Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Skool Bandit's Bandit12 - First Build

ASF Standard Full Member

Old Skool Bandit's Bandit12 - First Build

Hey fight fans !
    Just after some constructive comments. This is my first build and it's taking forever. Spent ages trying to find a look I like. I have a bandit 12 as the donor, R1 arse end, Busa forks and polished rim, Tick Tock 6 pots and yes, that is a RS250 seat cowl pretending to be a headlight pod. Your thoughts and advice would be a great help.
    P.S. Any advice on wiring would be a help in the future. (Struggling a bit with it).

Cheers.
    :cool: Oblivious !!

Bloke with a smaller stick Weaselman's Avatar
    looks great so far mate...
    The headlight shroud is an awesome idea real original thinking

Just make sure you give it a paint job that will do justice to your work

Weekend Warrior
    It'd look really cool if you mount the lights recessed into the pod, then put perspex or whatever over it and paint it so they look hidden until you turn them on.

Weekend Warrior
    ^^^ What he said x 2. Oh, and welcome

ASF Basic Full Member
    Welcome to the nuthouse Bryn...

are you really gonna keep that nose cone????

Lots of other cool stuff you could use if your gonna go oldskool...
    I taste so good you'l want the recipe.

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    that looks fucking great mate and from one bandit owner to another i reckon you chose wisely for the base of your bike there is a huge range of aftermarket parts avail for them and the motors are almost bullet proof mate ohh and welcome to the nuthouse

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    I,m sittin here spewin i idnt think of a old tail for a front. A little bit of bashin and a bit of twistin and that will look a trick a hell front.... oh n hello 2 ....

ASF Standard Full Member
    Hey Kato. Kinda liked the arse about idea. Had twin spots on her and looked like every bugger elses fighter. Looked on loads of european sites for ideas then spotted a benelli cafe racer and remembered some bits I had in the shed. I'm determined to do as much of the build myself so don't want to buy "off the shelf" kit. Stubborn Yorkshire twat, can't help myself.

welcome mate, for a first time build you have done just fine.it always impresses me that the fighters always have a go at the big stuff front ends,tails dashes.its a far cry from just bolting on some chrome and calling it custom. good on you man looks like you got the bug

ASF Standard Full Member
    Thanks to all of you for the support, always good to get positive feedback from other builders. The Aprillia arse stays up front. Looking forward to hooking up with some of you sooner rather than later to talk shit and get messed up. Thanks again.

welcome to the madhouse mate

Welcome. That looks good. great idea. I think it needs to be shorter, but fuckin ace

ASF Standard Full Member
    Hey Scotty. Which end needs cutting mate ? Just bear in mind I'm 6'2" and don't want to dwarf the thing by chopping the arse down too much. Kinda thought it looked a bit "Kat" like. Just an up to date version of a classic zuki.

na I ment the front (just my opinion) in the photo it looks like it sticks out to far

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    now you have said that scotty i reckon leave it that length and just lower it by 75-100mm i am assuming you have it like that to cover the gauges which is good in theory but (IMO) always ruins the look of your bike but thats just my two cents worth to show you what i mean here is a pic of my bandit

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Weekend Warrior
    Briz, or where ever fate takes me. Australia.
    G`day OLD SKOOL, i see you`ve got a busa front end on,what drammers did you have with triple clamps and the likes of when setting uo your front end?

ASF Standard Full Member
    Now that is just 'kin stunning Rod ! Love the polished caseings and clutch window. Did you source the braced swinger here or import it from O/S ? How did you hide the wiring, (Starter relay, bliker and side stand relays)?

As for the Busa forks John, no problems at all. Just removed the bearing races, and used an hydrolic press to push the stem out of both lower clamps and substitute the Busa one for the Bandit one. Fit new bearings, (Bandit ones obviously), packed with grease and refitted. Only hiccups were:- Steering stops. Had to weld new stop to frame. Top clamp. Had a brass bush turned up to remove any play. Ignition switch, had to rheem out hole so bandit switch lined up with Busa holes.
    Hope that makes sense and helps.(Bear in mind I have not ridden it yet but it promises to be 'kin awsome)

welcome mate, good to see you thinking so far outside the square

ASF Standard Full Member
    Cheers Trent. Good to know there are so many other people outside the square looking in and pissing themselves laughing at the losers bouncing off the walls. I'm loving the insanity around here ! You're all fucking mental ! Can I play ?!?

Weekend Warrior
    Briz, or where ever fate takes me. Australia.
    Thanks OLD SKOOL, sounds fairly quiet forward, best of luck with your project.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast