PDA

View Full Version : Where do carb breather hoses run?

ACTAngler
06-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Stupidly forgot to take a picture before taking the carbs off my GSXR1100 to clean them out. I can't for the life of me rememeber where the 2 breather hoses from the carbs were routed. Haynes manual doesn't really help either. Any ideas please?

Also, there's a hose fitting coming off the bottom rear of the fuel tank. I assume that is just an overflow? There wasn't a hose attached to it when I pulled the tank off either. I'm guessing there should be a hose attached that just runs straight down and vents below the swingarm pivot or something?

Thanks in advance, hope it's not too obvious that I am an accountant... [:I]

Hillsy
06-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Breather hoses can be routed anywhere really - just make sure you don't block them off, join them together or route them into the airbox. Best option is straight down and between the swingarm and gearbox.

The fitting off the tank will be the drain for water in the fuel cap cavity. Route this in the same area as the carb breathers.

I don't know of any accountants that ride GSXR's, so you must be alright ;)

RevHead
06-04-2010, 07:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by ACTAngler

Stupidly forgot to take a picture before taking the carbs off my GSXR1100 to clean them out. I can't for the life of me rememeber where the 2 breather hoses from the carbs were routed. Haynes manual doesn't really help either. Any ideas please?

Also, there's a hose fitting coming off the bottom rear of the fuel tank. I assume that is just an overflow? There wasn't a hose attached to it when I pulled the tank off either. I'm guessing there should be a hose attached that just runs straight down and vents below the swingarm pivot or something?[8D]parcel in the mail dude cheers pete

ads
24-04-2010, 04:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by ACTAngler

Also, there's a hose fitting coming off the bottom rear of the fuel tank. I assume that is just an overflow? There wasn't a hose attached to it when I pulled the tank off either. I'm guessing there should be a hose attached that just runs straight down and vents below the swingarm pivot or something?

The carby vent hoses route between the top af the air box and the frame cross member. If you look at the top of the airbox there is a little recess in the moulding.
The overflow hoses are all tied together just inside the frame near the side stand.
I have a manual here somewhere I could dig up and scan a few pages for you if you want. That from memory has all the hose routing diagrams in it.