Thread: My B12

speeddemon

My B12

My 98 B12 (luv em) - Full Yoshi system (carbon end can with Ti headers, Ohlins rear shock, GSXR1100 USD's, 6 pots, BMC filters (red cause they go quicker), bug eye lights, DIY mat black paint job and a shit stock seat. Apologies if anything looks like it is polished cause it rarely is.

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Blog Entries
    Top Bike.
    Cant understand why they didnt sell by the Boatload over here.
    Every man and his Dog seems to have one in the UK.
    And I don't blame them !
    Did OZ get the Unfaired B12 ?
    I loved mine,

Renthal / NOS / etc etc
    Sorry about the pic. Need a scanner

Blog Entries
    Top Bike.
    Cant understand why they didnt sell by the Boatload over here.
    Every man and his Dog seems to have one in the UK.
    And I don't blame them !
    Did OZ get the Unfaired B12 ?
    I loved mine,

Renthal / NOS / etc etc
    Sorry about the pic. Need a scanner

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    The bandit was sold 'naked' here, but most had the dicky fairing as mine did.

Next on the list is getting a bit more power in that donk, although the jet kit and pipe made a massive difference to stock power. Maybe a turbo one day.

The bandit was sold 'naked' here, but most had the dicky fairing as mine did.

Next on the list is getting a bit more power in that donk, although the jet kit and pipe made a massive difference to stock power. Maybe a turbo one day.

Blog Entries
    QUOTE Next on the list is getting a bit more power in that donk, although the jet kit and pipe made a massive difference to stock power. Maybe a turbo one day.

Yes, thought my B12 was OK, but nothing special,
    Then Filter / Jet Kit / Loud Carbon can and came home with a BLOODY HUGE Ear to ear grin....
    2nd gear wheelies here, there, everywhere

Yes, I looked a Turbo's to but two things put me off,
    1..Seen lots of folk stressed with Mr Turbo kits big single carbs and the same with Blow-through systems. I know it can be done, but for a simple guy like me, its going to be injection when i go Turbo.
    2..NOS is sooo simple and cheap. 40 to 60hp for a day in the garage, turn it off and run a stock motor, turn it on Whooooosh. swop kit from bike to bike, upgrade kit to suit, B12 went fine with just a change of clutch springs. With the Gas and GSXR cams / carbs / Can etc made it made 168rwhp with stock pistons and fingers crossed !(Did seem to be forever running out of gas though) 2.5lb is as big a bottle as I wanted to run. Sure most of you guys would laugh at those numbers but I fitted everything on my own and it stayed together, thats a result for me

Having said that, I have never owned a Turbo and a local guy, Shane, has the Turbo Busa in the June/July RAPID magazine and im very impressed.
    Once I recover from the recent spending spree,
    I could be tempted.

Turbo Busa, NOS Busa or B-King ?

Tony.

Blog Entries
    QUOTE Next on the list is getting a bit more power in that donk, although the jet kit and pipe made a massive difference to stock power. Maybe a turbo one day.

Yes, thought my B12 was OK, but nothing special,
    Then Filter / Jet Kit / Loud Carbon can and came home with a BLOODY HUGE Ear to ear grin....
    2nd gear wheelies here, there, everywhere

Yes, I looked a Turbo's to but two things put me off,
    1..Seen lots of folk stressed with Mr Turbo kits big single carbs and the same with Blow-through systems. I know it can be done, but for a simple guy like me, its going to be injection when i go Turbo.
    2..NOS is sooo simple and cheap. 40 to 60hp for a day in the garage, turn it off and run a stock motor, turn it on Whooooosh. swop kit from bike to bike, upgrade kit to suit, B12 went fine with just a change of clutch springs. With the Gas and GSXR cams / carbs / Can etc made it made 168rwhp with stock pistons and fingers crossed !(Did seem to be forever running out of gas though) 2.5lb is as big a bottle as I wanted to run. Sure most of you guys would laugh at those numbers but I fitted everything on my own and it stayed together, thats a result for me

Having said that, I have never owned a Turbo and a local guy, Shane, has the Turbo Busa in the June/July RAPID magazine and im very impressed.
    Once I recover from the recent spending spree,
    I could be tempted.

Turbo Busa, NOS Busa or B-King ?

Tony.

Blog Entries
    Dear Mr Speeddemon,

Just looking at your pic's again,
    Mmmmm.....Bandit.....[8D]

Are the USD forks shorter than standard B12 forks,
    I know the 11's are the longest of the USD's.
    Did you get them lengthend ? or use a stepped top yolk ?
    If not, how did you get on with stability / clearance ?
    I would be interested to know
    Thanks,

Tony.

Blog Entries
    Dear Mr Speeddemon,

Just looking at your pic's again,
    Mmmmm.....Bandit.....[8D]

Are the USD forks shorter than standard B12 forks,
    I know the 11's are the longest of the USD's.
    Did you get them lengthend ? or use a stepped top yolk ?
    If not, how did you get on with stability / clearance ?
    I would be interested to know
    Thanks,

Tony.

Thankyou Mr Nitrous

Are the USD forks shorter than standard B12 forks - only by a bit (about 1.5 cm was my guess - I measured the USD at 76cm from centre of axle to top. Not sure what the stock bandits were.

Did you get them lengthend? (no stock length) or use a stepped top yolk (No donot need -only on a new gsxr or similar you would need. I just got my steerer pressed out and slightly enlarged the GSR Yoke to press back in.)

If not, how did you get on with stability / clearance - (This is interesting as I have heaps of clearance. Stability is a bit nervous but that is mainly because the Ohlins rear shock is about 307mm long instead of the stock 298-300mm. Through the linkage that lifts the rear up heaps. Would have to say that the stock shock length with the slightly shorter forks would be perfect balance).

Thankyou Mr Nitrous

Are the USD forks shorter than standard B12 forks - only by a bit (about 1.5 cm was my guess - I measured the USD at 76cm from centre of axle to top. Not sure what the stock bandits were.

Did you get them lengthend? (no stock length) or use a stepped top yolk (No donot need -only on a new gsxr or similar you would need. I just got my steerer pressed out and slightly enlarged the GSR Yoke to press back in.)

If not, how did you get on with stability / clearance - (This is interesting as I have heaps of clearance. Stability is a bit nervous but that is mainly because the Ohlins rear shock is about 307mm long instead of the stock 298-300mm. Through the linkage that lifts the rear up heaps. Would have to say that the stock shock length with the slightly shorter forks would be perfect balance).

By the way NOS fines are expensive in NSW so I wouldnt go there. I reckon the problem with Mr Turbo is that the turbo is to big. Need to run a small turbo, moderate bost so that you get heaps of grunt down low and in mid range - Not this turbo lag big boost massive top end shit.

By the way NOS fines are expensive in NSW so I wouldnt go there. I reckon the problem with Mr Turbo is that the turbo is to big. Need to run a small turbo, moderate bost so that you get heaps of grunt down low and in mid range - Not this turbo lag big boost massive top end shit.

Blog Entries
    Good info,

Thanks,

Tony.

Blog Entries
    Good info,

Thanks,

Tony.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Nice b12 mate, looking good with usd's on [:0]

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    YAY Another Bandit!

We are taking control!

Slowly though! - picture doesnt do it any credit. Will have to post new ones when I get the 996 rear end on.

Bandit will be goin in for a nip un tuck mid Feb.

Get that Duc 996 subframe on, sargent seat and off with the heavy piece of poo.