PDA

View Full Version : AFR10....

336LJ
07-04-2010, 12:22 AM
.. where the fuck are all the pics n vids ya slack arses..? ;)
[}:)]

JackTar
07-04-2010, 01:28 AM
Um....

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19240

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19218

336LJ
07-04-2010, 04:44 AM
aha - you know im too lazy and never would have looked in those areas!
cheers lol

Jup
07-04-2010, 01:34 PM
Too lazy to click "active topics" and notice all the threads with AFR in the title?

Gix11
07-04-2010, 02:07 PM
You'd be amazed at how many poeple don't click the active topics link mate.....

Cruisecontrol
07-04-2010, 02:17 PM
There is an active topics feature?

I just look for the purple folders.

336LJ
07-04-2010, 02:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

same here.
and I never would have looked for an event in "streetfighters talk" ... I figured that would be about pics and talk of bikes specifically ( I scroll right past it and straight to the terrorist free zone every day out of habit)
I was sure this was where all the random or pre meditated nonsense and questionable shenannigans took place.. and the evidence would be posted up for all to see

latheboy
07-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Stuff the Active topics .... There was an AFR 2010? :D;)

sharky
07-04-2010, 05:17 PM
quote:Stuff the Active topics .... There was an AFR 2010?
Was there ?? I thought it was a ute muster.

Cruisecontrol
07-04-2010, 05:36 PM
So drop the ampersand and it was a BS Ball?

336LJ
07-04-2010, 10:12 PM
your sig - makes me go O_o!

DiscoDan
08-04-2010, 08:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

Likewise, I guess you learn something new every day

What classifies an 'active topic'? is it just a view of the purple folders (which would be great) or does it use a different criteria (activity in last 24 hrs or similar)

cheers
d

Hillsy
08-04-2010, 10:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by DiscoDan

What classifies an 'active topic'? is it just a view of the purple folders (which would be great) or does it use a different criteria (activity in last 24 hrs or similar)

It's the posts since you last logged in. Or you have a drop down box up top to choose an earlier time if you wish (12 hours ago, yesterday, last 2 days, etc)

Gix11
08-04-2010, 01:36 PM
What Hillsy said. Here's the actual description as listed in the FAQ link at the top also:

"Active Topics are tracked by cookies. When you click on the "active topics" link, a page is generated listing all topics that have been posted since your last visit to these forums (or approximately 20 minutes)."

It's basically all I use. You see every post since you last visited that has changed or is new and if for some reason you walk away from the computer for 20 minutes and it resets, you just use the drop down menu to select when you remember last signing in.

The purple folders are also a way of finding the new posts as they mark what is new since you last logged in, but, to do that, you need to go through every section, whereas the "Active Topics" link ONLY shows new posts and nothing else.

Jockney Rebel
08-04-2010, 02:10 PM
ive always used that ...so there

Hillsy
08-04-2010, 02:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

What Hillsy said. Here's the actual description as listed in the FAQ link at the top also:

"Active Topics are tracked by cookies. When you click on the "active topics" link, a page is generated listing all topics that have been posted since your last visit to these forums (or approximately 20 minutes)."

It's basically all I use. You see every post since you last visited that has changed or is new and if for some reason you walk away from the computer for 20 minutes and it resets, you just use the drop down menu to select when you remember last signing in.

The purple folders are also a way of finding the new posts as they mark what is new since you last logged in, but, to do that, you need to go through every section, whereas the "Active Topics" link ONLY shows new posts and nothing else.

Si - have you had any problems seeing active topics posts from the members areas? I use the active topics button all the time as well, but I've missed some posts in the past and I think it might have something to do with the active topics search not showing posts where you have to enter a password?

Gix11
08-04-2010, 04:33 PM
That's the problem. As administrator I see everything all the time so I don't know when people have problems like that unless something is said to me. I think Sharky mentioned that a while ago. I'll look into it.

sharky
08-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Yeah its competitions that don't show up as active topics 'cos you have to log in a password.

El_Hefty
08-04-2010, 07:07 PM
same here for members areas especially the full members rides , suzuki, kawasaki .... and so on as well as the competition area.

bluemk1
09-04-2010, 12:36 AM
i have had the same issues with the members section.
though sometimes they come up and sometimes they dont?