quote:Originally posted by Jockney Rebel

Im special ......it says so on my release form
    Those Barmaids at the Maroubra thought you were really "Special"

Bloke with a smaller stick Weaselman's Avatar
    man id take them on

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Yeah!! Shire sounds good!

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    As I've said before on here I'm actually from Sutho (Engadine) and do like it down in Gods Country, but there are various reasons why it's not suitable for us at the moment - not least of which we're commited to a house in the Castle Hill area. Driving to and from a shop in the Sutherland area would be a bit of a stretch.....

But mainly I think Castle Hill would give us access to more customers than Sutherland. The location is within easy reach of the eastern, western and northern suburbs as well as easily accessable from the central coast area.

As for competing with MAW that's a no-brainer - there's no competition there at all. I'll be showrooming my parts and a select amount of other hard-to-find high end performance gear - not the $2 dirt bike shite that they flog off. I don't intend to be competing with a new bike dealer, either. Don't forget that the whole point of AuSFR was to be a place to get the parts that would otherwise not be freely available in Australia. Outside of that the only type of bikes we would have for sale would be the occasional customised sportsbikes/streetfighter - and even then not for a while (until we're well & truly established).

Having said all that - I'm not adverse to anyone approaching me for a franchise

Bloke with a smaller stick rod185651's Avatar
    I used to love riding down Castle Hill, oh fuck,.. sorry,..that was Castler Hill in Townsville NTH QLD

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Are you an exvillian, Rod?

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    ex..? he lives in maroubra

LOL sure am

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    and gibve them barmaids me no...ill have the first one at 12.00and send the next one in at 1.00pm illbe in the pub by 4.00pm

They'll eat you alive Jim

Wish I'd known last ride - I'm exvillian also. Looks like we'd have lotsa stories to share.

quote:Originally posted by Bear

Wish I'd known last ride - I'm exvillian also. Looks like we'd have lotsa stories to share.
    Cool mate, heaps of rides in the future to swap stories. I think we will probaly see alot of each other after Steve picks up that R1 also

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    I didnt bother reading all of the previous posts, so it may alreadly be mentioned

but apparently MCAS parramatta are moving to new premises just outside parramatta somewhere

I reckon a shop near this may work as your not clashing with thier product and you'll would get flow on traffic

having ridden both north and south of Sydney extensively I'd say south is just a busy if not more than the north so putting a place at dural etc may limit us southerners to an odd visit or 2 a year

be good to see some of this fighter stuff in the flesh

Weekend Warrior
    quote:Originally posted by qickdraw

As I've said before on here I'm actually from Sutho (Engadine) and do like it down in Gods Country, but there are various reasons why it's not suitable for us at the moment - not least of which we're commited to a house in the Castle Hill area. Driving to and from a shop in the Sutherland area would be a bit of a stretch.....

But mainly I think Castle Hill would give us access to more customers than Sutherland. The location is within easy reach of the eastern, western and northern suburbs as well as easily accessable from the central coast area.

As for competing with MAW that's a no-brainer - there's no competition there at all. I'll be showrooming my parts and a select amount of other hard-to-find high end performance gear - not the $2 dirt bike shite that they flog off. I don't intend to be competing with a new bike dealer, either. Don't forget that the whole point of AuSFR was to be a place to get the parts that would otherwise not be freely available in Australia. Outside of that the only type of bikes we would have for sale would be the occasional customised sportsbikes/streetfighter - and even then not for a while (until we're well & truly established).

Having said all that - I'm not adverse to anyone approaching me for a franchise
    Sounds like a good plan man..........

I dont think the Old Road is a good place for business..... as others have said look at throttle stop...... althought their hearts wernt in it...... but i also have worked at Road Warriors and I gotta tell you...... Motrocyclicsts are a fickle bunch.....and there are just too many factors going against you there, a big one being that police presence on the road can clear in in the space of an hour. lol.

I reckon Castle Hill Sounds an awesome spot...and you have a niche market so aslong as you market it right...... your customers are just waiting for you to be there and sell them shit!! (Well top class parts....LOL)

[)]

Weekend Warrior
    Mate fucking good idea I reckon it would put pressure on the place if ya put on a main riding route tho some blokes are well you know!

Weekend Warrior
    Doesn't really matter where you set yourself up, the diehards WILL come. If you're looking for new custom, you need to be visible and easily accessible to the passer-by. Also depends on what sort of budget you're allowing for publicity. I'm assuming that the webiste will remain, and that's where you get your customers already. Once people know you have a premises where they can look and touch, they'll flock there.
    In Castle Hill, there are a couple of places that draw riders there in the first place. You only have to get their attention, and word will spread.

quote:Originally posted by rod185651

They'll eat you alive Jim
    Thats the idea isn't it?

Friggin hell, Is everyone here from townsville ?. Growed up there myself too even also as well.Cranbrook actually ....... How come no one has taken Stu up on a VIC franchise ?

Coz he haznt got the 1st shop in NSW set up yet...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast