Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Damos "Fire breathing" blade old thread revisited

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace

Damos "Fire breathing" blade old thread revisited

I was looking for some old pics and thought some of the newbies may want to see this thread.

It brought back some memories for me, Fuck i miss this bike.

Heres some more pics of my blade boys and girls.
    i included some shots of the pipe i did going through the swing arm and the pipe work under the seat and sub frame.

noice bike!!

i like the look of the blades in fighter form. much better then any yammy ive seen.

bloody tight fit with that exhaust there

good job

cheers.joe.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    I've seen this bike zapping through Brookadavale (it's at the bottom of daBeacondahill)...I like it!It sounds really tuff too with that pipe.
    Is that subframe as it came from the factory and what is the seat unit from?I like the shape but it's a bit long for mine.Cool bike though.

lookin good damo.rear hugger could go missin tho.neary due for some new tyres mate.go see Geoff for a bargain on Avon's.but be careful,the rubber is so fresh its still warm. no theyre not stolen!

YEAH THE SUB FRAME IS STNDERD BUT I RUN NO REAR INNER GUARD AND HAD TO MOVE ALL ELECTRICS AS EXPLAINED BEFORE.
    THE SEAT IS A 99 BLADE RACE PIECE.
    DAVO THE REAR HUGGER IS THERE FOR ONE REASON APPARIENTLY BLADES FUCK REAR SHOCKS FROM ALL THE SHIT OFF THE REAR TYRE SO THERE A MUST.
    THATS WHAT IVE BEEN TOLD ANY WAY.
    TYRES FROM GEOFF AH ILL DO THAT CHEERS.

CRAZYMOFO WHERE YOU AT?
    ID LOVE TO HAVE A LOOK AT YOUR BIKE LOOKS LIKE A VERY SPECIAL BUILD YOUR DOIN.

Blog Entries
    Who told you that about the rear hugger mate? Why would a blade be any different from any other bike as far as messing up the shocky is concerned? I pissed mine off on my blade and had no problem. If you are worried just make a Ducati style shock cover that actually sits at the front of the swing arm and sticks up like a shield. It will just look like a fin and show that back wheel off instead of having it covered like it is now and fatting the back up too much. Either way, you've still done a nice job there mate.

Cheers gix i dont remember who told me or how the subject even came up about the shock.
    id always tought it was abit od but i suppose it seamed vailid at the time.
    ive actually been thinkn of cutting down it down and reshapping it to a tougher lookin shape.
    Or should i ditch it, votes please.

damo im on the gold coast.

i have a thread running in the "your ride" section theres some pics there.

as with the hugger..
    my vote would be for the re-shaping

cheers.joe.

Blog Entries
    You can be safe or just say fuck it. Guess what my choice was. I haven't had one on since 98 on my Gixer and it's been in all weathers. Bollox to it. Something like this would do the trick if you wanna be safe:

Yeah your probly wright gix dont know why i bothered listening to the guy but it was the first time id had any thing to do with blades and thought he knew what he was talkn about.
    But ill probly cut it down as i like the carbon goes with the 996 front guard.
    Ah Davo thanks for the tip on tyres but Geoff said he cant get them any more something to do with the supplier.
    Is there a group getting organized from Sydney to ride up to Macks in April?I did ask before but the thread i used went AWAL so i didnt hear.

the Sydney boys are meeting up with the Newcastle members on the way up mate.i guess the Victorians and Sth Aus members will do the same.no arrangements about where have been made yet but it will probly be at the end of the Freeway(BP servo or sumthin) to keep it simple for all.Watch the topic "April Fools Run #2" for updated info mate.
    soory about the dodgy info on tyres mate,i wasnt aware that he'd stopped dealing with the importer.If its any help the importer is Kenmar Imports at brookvale i think.Give em a ring and say your Damo from "Damo's motorcycle world",quote a dodgey ABN number and they'll sell you anything.

HAHAHAHA ive tried pullin it on them years ago and got nothin but may try again.
    Im actually in the early stages of orgaizin a 17" front wheel for the blade so ill hag off till then.
    Cheers anyway.
    Good to hear about the ride to should be sweet.

Weekend Warrior
    hey Damo, I'm bout to get myself a blade too and fighter it. Just keen so see how you went with fitting up the original clocks? I'm just not sure how to fit the big chunky bastards in until i get myself a little set.

Looks good anyways, are you planning on doing much else to it?

Weekend Warrior

I would cut the hugger down as it will still protect the shock. if the hugger is extended down like i did with this one it will really protect the linkages at the bottom as well. Not sure about you guys but here in Scotland you would not want to be without a hugger, but the ones over the counter always look shite(at least for the 9r's).
    I was thinking of finishing the bottom with some polished alu sheet about .5-1mm.

Weekend Warrior
    Another thing....I once read in a mag that ex pipes that run close to the shock can heat up the dampening oil causing shock performance to change. Any truth in that?? I have my doubts about this while the bike is moving (air cooling) but could be right if the bike is left ticking over for some time. What you think?
    Blades DO seem to look good fightered

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast