PDA

View Full Version : GSXR1100 turbo

maximus
01-04-2010, 06:20 PM
hey fellas, probably wont get too much response as you are all getting ready to set off for AFR BUT,
I need info on turboing a 1127 gixxer motor. Ive done searches and researched the forums but cant find any specific inf on this bike. WTF you may say but i guess what im looking for is a little help maybe from someone who has already completed this process, on this bike. I want to run stock motor with approx. 6-8 lb boost, no intercooler, bov, scavenger pump. I want to try and get away with approx. $1000-$1200 complete. I am looking at manuf the header pipes and plennum myself (from stainless) and maybe running the turbo thru 40mm cv carbs that i have.
I spoke to Ozkat a while back and it all seemed possible for that sort of money? maybe some one has parts floating around that they can offload?
Anyway thanks for any advice you can give. Oh and have a great time at AFR!!!
mark
ps is ozkat still with us?

RED ZX
01-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Best advice I an give you is check out oldskoolsuzuki.info

zzthose guys have made plenty of cheap oil boiler turbo bikes.

You will need a suitable fuel pressure regulator and a low pressure fuel pump too.

Large
01-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Deano and Rocket have both built turbo gixxers. Maybe pm them or search for their threads.

Don't expect an answer straight away as I think they're going away this weekend...

Redmohawk
09-04-2010, 09:47 AM
If your not using an intercooler draw through will save you some greef, blow through CV's is more trouble. Just make sure you but a burst disk into the outlet pipe of the turbo, coke can ally sandwiched between outlet pipe with hole in it and next size up pipe in stainless looks cool and everyone ask's "Whats that for"

A mate did a go-cart with yam 1100 turbo years ago along similar lines, cash was tight back yard job but it ran/looked good. Used a single carb off a car from memory. Suck through plentum about twice engine capacity , had a few nasty backfires while sorting tune out and kept making a big mess of manifold and carb, so put in burst disk. Was easy to just cut up a coke can when it when bang and fix it anywhere, once sorted it didn't go bang to often though .

Rocket
10-04-2010, 12:53 AM
PM sent Maximus.