EXBEN
22-01-2007, 12:15 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/524148862238540.jpg

EXBEN
22-01-2007, 12:17 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/524148862233763.jpg

WATEVR
22-01-2007, 12:28 PM
[:0][:0][:p][:p][:p][:p]that is horn and one of the best fighters that has graced our electronic pages[:p]

barknmad
22-01-2007, 12:44 PM
Ooooooh, very nice!
Well done, nice touches there. 8^0

TurboKat
22-01-2007, 12:47 PM
Nice work Ben, once again you've succeeded in making the rest of us look very fucking ordinary. :D
Ok, I'll be the first one to say it.......... you forgot to paint it [:o)]
Does anyone know how to get cum stains off a monitor?

dazz
22-01-2007, 01:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by turbokat

Nice work Ben, once again you've succeeded in making the rest of us look very fucking ordinary. :D
Ok, I'll be the first one to say it.......... you forgot to paint it [:o)]
Does anyone know how to get cum stains off a monitor?
chux super wipes.............oops I meen,I'm not sure[V]

BOHEMION
22-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Awesome WORK!!! thats looks superb! Diggin the levers, clutch cover and the swing arm !

Smokey74
22-01-2007, 03:15 PM
Excellent job..

gibbo
22-01-2007, 03:36 PM
That looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!![:p][:p][:p]
Although I aqgree with Turbo, in the pics it looks like Dulux grey primer, what colour is it?

Kamakazebusa
22-01-2007, 03:45 PM
AWESOME ben, that looks the business. whens ur Tiller gonna be done....(sorry...i should talk ) That finish is nice, matt Gry with the red looks hot.

fimpBIKES
22-01-2007, 03:49 PM
oh WOOOOW!!!!!

thats in-fuckin-sane!

lets have a full spec-list
im particularly interested in how well the rad works and what it is from

and those headers mate!!!
hook me up with a price to convert my yoshi headers and supertrapp cans into something that resembles that!

fuck me thats nice

especially like the red details, stickers, lines, anno bits
very tidy [:X]

Large
22-01-2007, 03:49 PM
Fucking beautiful Ben

Has Frankie seen it yet?

Tone
22-01-2007, 04:01 PM
I think Frankie will be well proud of his bike.

Saw it and heard it in the flesh on Saturday...really impressive piece of kit.Ben has done a superb job on this bike. The colour actually looks great in daylight...sort of metallic,I like it myself.Those Beringer levers are really eye-catching bits of gear too!And the rear sets,did you make them Ben?

It's a little embarrassing going to Extreme Creations with my ropey old shit box when he's turning out this stuff but he still helped me out with advice.

fimpBIKES
22-01-2007, 04:17 PM
http://www.svdownunder.com/forums/index.php?topic=11148.0 :D

Iceman
22-01-2007, 04:30 PM
That's pretty trick. Great work Ben.

Fuck I hate being broke:(

strawb09
22-01-2007, 04:50 PM
ssswwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!! luv ya work!

Gix11
22-01-2007, 07:36 PM
I've been hanging to see this one finished for ages. Frankie already told me what colour it was going and I reckon it will look sweet in the daylight, although I would have gone the front guard as well. Why did you leave that? Fucking amazing looking bike! The detail in the parts just from these photos is awesome - look at the twin low slung pipes, the switchgear, those triples, buzzsaws and those bloody wheels! Frankie - When do we get to see it mate? Ben, you've done it again mate. MDM, what you waiting for?

crazymofo
22-01-2007, 08:21 PM
fucking A!!

thats just fucking awesome work guys

can i have it? :P lol

cheers.joe.

DaveK5
22-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Mmmm Spondon Spoonta....Beautiful work Ben...the tail is a poofteenth too high but hey it's a spondon frame so thats the way.
The pipes are perfect...take out the baffles and let em roar.

fimp some of your mates on svdownunder are a bit sad...come on if you don't like that bike you have problems.

EXBEN have you emailed Jeff yet I see another fine article comin your way.

Frankie
22-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Thanks Lads, Ben!

After I started off with the ruff jobs (Rolling Chassis incl. engine and subframe ),
Ben did an excellent job to build the bike the way it is.

I got butterflies in my stomac after I counted all bills. But, I read somewhere:
"One does not need to be rich to build a Spondon- Just desperate (or stupid) enough to own one."

By the way, this bike is not more expencive than one of this spoofy Italian Bikes or these Redneck Custom HD's....
And it is exactly the way I want a bike.

Gix,
The front Mudgard!? I dunno, I reckon it's alright.
When you going to see it? I dunno, just come over for a cuppa, mate!

fimp,
That "all I see is a garage princess" comment is a cracker!!!! [:o)]
Fuck, this bike has been build to be ridden hard and is no show room/ cafe racer.
Do these boys from the SV Forum know what Streetfighting is?

The "ordinary" paint job seems to get more attention than one of these airbrushed jobs
:D

" And the rear sets, did you make them Ben?" They are from Spondon.

As we speak, the bike is on a truck to Perth. So, I haven't seen it myself in the flesh yet....

"Does anyone know how to get cum stains off a monitor?"
That's funny- me missus just asked me the same. And than she said something about beeing a sick man and needing help... [B)]

Nah, she's been supportiv, all the way - what a woman!
And she even likes the bike that much, seat hight, wheight and size of the bike etc, that she claimed rides on it already!

alfiestorm
22-01-2007, 09:11 PM
Come on then frighten us how much did it cost ya all in. Oh and well done to you and ben nice job and well done

fimpBIKES
22-01-2007, 09:26 PM
it really is nice
ignore the SV guys, most of them are probably not even aware of "spondon" :D

give us a pic of u railing it around a corner and doing a burnout to put em in their place!!!!

hahaha- im winning my poll! funny shit [:P]

Fiend
22-01-2007, 09:56 PM
Great looking bike. Saw it at Ben's a while back and it looks better again close up. Great work Ben and Great Bike Frankie...

Can't wait to hear ride impressions.[}:)]

22-01-2007, 10:06 PM
apparently constructive critisizm makes a better fighter builder...EEER its got a butt plug exhaust,the front gaurd is still black,I've seen electricity transformer box's with better colour scheme's(faded green),only poofters have stickers(they are like fairings),fuckin headlight looks cross-eyed,shitty matt finish paint eliminates the quality finish of the frame,tail unit does not meet tank(seat has been bodged up to fill the gaps),lower tank lines do not flow with frame,Shit i could go on for hours.At the end of the day,its just another product from Extreme Creations. Built by a genius to a customers budget.
Ben,...time to take your talents to the top.Concentrate on buildin 2 or 3 bikes a year,and train people to do the same,Just remember,when the time comes,your business is worthless unless you have trained another to be capable of taking over.
anyhow,i rekon thats about my $3.76 worth for now.As always, im also open to constructive critisism,so fire away,but i still rekon im on the money with my comments.

cheers
Davo

veetwo tls
22-01-2007, 10:39 PM
well done frankie very trick

EXBEN
22-01-2007, 10:54 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/524149485278790.jpg

There you go Davo How's that? Have I missed anything?:D

Frankie
22-01-2007, 11:15 PM
:):):):D

Slingblade
22-01-2007, 11:28 PM
Congrats Frankie, fantastic result. I was lucky enough to have Ben give me a bit of a look over it during the build and it was amazing to see the high quality components you chose mate. You didnt cut any corners and it shows in the end result. The paint choice is inspired. It keeps the frame and build quality in the limelight.

Ben what can i say mate, GENIUS, you keep churning out the best fighters on the planet, bar none. Keep doing what you are doing mate and the rewards will come. The word is spreading..........
If anyone wants to see innovative engineering have a good look at the sidestand. Spondon hadnt even thought of it.

22-01-2007, 11:30 PM
[:0]

TurboKat
23-01-2007, 09:17 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, :D:D:D:D
Get back in your now box Davo [B)][B)]

sprbeast
23-01-2007, 11:23 AM
SAWEEEEEEEEEET! lets see some closer shots!hows that exhaust workin out. and as fimp said a full spec sheet please yes yes!

Scrapyard
23-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Holy... UUUHHHHHH!!! Oh, sorry. I gota change my shorts....

That is gorgous. You have effectivly built my dream bike. Well done bud. Looks amazing. Top work.

Gix11
23-01-2007, 04:17 PM
Hey, Frankie / Ben, get me a paragraph of spec write up. That bad boy is going in the Gallery as soon as you send it.

dane_ra
23-01-2007, 08:37 PM
Mmmm, uh huh, spot on Ben, that f%*ken awesome.

Frankie
23-01-2007, 10:16 PM
OK Gix, I'll get a start on it...

hamo
25-01-2007, 10:04 PM
WOW Frankie/Ben that is the POO! Ben you've outdone urself again.......
BTW Ben, i'm still dirty i missed out on the Bitza...let me know when you sell the next discard!hahahahaha

Tone
09-02-2007, 04:32 AM
Has your bike reached you yet Frankie?
Wondering if you've been riding it and what's the verdict.

Frankie
09-02-2007, 08:03 AM
G'Day Tone,

Yep, I have ridden it to the engineer who passed the bike for the road registration. One of his official comments on the report "the motorcycle has been built in exceptional good quality".

The engine needs a tune. But, the handling is nimble and precise, without even touching the suspension settings, yet.

The handling reminds me on Ducati's 996... not quite as radical as the Aprilia Tuono.

And the brake gives you a very good feel for the pressure applied.

The seating positions is comfortable, yet, with enough weight and feel for the front end.

The chassis has definitely met my expectations.

After all, I reckon it was worth the while.
In my humble opinion, a true competitor to Ducati's and Aprilia's- Something like this, is what Suzuki should have build 10 Years ago...
fair dinkum mate! :D

Tone
09-02-2007, 03:03 PM
COOL...!If the big 4 built them though, I reckon we'd still want more.

Gix11
09-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Show us some photos in it's new home or out on the streets mate. By the way, how do you fancy a feature in Streetfighters mag? Email me.

Frankie
10-02-2007, 09:21 AM
Gix,
you have mail.

HueyonaBlade
22-02-2007, 03:04 PM
Frankie love the cover shot of RAPID this month ,looks sweet
definately something for the rest of us to aim for

WATEVR
22-02-2007, 03:13 PM
congrates frankiw and ben for making the Rapid cover well deserved as it is one of the nicest going around. well done lads

fimpBIKES
22-02-2007, 04:35 PM
great write up mate!!!!

couple of typo's though... {:D]

Large
22-02-2007, 05:58 PM
What's the bit about taking it back to Chermany?

You going home with a few kilos of gold Frankie?:)

Gix11
22-02-2007, 08:52 PM
I'll let Frankie tell you about that.

I have a question for Ben though.
Mate, that stand looks trick but how do you work it with one foot? Surely you don't have to bend down and get groovy with it with your hand? or do you? Or do you do it while your off the bike and then throw your leg over? Got me confused from the photo as I can see a hand doing it.

EXBEN
22-02-2007, 09:06 PM
quote:I have a question for Ben though.
Mate, that stand looks trick but how do you work it with one foot? Surely you don't have to bend down and get groovy with it with your hand? or do you? Or do you do it while your off the bike and then throw your leg over? Got me confused from the photo as I can see a hand doing it.

It can be put up with your foot ( cause it's spring loaded) but you gotta pull it out by hand, it's actually not to bad. It's a small price to pay.;)

Gix11
22-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Majorly smart thinking on your part mate. I like it a lot. Had you seen it somewhere before or is that a Ben original?

EXBEN
22-02-2007, 09:14 PM
All my own:D

Frankie
23-02-2007, 07:26 AM
Yeah Large, my aim is to go back home... and take the Spondon with me, offcourse!

Or, do you want to buy it? ;)

I am still in Aus and things are moving slow for my move back. At this point in time I can't tell when this is going to happen- April? I've scored a good job over there, but I don't know whether it all will work out.

Currently, I am still in the process of getting the bike registered, including yellow side reflectors and all!

Again, I am in the bush earning a crust, I'll be back in town next Friday. Than, I will get hold of a copy from Rapid...
(Maybe Ben will find a minute to scan them in- Hey Ben?!)

The idea for the stand is really good, but something I have to get used to- pulling the old rod in and out all the time [:p]

EXBEN
23-02-2007, 09:26 AM
Here you go Frankie, Came up nice hey.[8D][:p]
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/713580574357238.jpg

Frankie
23-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Ben, thanks mate!

Yep, came up nicely [^]

zx12argh
23-02-2007, 01:15 PM
Superb mate - well done. Looking for an apprentince this year? I'm graduating from Mechanical Engineering with honours this year... Pleeeeze? :D

HueyonaBlade
23-02-2007, 07:49 PM
How long before that ends up in a Photo frame Frankie?

Brownie
23-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Love it[:p],Well done, Now can I have it[^]