Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 88 gixxer street fighter (work in progress)

Bloke with a smaller stick 03gixxerpilot's Avatar

88 gixxer street fighter (work in progress)

pic of the 88 street fighter in progress, the RGV front is being replaced by a R1 USD's with 5 spoke rim, and the tail piece is going to be an 04-05 R1 unit. this is the chassis that the 1371 is going into.
    Born again Juvenile delinquent

from a diffrent angle

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Looking promising. Is that a VTR single sider ?

Blog Entries
    It's almost a shame you're getting rid of the RGV tail piece. Any of the English guys here who were around when Streetfighters first started showing up will tell you, that it was the original Streetfighter "must have" tail piece. Looks a bit big and dated now but at the time it was the 916 tail equivalent.

Yes '95 VFR single sider, I'm putting together a how to artical for it, it needs the shock mounted in it and when i'v finished that i'll sen the atrical to Gix11 to post up as a sticky.
    If i had keept to the original idea i would have stayed with the rgv tail, but since i've decided to go overboard with the 1100 motor, and make it into a bit of a show bike, i've decided to go for the more moden fighter look. If you look closly its also got a 91 modle tank on it, which is not a bolt over conversion.
    Just out of intrest who likes the RGV tail and who likes the 04 R1 tail idea.

Blog Entries
    I didn't notice the tank mate. Nice work! You did such a good job I totally ignored the old slabside frame.

As for tails, are you going to do the underseats on the '04 R1 as well? What would it look like without them?

yep thats the one best under tail exhust since the 916.

proberly have after market cans on it though and no bitch pad. thats what the other bike is for.

made a bit more progress today, i've got the bike out of storage ( been moving houses a bit over the last few months ) and over to stevo's w/shop where i have access to the right equpiment to make progress on the project, so the first order of business ( besides putting the 03 back together) is to finish of the swingarm and suspention, as i do this i'll make an indetail " how to " including pics and drawings.

.................................................. ..NOW all i need to do is figure out where i put the suspension parts and i'll be right!!!!!!!!!!!! ;/

Blog Entries
    There'll be somewhere safe mate, don't you worry, they always are.

Yea the other problem is that most of the other parts for it are with them
    I'll look for them next week, unfortunitaly the week end is my bussy time for work, mind you it has its advantages having my weekend during everyone elses week LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weekend Warrior
    Just thinkin if we need to make custom linkages it might be worthwhile gettin 'em lazer cut ... will depend on thickness and shape... but we could get a little cute with the profile...

The other bits we were lookin at as far as mounting points will be a piece of piss...

was thinking the same thing, but also keeping as much as posible standard untill finished then going to the bling, how ever if we need to get cute befor that then that will be our best bet for sure.

Whats the donk ?

donk is going to be my '90 11 taken out to 1371cc
    see 03gixxerpilot's '90 gixxer 11 big bore

[8D]donk is going to be my '90 1100

[}]it will given to stevo who will take it out to 1371 with a big block kit ( looking like we gona use the APE kit ) fittet with 2002 fuel injection ( ie the entire engine managment system fuel and ignition ) updated to busa throttle bodies, loots of head work, and associated cams, aftermarket conrods, stud kit for barrels etc, and any thing else that we need to do to it to make 200 reat wheel HP reliably ( we have one of the most pesimistic dynos around so if we can get to the 200 HP or close we will almost certianly get it on any other dyno ) I will keep a record of all the work ( altough some thing will be generlised like cam profiles ) and put up an artical in the how to section. if you got any questions on how to do anything that we are doing please ask ( you and Phone me 0405276179) and we will try to help as best as we can.

Yeah mate.. did you have any probs with the rear suspension linkage on the swing arm??

yea there are a few issues there, the shock is off set in the swing arm and the linkages dont line up, I have'n done much to the swing arm since mounting it and getting the alingment on the wheel and sprocket done, ( i haven't haven't had time or a w/shop to do it but now it's at stevo's i can make some progress on it ) I am about to finish all the alinment work on the suspension, we are properly going to use most of the VFR suspension with the exciption of the shock ( which is miles to long ) by replacing it with a 02 gsxr unit, and the dog bones will prob be replaced by a set of adjustibale units, i will take photos of what has been done so far and what we do with the rest of it as we go and post them up ( next week )
    If you are looking at doing the same thing to a gixxer and havent already got a chassis i would recomed getting a 750 slingshot chassis the reason for which will become apprant when you see how we mount the top mount of the shock.

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    200bhp, bloody hell!!!
    that'll be a monster and a half

there is a gixxer shock for sale on OSB at the moment if u need one
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Weekend Warrior
    If you’re looking at going the modern route I would probably go with something like that r1 tail in the pic.
    I really like these Suzuki’s with the flat frame and tank. They make great bases for fighters. I have also seen some of these with tails fitted that look like they have no sub frame and some that look like you are using the exhaust to mount the seat. Always fancied the look of the single sider for my 9r but I assume it lots of work to do. So any insight will very much appreciated

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast