, good luck with the rebuild.

Bloke with a smaller stick

Jesus died for his own sins...NOT MINE !

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    Yay Spongebob!

At least it's all in one place........sort of
    Welcome back.

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    thats one sorry looking 711

looking forward to seeing it come back to life!
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

ASF Premium Full Member
    Blog Entries
    Shockin [:0]

Yeah I know slap on the wrist, especially for those pink shoes thanks Sharky.
    I'll be starting the clean up tonight and hopefully be able to show you a slightly more complete picture of my bike.
    As I obviously haven't stored it properly I imagine I'm going to have issues with stuck clutch plates, hard tyres etc etc.
    I'll give everything a good polish and then a coating in PPC Glisten Coat. What's people opinions on polished forks?
    Need to get a new cooler, I'm going to ceramic coat my headers and track down a new exhaust.
    Then she'll be off for a tune and then blue slipped.

ASF Standard Full Member
    Crying shame you let the old girl lose her sparkle. You have a few hours to put in there buddy. Polished forks .........? I have them on mine but still not sure. Will know better after paint.
    :cool: Oblivious !!

Welcome back mate- you've got a head start on me mate - your bike is mostly in one piece. Fools run here we come hey?

Ok well I pulled her out and attached her plastics and tank etc so heres a rough idea of how she looks.
    Out of interest, what are peoples thoughts on the tail height? I was thinking about lowering it slightly merely because I was getting over crushed nuts.
    Anyway, time to get crackin, how long left to the fools?

Hey.. Ive seen a tail somewhere like that. I ended up putting that gas cylinder (rear shock thingo) inside the ducktail and made a strategic hole so I could adjust the settings if required. Saves having that on bottom of seat and tidies the whole look up. Id also say drop the seat by about 3-5cm so the tip of the tail is closer in line with top lines of tank.

Jarrod

Bloke with a smaller stick
    I rekon drop the tail a bit and use the sponge-bob bag as a front fairing.

"It's the eighties and I'm down with the ladies"

You know what Ice, I reckon you're right...

ASF Standard Full Member
    I like a bit of tyre cleavage but not my nuts ! Seems to be a rule of thumb that tip of tail to line through with top of tank, (unless you're building "Germanic"}. Or am I talking crap again ?
    :cool: Oblivious !!

ASF Premium Full Member
    Blog Entries
    Lower the seat, then build out the tank to fill the gap mate. 04-06 R1 5VY swing arm, and a kick arse little stubby Moror GP zorst. Wipe a rag over it, and, its done.

I've just bought one of those cheapy ebay oil cooler with line included kits. Can someone please tell me what fittings I need to connect the line to the sump. Is it just a standard -10 > 7/8 right angled HEL job or is there something cheaper I can get away with, ie stainless etc.
    I've also bought a bit of the Glisten stuff so I'll let you guys know how it stands up on the frame over time. Has anyone had any experience with it yet?

And a third question to Exben, mate you made the mount for my subframe. Ive tested where the holes will need to go to lower it and its far enough away from the current hole. If I were to get you to drill out the new holes would you need me to bring in the bare frame or could you drill into it how it is now?

Oh anotherthing that's been brought to my attention...

The oil sight on my clutch cover has a leak, what's your recommendations for resealing it?

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    the oil leak can be fixed by getting a new rubber seal that goe's around the glass itself mate not expensive at all just go to your nearest suzi dealer

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Ok so it's been a few weeks now, the bike has been dismantled and I'm in the process of putting the engine back together after replacing a few oil seals.
    I've also been to see Ben and with a bit of commentary from Large had my tail end lowered.

This leaves me with a f'ing huge gap between the seat and tank so I think I will build the seat out rather than the tank to make things a bit eaier on myself.

Now one thing I need a bit of advice on is what to do with the small gap between the frame,seat and tank. The old tail piece will fit it perfectly its just a matter of what shape to go with. I've made some carboard cut outs of both options. The second option will be harder due to the fact it will need to be plastic welded to the tail piece. Any thoughts?

How do u like my use of a bed sheet. Pretty professional hey.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast