PDA

View Full Version : FZX/FZR 250 engine

nelpd96
29-03-2010, 06:54 AM
Hey guys, had a shit day yesterday with the shed not having all the bits and the rideon shitting itself so I thought that I would take the missus little 250 for a rap to clear my head and blow the cobwebs out cause it hasn't been ridden since we found out she was up the duff. Long story short, reving it out on the way home and the thing throws a leg out of bed. I havn't pulled the motor down yet but my money is on number 2 bigend letting go. It punch a hole in the crank case and pissed oil everywhere. So if anyone knows where I can source a replacement engine on the cheap or even one with a intact bottom end that would be great.

Cheers
Paul

Mishdog20
29-03-2010, 03:53 PM
That sucks heaps paul, lil shit of a thing. If ya do manage to track down a spare motor, and you are looking to flog off a few spare parts, i.e the carbs, let me know as im needin a few bits for my little Fzr 250.

wackyrider
29-03-2010, 11:07 PM
hehe. that makes 3 of us then. Looking for a few parts of an FZR 250 as well. Mainly seats, sprockets and brake switch

JackTar
30-03-2010, 07:58 AM
Lucky you didn't end up over the hangies mate, good to still have you here.

nelpd96
30-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Too easy guys, the bike is actually a FZX so not too sure if the motor is different or just the frame and fairings. Given that it was only a 3 grand bike to start with it probably isn't worth the hassle of fixing it but I will pull it down and have a look. Might chuck some photos up of the damage :P