Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maxxis tyres?

almost...640klm's. not bad for a rear tyre. the avon might not last long but i know i can trust em,unlike the pilot,which steps out predictably whenever ya open the throttle. problem with my avons is they're fresh off the boat and rubber hasn't had time to cure. it was bright blue when i finished with it.

Blog Entries
    I seem to have gone full circle back to the dual compound Bridgestone Batlax. They always seem to do the business and last. I got through a set of full soft Dunlops in a matter of weeks once and learnt my lesson, the reality is there's a lot of straight roads out there that end up eating tyres at the 140 cruise mark and a lot of hard take offs being done......

Blog Entries
    I seem to have gone full circle back to the dual compound Bridgestone Batlax. They always seem to do the business and last. I got through a set of full soft Dunlops in a matter of weeks once and learnt my lesson, the reality is there's a lot of straight roads out there that end up eating tyres at the 140 cruise mark and a lot of hard take offs being done......

New to Streetfighters
    How about shinko tires $150 USD delivered to door. Read a lot of good reviews and a few bad ones. Let me know what you think

Krok18

New to Streetfighters
    How about shinko tires $150 USD delivered to door. Read a lot of good reviews and a few bad ones. Let me know what you think

Krok18

What ever happened to Pirelli Phantoms?

I liked the Phantoms, stuck like shit to a blanket, surely some cheap Chinese factory somewhere could do replica's

I liked the Phantoms, stuck like shit to a blanket, surely some cheap Chinese factory somewhere could do replica's

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    quote:Originally posted by krok18

Krok18
    Stay away from 'em is my advice......great as a set for old fart touring warm up nicely and last quite well but on the twisties I used to run out of rubber and then had the occasional over heating problem too.

Krok18
    Stay away from 'em is my advice......great as a set for old fart touring warm up nicely and last quite well but on the twisties I used to run out of rubber and then had the occasional over heating problem too.

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    quote:Originally posted by chalk10

I think the new Ducati Sports are coming out with those as oem

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    quote:Originally posted by chalk10

I think the new Ducati Sports are coming out with those as oem

Weekend Warrior

Krok18
    great tyre depending what you get, 05 rear and 03 front, havnt had a problem with them squirming or slipping (even with95 footpounds of torque at the rear wheel) some people dont like em but others love em

(one thing about them is tyre pressure is pretty critical with these things, gotta keep a check on it regularly)

unfortunately opinions on tires are like arseholes everyones got one and most peoples stink, one mans meat is another mans poison, just gotta find something YOU are happy with

Weekend Warrior

Krok18
    great tyre depending what you get, 05 rear and 03 front, havnt had a problem with them squirming or slipping (even with95 footpounds of torque at the rear wheel) some people dont like em but others love em

(one thing about them is tyre pressure is pretty critical with these things, gotta keep a check on it regularly)

unfortunately opinions on tires are like arseholes everyones got one and most peoples stink, one mans meat is another mans poison, just gotta find something YOU are happy with

I run pilot powers on my GSXR1100(warm up much better than p/sports in Canberra winter and heaps better in the wet).
    A mate has em on an 05 blade and reckons they step out a bit suddenly in the rear.
    My old GS1000 has a pair of Pirelli MT09 match, awesome grip considering the size of contact patch, nice round profile, good feedback.
    Anybody heard anything about Dunlop Qualifiers?

I run pilot powers on my GSXR1100(warm up much better than p/sports in Canberra winter and heaps better in the wet).
    A mate has em on an 05 blade and reckons they step out a bit suddenly in the rear.
    My old GS1000 has a pair of Pirelli MT09 match, awesome grip considering the size of contact patch, nice round profile, good feedback.
    Anybody heard anything about Dunlop Qualifiers?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12