Thread: Hi all, newby here

kneedragger

Hi all, newby here

Hi all,
    Not too many VMax's around here so I thought I'd post and see what you reckon. It's my first fighter and the bug has bitten! Just moved to Brisvegas so hopefully be able to go on a few runs with the guys up here and get in a bit of mischief [8D]

Cheers,
    Rob

Not a bad start at all

Must be the only fightered V-Max in Aus.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    gday rob welcome aboard, sorry not a big v-max fan,i know massive grunt etc but just not my thing.......however your is definately nicer than stock and where is that tail from stock or aftermarket?

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    nice one rob,, big hairy arsed muscle bike.....i like what uv done with it mate

Hey Kneedragger, perhaps you could list the change for those of us with little v-max knowledge.

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    yeah mate give us some specs on it

Portsmouth costa del south coast, England
    I have quite a vast knowledge of the V-MAX yes they are quite powerfull and yes they are quite heavy and sometimes they do burn the clutch at the nearest wiff of throttle action and the rear tyres are a bastard to get if you want a decent one.

But if you get over all of that which no doubt kneeslapper has it is quite easy to do, there is one thing that all max's suffer from and that is the incredibly small petrol tank have you done the upgrade yet kneeslapper [?]

By the way I love what you done with tail piece spot on, now how about cutting those cans in half or maybe a set of two brothers oval cans on there they sound like a couple of chinnook helicopters coming in to land fuckin awsome is the word.
    Oh and top dollar on the front end as well.
    Have you thought about doing the chain conversion on it yet = more power to the road or strip as the shaft will shit its self if too much power is put through it.

quote:Originally posted by alfiestorm

I have quite a vast knowledge of the V-MAX yes they are quite powerfull and yes they are quite heavy and sometimes they do burn the clutch at the nearest wiff of throttle action and the rear tyres are a bastard to get if you want a decent one.

But if you get over all of that which no doubt kneeslapper has it is quite easy to do, there is one thing that all max's suffer from and that is the incredibly small petrol tank have you done the upgrade yet kneeslapper [?]

By the way I love what you done with tail piece spot on, now how about cutting those cans in half or maybe a set of two brothers oval cans on there they sound like a couple of chinnook helicopters coming in to land fuckin awsome is the word.
    Oh and top dollar on the front end as well.
    Have you thought about doing the chain conversion on it yet = more power to the road or strip as the shaft will shit its self if too much power is put through it.
    indeed, have you ever thought about just starting with an IL4, instead of upgrading that to one

Bloke with a smaller stick
    Welcome aboard Rob. Nice VMax.

"It's the eighties and I'm down with the ladies"

Portsmouth costa del south coast, England
    yeah

Blog Entries
    Hi Mate. Welcome abaord. If you wanna catch up with a few of us make it to Shayne's BBQ on the 10th March in Nerang on the Gold Coast. See the SE QLD events section of the forum for details.

Velcom i realy have a soft spot for the vmax and yours is a real nice one i love the rear end and the r1 front suits it real well.

Hows she handle now?

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Really bloody nice max mate.

Did you need to lengthen the forks??

Is that an exactrep rear wheel or did you get a standard wheel machined for the offset??

Top work. Let me know if you ever think about selling.

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words. Here's a few things that I have done.
    Ducati USD front end
    Billet triple clamps (finished by Ben from Extreme)
    Twin headlights with billet clamps (not fitted)
    Brembo brakes
    Brembo radial master (top be put on when it arrives this week)
    Digital speedo/tacho
    Samco silicone hose set
    Billet bar clamps with Yamaha tuning fork engraved on top
    Drag bars
    SportMax lowered and covered seat
    Taylormade fibreglass rear end
    LED tail/brake light
    Rear wheel is off a Yamaha Diversion, but have since reverted back to std wheel as it looks a little chunkier and seems to balance it better. Also the circumference of the 17" wheel made it rev a little too much for me on the highway but it did go like shit off a shovel from the lights! Be good for the drags..
    Swingarm/footpegs/fork bottoms/wheels powdercoated
    Painting by me
    Have opened the engine to have a look and make sure it's not going to go bang and it all looks good, so it stays standard for the meantime. If I don't sell it then a big bore kit is on the agenda.

Fuel tank is the standard size and it's range is only 160klms which is not too much of a pain as I find by the time I have ridden something like Mt Glorious I need to get off and have a rest anyway. Requires a bit of concentration getting the big girl round those corners

Is it for sale???? [?]Depends on how much I get offered as everything is for sale at the right price. Gets me thinking what I could build next?????.......

Fuck Rob, that's pretty special mate.

That's a nice tail and front end.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    nice lookin max m8 .. WELCOME ABOARD ... love the black

Bloke with a smaller stick BillyWhizz888's Avatar
    Dont you just love those twin pots

welcome to the madness mate
    Fcuk Off Ya Twat

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Damn gotta love the max`s, the only thing u need to make it any better is a chain conversion and a turbo mate, excellent choice of ride

Welcome aboard mate!

What part of Brissy are you in ??

Were you the bloke on the Max at QR just before Xmas??