PDA

View Full Version : Welders ?

Docktor
12-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Hey Shaggers. I have to replace a part of an A pillar on a capri. The engineer wants a weld completion certificate or some thing like that. Does anyone know or is anyone a qualified welder ?. Maybe latheboy ?

I am happy and confident I can do the job, its just a bit of a pillar for fucks sake. BUT the engineer is the boss i guess. Can anyone point me in the general direction ?

Cheers
Doc

JackTar
12-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Ivan, Booster or Deano would be your best bets down there mate.

Booster
12-04-2010, 08:36 PM
No formal qualifications here, Ivan ??

Redmohawk
12-04-2010, 08:41 PM
I know a bloke lives in wang qualified sheet mettal and welder certified i think i'll chase him up for you if you like

Deano
12-04-2010, 08:41 PM
sorry mate i cant weld for shit;)

Docktor
12-04-2010, 08:59 PM
I know you all can weld, i have seen most of you blokes work. Hell I can swing a mig ok too. (dont ask me to tig tho). Its pretty straightforward but this engineer went to uni for years to piss blokes like me off so I gotta play his game. Seems we are all missing the paper.......... Still waiting on Ivan i guess but then I'm screwed. I know andy goodall but dont really wanna pester him as he has hooked me up in the past on "special" jobs.

Adam, If you would like to talk to the man in question that would be appreciated. I am calling everyone i know i have seen swing a welder and no one has the ticket.....

So booster = i still got that dump pipe u made me mate. Its a beauty. :). Oh i still have that gas analyser if u want it. Last time i offered it u said u didnt need it coz u didnt have a dyno.................

Deano = cant weld for shit....................

Ivan = .................. ? ? ?

latheboy
12-04-2010, 09:38 PM
I cant cause i don't have a welding ticket, why did you tell the engineer?
Should have just fixed it and never said anything.... Or go to another engineer
Do you really need a report??? if not just weld her up and say someone with a ticket did it....

A good mate of mine is a boiler maker, he lives is nazza wazza.... He is good fuckun.... Ill call him tomorrow.

latheboy
12-04-2010, 09:44 PM
What about Gibbo? I hear he can even use rattle cans like a pro

Docktor
12-04-2010, 09:45 PM
the injun ear came out for first inspection and spent an hour sniffin round this body. I think he had a part time job as a gyno. He was all over it for a hour, inside outside, under on..... everywhere. we stripped the body down as he requested, left guards on coz they are like stupid ranas and welded on. He poked and pushed, got up n said that guard has to come off and I want photos of repair.... I said cool, can do, he sends me the 2nd report today and in it he says i quote " to substantiate that the work
conducted has been done by a qualified source or organization, i.e. welding
certificates, professional
accreditations, statutory declarations, etc"

I have asked him to qualify what he wants exactly but need to move for worst case scenario.

LB. If ya mate from the land of naz is crash into creek fuckin good. By all means have a talk if u dont mind....
Farming this out I can see 1000 bucks and not gunna do that. its just a capri. lol

Docktor
12-04-2010, 09:48 PM
yeah, they call him the man with the spray can, I seem to recall him hackin the roof off a chariot and lowering it 43 inches til it used 10MPG just sittin there lookin cool.......

RevHead
13-04-2010, 07:39 AM
what the engineer wants is a another person to blame if you tear your car in half, thats how most of em work ,i stuck a 351 clevo in an ea,and got this engineer up here to pass it he said cops hate him,cause he passes anything,

latheboy
13-04-2010, 09:06 AM
Pm sent Doc,
Can you wack up a picture of the area that needs to be repaired?
Just out of interest, has it had a big hit there?

Docktor
13-04-2010, 10:50 AM
Mah , Its just rust repair is all. . Will grab a coupla pics n let ya see.

336LJ
13-04-2010, 01:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by Docktor

yeah, they call him the man with the spray can, I seem to recall him hackin the roof off a chariot and lowering it 43 inches til it used 10MPG just sittin there lookin cool.......

ahahah thats rad. did it impregnate women via drive by tho

pappas
13-04-2010, 03:08 PM
The engineer should be able to inspect the weld and tell you if the weld is up to scratch, that's what he gets paid for! If he can't do that he's a retard!

Docktor
13-04-2010, 03:48 PM
In his words " to substantiate that the work
conducted has been done by a qualified source or organization, i.e. welding
certificates, professional
accreditations, statutory declarations, etc"

I emailed him and asked if i write a stat dec that says i dun the welds rooly gud , is that ok by him.

Witin for a reply.
How does everyone get on with subframe changes ??

Redmohawk
13-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Fuck I did a convertable celica with less hassles than this wanka wants lol

Gsxar
13-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Sorted ;)

Docktor
14-04-2010, 12:33 AM
See ? . blokes balls around, give it to someone with nungas and its done . . . :)

The above view is not necessasarly the view of the poster........ lookit that necessessary .. Im figurin thats wrong in some way.

Sandshoes hairy crutchly jojo.

kevkatana
14-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Only just saw this post. A mate around the corner from me has his own engineering business. Welding teacher by trade. To late now though

Docktor
14-04-2010, 04:21 PM
Lets hope so Kev. Its already fixed................. soooo. . . .