Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ASF MAD RIDE STREETFIGHTER DISPLAY.. Who's in ?

Rocket

ASF MAD RIDE STREETFIGHTER DISPLAY.. Who's in ?

Billywhizz and I have been talking about what we could do for the MAD ride show and shine and as you know, we'd like to put together an ASF display.
    But it will depend on what sort of commitment we get from members here as there’s no use doing a display if only three bikes turn up.

What we'd really like to do is show all levels of fighters. Modded sportsbikes like Abels CBR and Hagarrs Gixer, modified nakeds like Watto, Kookaburra and Munter’s bikes. We'd also like to get some current builds in there such as Hagarr the Harris and any other unfinished bikes on display.
    Mainly to show that fighters really are built and not bought.
    I reckon it would be great to have the owner builder answering questions about his own in-progress build rather than just looking at the finished machines.

I am going to Brissy at the end of the month and will talk to Si about using the ASF banner if we get enough people saying they will be there.
    But I won’t bother if not many are interested.

Abel, you mentioned a tent ? What sort of tent is it ?
    Mel’s got one as well so that would be great if we can use one or both of them for guys hanging around to watch over the gear/bikes/Si’s banner.
    Last year, we spent most of the day in the sun, it’s okay if you’re part aboriginal like Mel, but it played havoc with my geisha-like white complexion.

We still have to suss out where we are going to be put, currently it’s on the concrete so securing the tent is an issue (same for the banner) but Mel has a little tenure in that area so if we get enough commitment to justify our own little spot, we may be able to set ourselves up somewhere decent. But no promises there.

The main thing I want to convey is that we don’t just want to set up a display of bikes hoping to win trophy’s, but of streetfighters of different styles and types and levels of expenditure and modification so people can see how easy it could be if they wanted to have a go.

Any idea’s ?

How about everyone who’s definitely going to make it put their hand up now.
    Of course, Mel and I will be there.

At worst, we’ll just try and keep us ASF guys together in one area.
    At best, if we can get enough guys coming through, we might be able to get our own little spot where we can stand apart from the crowd.
    Because that’s what we do.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    im definetley there, so thats 3 of us....
    the tento thingo i got is a gazebo type with a back on it that goes half way down.... perfect for us to sit in... ill get
    dimentions for ya when the sun is out....
    just with us displaying our bikes, can we do the ride from Shenton park to Scabs then park the bikes up in the ASF area????
    id be good to get an esky and bbq too for the day....

Weekend Warrior
    I'm in Thailand that week unfortunately, getting breast implants, so no can do.

Weekend Warrior
    well i fly out the day before mad to spend a bit over a month doing the east coast (P I , bathurst , indies) and as you guys know i binned the sv but it is well on the way to a rebuild . i am willing for you to use it as a display BUT Mel and Phil the responsability is yours as for my baby . let me know if your interested and i will make it happen .

ASF Premium Full Member
    As i have replied today to Abel on another thread saying that everyone may not be interested or had a lack of interest in ASF WA (in my case particularly) I can assure you I would love to be sitting at your couch, shed, bar function piss up after being for a ride with you guys but unfortunately my company takes so much time of my day (Life!)that when I get home my poor little brain is generally fried and i normally wander down to the shed and tinker on some part that requires machining welding etc to take away the thoughts of the day. Now i don't know about you guy's (you all seem to have been around bikes for a lifetime like me) but the next best thing, and i have to say this or Helga will belt me, is motorbikes i wouldn't dare say they are the first. My first bike (and almost my last) was a Z1B of which i knew at the age of 13 i would ride and own one (if you're interested i'll tell you the story one day).
    So that hopefully explains a little bit about what i'm about.
    Now i am well and truly interested in getting this Streetfighters mob well and truly off the ground, i've basically ridden a fighter since 1980 (Not that i think it requires much)with ride days functions and showing off to the public particularly in the interests of showing that we aren't mass murderers but i'll be honest i don't feel as if what i do is ever suitable to show in public (except for the occassional moon when i'm pissed)I once got pantsed? on the pool table at the Rivervale after the AFL Grand Final one year and as i was chucking a moon on the pool table (Because i hadn't sunk a ball obviously) in walk's Helga with the kid's to pick me up Well Done!!
    Anyway i digress as usual.
    I'm basically Oldskool it seems i've always had kids and as such i've very rarely been able to go and buy "Pretty Bits" so i've had to manufacture or modify parts from other model's which were generally better than what i had.
    You probably think i'm a raving fucken loonie by now but i'll try and keep going.
    I have HIAB trucks numerous utes and possibly even personnel if you require any help with the setting up or organising of events and would be glad to assist in any way i can.To if "Hagar" the horrible is suitable for showing at an event well i'd prefer to leave that to somebody else to make that decision as i don't feel worthy particularly in the company of the bikes you see here on ASF and what you guy's ride.
    I'll leave that for you guy's to decide.
    Look forward to your thoughts.

hagarr your bike sounds well worthy of a public appearance!!!... and it sounds interesting!

Hey Munter, can I be the first to test them out when you get back ?
    Can't wait for the next beer tour, you can be our topless waitress.

I'll get together with Mel and see what we come up with.
    Kooka, sorry to hear you won't be there, I have trouble taking responsibility for my OWN bike let alone yours ! So we'll probably leave it out.

Abel we have a ride coming up soon, we can make a plan then about tents and stuff.

Hagarr, the pics I've seen of your bike so far show that it's something special so i think it would be great to show it off there.
    It would be good to show these sheep something they haven't seen before.
    And who wouldn't want to get close to this ????

sounds like a good day to drag my arse out for a looksee - I'm in unless it's a medical emergency (like removing other halfs foot from my head for whatever reason)

ASF Premium Full Member
    I'm fairly close to fitting engine and all bodywork gauges etc simply bolt on although injection manifold not quite there yet but just a thought would it be an idea to maybe show it as it is with components alongside rather than fitted. Like a sectioned view so to speak. Not sure????

Bloke with a smaller stick BillyWhizz888's Avatar
    quote:Originally posted by Munter

I'm in Thailand that week unfortunately, getting breast implants, so no can do.
    Oh... any port in a storm! [}]

who wouldn't want to get close to this ????

[/quote]

Fuggin Mintox or what!
    Fcuk Off Ya Twat

quote:Originally posted by Hagarr

I'm fairly close to fitting engine and all bodywork gauges etc simply bolt on although injection manifold not quite there yet but just a thought would it be an idea to maybe show it as it is with components alongside rather than fitted. Like a sectioned view so to speak. Not sure????
    That sounds good, we would just want to make sure someone is there to keep an eye on your bits
    But we would want people there all the time to keep an eye on bikes, gear etc anyway and to hopefully answer questions and hand out ASF cards.

is "would i like a root" the kind of questions you had in mind - in relation to answers i can confirm yes that is a motorcycle or one in parts at least - just tryin to keep it simple

ASF Premium Full Member
    I'm not trying to sound like a wanker but i'm sure you guys are the same when you build something you go weeelll I could have done that a bit better or that didn't turn out quite as well as i expected and since i've owned this thing since '84 (Yes 1984) you tend to know intimately every little thing that you could have done better or you weren't happy with.

mate the whole thing comes down to there are those that admit to being wankers and those that lie about it

you've just decided to venture out of your shell a little[]

seriously mate looks shit hot in the photos n impresses the shit out of me but... I have heard that doesn;t take much

Hagarr I know exactly what you mean, there are a pile of things on my bike I am not happy with.
    At the end of the day, no one else sees it unless I point it out.
    Mate if you want to put your bike up, i don't want to pressure you into it.
    It would be cool though, and the pics you posted look pretty nice that's for sure, the best part is that there's a lot of home built things on it, which make it even more special and more worth looking at. Any fuckwit can buy a shiny thing and bolt it on.

ASF Premium Full Member
    Well that means we need a piss up to figure out what we need to do and how we are going to do it theres not much time to go. I'm always open to suggestions when it comes to drinking piss (and organising of course)

just not this weekend as my bikes in the zorst shops on Saturday through to Monday..

Weekend Warrior
    Hagarr that truly is a wicked looking bit of kit you have there!
    I'll flash you me tits for a go when she's finished []
    And yes, although I can't make the ride I'm still up for any piss ups to discuss the ride I can't attend

ASF Premium Full Member
    Geez this reminds me of the wood shed at school I'll show you mine if you ......blah... Blah....Blah

Bloke with a smaller stick BillyWhizz888's Avatar
    Looks like
    http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...?TOPIC_ID=6777

Then bac to the Chatau for a bar-b n beer and lots of planning chatter......
    Fcuk Off Ya Twat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast