Thread: Small ignition switch?

Small ignition switch?

I'm bolloxed when it comes to electrics, I bought a standard 1999 blade ignition switch, this is on/off and steering lock, has 3 wires, only problem is is huge, is there an item I can use much smaller?

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    motogadget m-lock i think its called cabbie

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Any small 2 position switch can be use to control an ignition relay or you could go a remote unit with out a key if ya wanna keep it clean.
    'Originally Posted by rock hard stock swingarms are for blokes with balls!! ha ha'

I would love to become a professional whistler. I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.

Yella turbo ZX7 Winner VCM Best Streetfighter and SOS encouragement award NFR 2011
    http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...-s-ZX7-project

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    you can use any ignition switch (car for example).
    Just type in ignition barrel into ebay or google and make sure the barrel is the usual direction (eg. off - acc - on - start) as some older cars like my cortina had acc on the other side so wiring was different.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Go keyless:

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/blo...-GSXR1100-quot

I did that on my ZX9 and it was pretty simple and cheap. The only thing is you need to add a switch to turn the power to the latch unit off or it will flatten your battery pretty quick (like in a day or two).

Blog Entries
    Shit, there were loads of images missing there Hillsy, thanks for pointing that out, I've sorted it now.

Weekend Warrior
    Small quad ignitions work well, small depth, 4 pole 2 switched pairs, weatherproof, robust, and unobtrusive. Flanged key covers the barrel when inserted, and will not shake out even when horizontal. Marine ignition locks are similar but rather more expensive than quad items.