Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What bike do i have

Seeto

What bike do i have

Hi i've recently purchased a GSXR 750. I'm pretty sure it is a L model. It was built 10/89 but i thought the L models were 90. It does have upsidedown forks though. Can anyone confirm this for me or know exactly how i can tell

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Hey Seeto,my bike is also 10/89 but is definitely a K.Doesn't have USD front.I have an owners manual printed 10/89 and the pics show the bike with the USD forks.I'm not sure if the last of the K's came with these forks or not but also thought that L's were the first with the USD's.Apart from the forks I believe that K's & L's are the same...but don't quote me on that!

Hey Seeto,my bike is also 10/89 but is definitely a K.Doesn't have USD front.I have an owners manual printed 10/89 and the pics show the bike with the USD forks.I'm not sure if the last of the K's came with these forks or not but also thought that L's were the first with the USD's.Apart from the forks I believe that K's & L's are the same...but don't quote me on that!

Just looked at the site chalk10 mentioned and it would seem there is quite a few differences between K's and L's.Anybody wanna buy an owners manual...?

Just looked at the site chalk10 mentioned and it would seem there is quite a few differences between K's and L's.Anybody wanna buy an owners manual...?

Blog Entries
    Yea. Mines confusing as shit as well. It's an '89 1100 K model with the '90 L paint job but no USD forks (well, not until I fitted them anyway). Pretty sure the L was the first with the USD forks though.

Blog Entries
    Yea. Mines confusing as shit as well. It's an '89 1100 K model with the '90 L paint job but no USD forks (well, not until I fitted them anyway). Pretty sure the L was the first with the USD forks though.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    K and L had quite different motors - the K was the ultra short stroke rig they tried (same as J) whereas with the L they reverted to the longer stroke dimensions they had used previously (G/H).

In the 1100 I think from memory that the motor was much the same, but the K had a shorter swingarm...

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    K and L had quite different motors - the K was the ultra short stroke rig they tried (same as J) whereas with the L they reverted to the longer stroke dimensions they had used previously (G/H).

In the 1100 I think from memory that the motor was much the same, but the K had a shorter swingarm...

IF YOU HAVE AN 1100 the update changes were 1 year later than the 750,as mentioned b4 there were also HALF year models.IF you have a bike complied at or after the 7th month it is the next years model.Verifacation will be by looking at the 7th didget BACK on your vin #

IF YOU HAVE AN 1100 the update changes were 1 year later than the 750,as mentioned b4 there were also HALF year models.IF you have a bike complied at or after the 7th month it is the next years model.Verifacation will be by looking at the 7th didget BACK on your vin #

Weekend Warrior
    To further muddy the waters,

I think some K model 750s that were imported to WA had inverted forks but K series short stroke engines/body work, etc.

Weekend Warrior
    To further muddy the waters,

I think some K model 750s that were imported to WA had inverted forks but K series short stroke engines/body work, etc.

FUCK ME!

FUCK ME!

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    could be a k model that someone put usd forks on. hey mundy i sorted that little prob out i rang you about. 3.5 turns seemed to be about right. not 100% but better. thanks

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    could be a k model that someone put usd forks on. hey mundy i sorted that little prob out i rang you about. 3.5 turns seemed to be about right. not 100% but better. thanks

whats ya VIN#.i'll tell ya what ya got.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast