Thread: Pics of my SM...

nmilne

Pics of my SM...

That's supermotard, not S&M, so don't get too excited there

New to the site, just found it the other day - looks nice! I run the web board dedicated to Supermotard in Victoria, www.vsmr.net, but I've ridden road bikes for years and I'm now thinking that a bit of bike augmentation with a fighter would be just the trick so I'm looking around for ideas and at auction catalogues for R1's []

But anyway, here's a few pics of my ride, a 2001 DRZ400 that's duly been converted to motard by myself. The thing is an absolute blast to ride and zips down the reefton at a fair old clip, although isn't so great once the speed gets above 100-120 (all in a controlled environment blah blah blah ). It makes for a great commuter too and gets riden by myself into the city on a daily basis [8D]

Of course I'm a bit of a tinkerer so its not quite stock - apart from the obvious running-gear changes I've also done a bit of engine work courtesy of a big bore kit, higher cr wiseco slug and a pair of hotter cams (from, strangely enough, a mob called HotCams in the US). I've bolted that up to a fairly free flowing yoshi exhaust and opened up the airbox somewhat. There are more pics in the DRZ rebuild gallery on our website at:

http://www.vsmr.net/modules.php?set_...view_album.php

Good to meet you guys and I hope you get the chance to pop over and check us out on www.vsmr.net as I reckon we share quite a few similarities to riding approach and the desire not to be one of the blind generic masses There's a few blokes over there who have more than a little interest in the streetfighter scene as well, so I'll be sure and spread the good word about [8D]

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Man thats very cool [8D] I really like it...

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Man thats very cool [8D] I really like it...

nice work[:I]

nice work[:I]

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Black is tuff, love your work..........

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Black is tuff, love your work..........

Hey, that looks like the end of my street - don't tell me you're a Blackburnian (or whatever they're called) too? [:0]

Hey, that looks like the end of my street - don't tell me you're a Blackburnian (or whatever they're called) too? [:0]

looks like the end of many victorian streets Russs,have you seen this hell man tearin up your tar? also looks like the driveway of a private rub n tug parlour i once visited but it didnt have charcoal concrete an the lawn was a bit more tidy an it was in Campbelltown nsw an they didnt have a letterbox or a garage door or any walls or even a tree out the front. but they'd probly just stolen a bike like that 1

looks like the end of many victorian streets Russs,have you seen this hell man tearin up your tar? also looks like the driveway of a private rub n tug parlour i once visited but it didnt have charcoal concrete an the lawn was a bit more tidy an it was in Campbelltown nsw an they didnt have a letterbox or a garage door or any walls or even a tree out the front. but they'd probly just stolen a bike like that 1

I do recall the thump of a manic single every now and again come to think of it...or that could be the voices in my head....must go and see that shrink again []

I do recall the thump of a manic single every now and again come to think of it...or that could be the voices in my head....must go and see that shrink again []

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    just out of interest what is involved in the swap?

new wheels obviously, but stiffer springs and stuff?
    what kind of cost are we looking at?

i wouldnt mind getting an offroad thumper and doing all the electrics from scratch to make a motard one day
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    just out of interest what is involved in the swap?

new wheels obviously, but stiffer springs and stuff?
    what kind of cost are we looking at?

i wouldnt mind getting an offroad thumper and doing all the electrics from scratch to make a motard one day
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Weekend Warrior
    Yep, Motards way way cool.... love seeing them on one wheel ( front or back) in traffic!!! or backing in around city streets... Very nice job.. good to see stuff done at home.. well done mate!!

Weekend Warrior
    Yep, Motards way way cool.... love seeing them on one wheel ( front or back) in traffic!!! or backing in around city streets... Very nice job.. good to see stuff done at home.. well done mate!!