Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 96 Bandit 12 parts for trade or sale

ASF Standard Full Member

96 Bandit 12 parts for trade or sale

Various bits of '96 Bandit 12 for sale or trade. Forks X 2, Straight but need seals. Fork brace, clamps, <s>Front wheel</s> inc axle speedo drive, <s>RW tyre</s> & spacers. Front discs. Rear disc. Tail lights X 2(Std & Clear). Master cylinders clutch & Brake. Exhaust middle link pipe. 2 X Nissin 4 pot calipers (std). Various other bits & Pieces.
    Get youself a bargain everything is negotiable. Will even trade for help & advice !
    :cool: Oblivious !!

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    How much for the complete front end Mate . PM me if you can also the clutch and brake masters Cheers

PM sent.

ASF Standard Full Member
    PM sent to Devo, Turbocat & Evilkarl

ASF Standard Full Member
    Front wheel sold to Turbocat $100 ! Told you I wasn't greedy.

Are you trying to corner the market on Bandit wheels, TK?

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Can anyone verify the Bandit master cylinders will fit a slabby?

quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

Tee Hee
    Nah Dan, I'm building a Forgotten Era ('73 - '80) GS 1000/GSX 1100 Racebike, I had 2 sets of swept spoke early Gixer wheels & found that the straight spoke W/C Gix/Bandit/SV 650 front wheels are nearly 1/2 a kilo lighter & the SV 650 rears are over 1.5kg lighter (max allowable rear rim width is 4.5")
    The SRAD/TL/Busa wheels are even lighter & the K series lighter again but the disc mounting PCD is bigger & the hubs are wider (flat discs) so the lightest wheel I can use whilst keeping the correct discs (max 300mm dia & non floating as per the class regs) are the Bandit/etc.
    As we all know, the best place to lose weight on your bike is from the wheels because the actual weight saving is multiplied several times over in performance terms due to the lighter wheels being much quicker to accelerate/decelerate & having less gyroscopic force makes them easier to turn/change direction.
    Sure it's not a massive weight saving compared to magnesium or C.F. wheels but the price of mag/C.F. makes me go [:0]
    I'm working on the theory that 'every little bit helps' Racing is mental as well as physical so if I [u]think</u> I've got an advantage over the bloke in front of me then I might just try to pass him.

ASF Premium Full Member
    Any gauges or covers for gauges or the bracket that holds the gauges????

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    quote:Originally posted by TurboKat

quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

Tee Hee
    Nah Dan, I'm building a Forgotten Era ('73 - '80) GS 1000/GSX 1100 Racebike, I had 2 sets of swept spoke early Gixer wheels & found that the straight spoke W/C Gix/Bandit/SV 650 front wheels are nearly 1/2 a kilo lighter & the SV 650 rears are over 1.5kg lighter (max allowable rear rim width is 4.5")
    The SRAD/TL/Busa wheels are even lighter & the K series lighter again but the disc mounting PCD is bigger & the hubs are wider (flat discs) so the lightest wheel I can use whilst keeping the correct discs (max 300mm dia & non floating as per the class regs) are the Bandit/etc.
    As we all know, the best place to lose weight on your bike is from the wheels because the actual weight saving is multiplied several times over in performance terms due to the lighter wheels being much quicker to accelerate/decelerate & having less gyroscopic force makes them easier to turn/change direction.
    Sure it's not a massive weight saving compared to magnesium or C.F. wheels but the price of mag/C.F. makes me go [:0]
    I'm working on the theory that 'every little bit helps' Racing is mental as well as physical so if I [u]think</u> I've got an advantage over the bloke in front of me then I might just try to pass him.
    http://www.jennycraig.com.au/home/

[]

ASF Standard Full Member
    quote:Originally posted by Hagarr

Sorry Danny. Nothing like that. Didn't even have them when I bought it as a wreck.

ASF Standard Full Member

Original brake & clutch lines.
    Std tail lights.
    Nissin 4 pot calipers.
    Rear hangers.
    Lid lock and seat latch.
    Std rear disc.
    Std dog bones.
    Front fork Assy.
    Std front discs.
    Left disc drilled for sensor magnet.
    Std centre link pipe.
    Speedo cable with drive.
    Grab rails.
    Plate lamp & reflector.

ASF Standard Full Member
    Kinda got mixed up in the cut & paste but you get the picture.

I'd be after the forks, clamps, axle, speedo drive, disks, master cylinders, lines and calipers. Can you PM me with what you'd want for the lot and what state you're in (so to speak)?

cheers
    danny

quote:Originally posted by OLD SKOOL BANDIT

Various bits of '96 Bandit 12 for sale or trade. Forks X 2, Straight but need seals. Fork brace, clamps, <s>Front wheel</s> inc axle speedo drive, <s>RW tyre</s> & spacers. Front discs. Rear disc. Tail lights X 2(Std & Clear). Master cylinders clutch & Brake. Exhaust middle link pipe. 2 X Nissin 4 pot calipers (std). Various other bits & Pieces.
    Get youself a bargain everything is negotiable. Will even trade for help & advice !

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    quote:Originally posted by Hagarr

i may be able to help you there mate i will have a look down the shed and let ya know

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

ASF Standard Full Member
    Hey Rod, Read your build thread, who's a clever boy then ?!? Good to see the beast evolve, a real treat, thanks. BTW, did you get the JMC swinga ? If so....................

thanks mate and nah i just modded my stock swinga (with the help of a mate) but i could be in the market for one soon mate thats if i have too much trouble keeping the front wheel on the ground then i will buy and extended under/over braced

ASF Standard Full Member
    If you go ahead and order one I would be more than happy to contribute to your purchase by handing over some folding stuff for your present one.

it will be a while yet mate but when i do you have first dibs

Hi TK

As the resident Bandit wheel king(newly crowned)you may be able to answer this for me then:

I bought the Bandit forks, disks etc from Old Skool to put on my slabbie but now need some wheels. Reading between the lines of your post am I right in assuming the W/C wheels and earlier will fit right in? Is so are we talking drop in or new spacers required? As it's a roadie I'm not worried too much by the extra weight of the older wheels and hopefully there are plenty around

cheers
    danny

quote:Originally posted by TurboKat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast