Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The 185 challenge

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace

The 185 challenge

Ok gangsters, here its is the 1978 cm185 i found in Tans shed a few months back. This was not the best thing made in 1978, id even go as far as to say it probably ranks just below "shadow dancing" by andy gibb. worse yet, its a honda, and yes it has about 0.003hp, but she doesnt need any more power than that and when i saw it i though cafe racer because stock it looks like rusted homosexual.
    Ill let the masses be the judge whether or not its worth the effort but i figure its harder to make a shite bike look good than a good bike look great..

How i got it...

Stripping it down was mainly up to Ado and Ivy(in pic) because i was busy drinking and talking on the phone.. only problem with that is i have no idea what bolts go where, cunts..

Everything on the bike was scaled or rusted to all buggery, so the frame went to the sand blasters while i fucked around pulling the motor to bits cleaning stuff as i went.
    Im shit at cleaning things and got really impatient with wire brushing/sanding aluminium that has been corroding for the best part of a million years so build a really fucking dodgy bead blasting booth in the garage. Yes i have 2 workshops where i could have done this but i was in a hurry and my ute is broked so home blaster it is!

Ok on a serous note, this is perfectly safe and should be carried out with minimal safety gear whilst intoxicated because everything is way more fun when ur drunk with the possible exception of ping pong which is not fun anytime its just gay.
    Home made blasting booths are not gay, Fact!

Not entirely shit for a quick job, what i missed while blasting i cleaned up with wire brushes and degreaser..

Now then..
    keep in mind this is only a mock up so i can wrok out where to put the tank and rear cowl and decide angles etc.
    This also serves as a template for anyone wishing to photoshop it an tell me what im doing wrong which is probably a fair bit.

Yes the (unfinished) tank and rear cowl are supported solely by old pairs of pants because its all i could find and im lazy etc.

Yes im going to cut most of the back of the frame off and rebuild it to suit with minimal tubing and move the shocks to suit so just concentrate on placement of the tank an cowl. As far as visual appeal goes i can make the rest to suit.

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    i like mate that tank and tail go really well together

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

I really shoulda got a better shot of this but i arched the rear cowl out to hold a coulpa peashooter exhausts when i finally get it done..

so undertail exhaust it is then looks the good mate

This is the donk, was gona do the block and barrel in gloss black and the rest shney..

So fucking over polishing i cannot begin to tell you

Cheers rod, im trying to make it a bit different rom the usual cafe racers but without going overboard.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Im liking it so far, keep d pics coming

get yourself a good flap wheel for your bench grinder and polishing becomes quite easy mate but ti still covers you in black shit

tom looks like you have about 93 projects in there at the moment , how you gonna fit the crikey in there for the swing arm and the beige overhaul

seriously the cafe is looking awesome

quote:Originally posted by hyofighter

tom looks like you have about 93 projects in there at the moment , how you gonna fit the crikey in there for the swing arm and the beige overhaul

seriously the cafe is looking awesome
    Cheers Scotty, yeh ive got a few bikes to build but Operation BEIGE is definately on my mind. Been lookin into the sssa thing and ive got a plan..sorta..

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    looks like uve giot yer hands full mister lol ..still i like ur determination [i hate fukin polishing too ]

quote:Originally posted by Azrael

Yes im going to cut most of the back of the frame off and rebuild it to suit with minimal tubing and move the shocks to suit so just concentrate on placement of the tank an cowl. As far as visual appeal goes i can make the rest to suit.

You have been sitting on that playing playstation! The tv is a give away. Thats gonna be a sweet little ride.

Your rants crack me up, Az!

You're on a winner here, I reckon.
    Have you thought about going twin carby with shorter manifolds? You'll get better throttle response.

quote:Originally posted by Bear

Your rants crack me up, Az!

You're on a winner here, I reckon.
    Have you thought about going twin carby with shorter manifolds? You'll get better throttle response.
    I have a nice little set of tzr carbs. Actually I have quite a bit of old tzr stuff if you need it. Keeping it old school is the way though, drums, spokes etc. One of those repro manx tanks would be sweet but probably cost more than the entire project

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast