Thread: hi guys in qld

fizzer49

hi guys in qld

hi guys im thinking of taking a job in gladstone can anyone give me a few thoughts on gladstone and queensland like work lifestyle weather that sort of stuff im from adelaide so dont really know much about queensland thanks guys

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    How do you like hot weather? it was 42 in the shade here on monday, so yeah it does get hot. Lifestyle depends on the weather, hot & calm you'll be out the reef fishing, if it's a bit windy you might go chasing barra at lake awoonga. There are heaps of places within 2 hours drive to go camping or 4wding if thats your thing. Most of the houses up here are air conditioned, if your looking to buy, prices for houses start at $240000 for a dump or $375000 will get you a nice 4 bedroom brick place. There is a shortage of houses to rent so if you intend on renting line something up before you move here. There's a few guys from Gladstone on this forum they might have some more info for you, What sort of work do you do?

Blog Entries
    Krash and Stocky are from Gladstone mate. They can give you another opinion as well if you want one.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    hi i should be in gladstone in about four weeks so any help or advice would be good like things to do night life that stuff.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    HMMMMMM....Things to do....
    Go to stocky's garage and pull shit apart so plenty of machines to fab bits

Gladstone is good mate it's not 42 all the time that was the hottest day on record...EVER! normally around the 30-32 mark in summer 15-17 in winter, never rains..or hasn't for a long time anyway

What are you into? we do a few shop rides and Sunday rides next one is to Mt Glorious (I think[?])

As for nite life Don't think capital city think more Pubs/Clubs and a couple of nite clubs..

At the moment housing prices are a bit silly but as they say house prices never go down so we deal with it...
    There are afew rentals around but you pay for them I just sold my house and building a new one and had to rent my house back off the new owner for $375 a week...!!!

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    thanks for that krash i know i will not be bored i think i be staying i a carvan pk just out of gladstone bit cheaper 150 a week for a van

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Let us know when you are here and we will get a ride happening

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    hi guys ive been in gladstone about a week just waiting till i start work at QAL it seems like a nice place here i havent got my bike its in my shed back in adelaide. if i stick around might buy a cheap dirt or road bike. i dont know many people yet so if anyone wants to meet for a drink that would be good. hear from you soon guys