PDA

View Full Version : Longer Throttle Cables

Chase
19-03-2010, 06:28 PM
With the added height of my risers the push & pull cables are a bit snug. Anyone know where I can get a longer set made?

Jup
19-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Sorry mate, the only good place I know is in Vic. If you don't have any success finding a place close to you, you might be able to deal with them by phone/mail:

http://www.speedscreen.com.au/

I've always used them for my custom jobs, and they've always looked after me, in fact I've never heard a bad word said about them.

VFighteR
20-03-2010, 07:59 AM
you could send it to SPEEDSCREEN in Vic - They did a fantastic job with mine. Give them a call and ask. I gave them my OEM parts and they extended 100mm. Same day service, so all good

PH 03 9376 0714
www.speedscreen.com.au

Chase
20-03-2010, 03:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by Jup

Sorry mate, the only good place I know is in Vic. If you don't have any success finding a place close to you, you might be able to deal with them by phone/mail:

http://www.speedscreen.com.au/

I've always used them for my custom jobs, and they've always looked after me, in fact I've never heard a bad word said about them.

Might give em a call Monday - was hoping to get something more local to speed up the process, but if these guys do same day then that maybe cool, cheers.

VFighteR
21-03-2010, 11:01 AM
sorry Jup - I must have been blind when I relied to this post - Didnt realise you already suggested speedscreen :D

Jup
21-03-2010, 12:26 PM
All good Anton, it just gives more cred to them!

kevkatana
21-03-2010, 12:38 PM
Try Bandit 12 cables. That's what I used on my '91 GSXR 1100. Most manufacturers make "Factory Fighters" now and most times you can get away using oem stuff. Say for an R1 you might be able to use FZ1 stuff. Blade maybe use Hornet and so on.

eddahenry
21-03-2010, 11:04 PM
so will these guys be able to make a custom set with no cables
have swapd carbs on my RZ and need a 1 into 2 for the throtle and 1 into 2 for the choke

Jup
22-03-2010, 03:39 AM
Ring 'em and ask 'em eddahenry. Typically I've always supplied the old/faulty cable so they've been able to match the ends, increase the guage etc when requested.

TBH I don' know what they can/can't do, I only know their work is good.