PDA

View Full Version : How to stop people pulling out of AFR10

JackTar
18-03-2010, 06:52 PM
This is giving me the screaming fucking shits anyone got any suggestions?

Iceman
18-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Advertise it on Netrider, no-one will give a shit if they don't come.

EXBEN
18-03-2010, 07:09 PM
Change it to a weekend other than Easter....

Iceman
18-03-2010, 07:32 PM
I think the fact it is Easter weekend may have stopped some people from coming, we all understand that family commitments are more important than hanging out with mates.

I think what JackTar was getting at was the fact that there have been some members who have changed their mind and decided not to attend after originally saying they would.

kevkatana
18-03-2010, 08:19 PM
If I had "pulled out" I'd be there[:0]

JackTar
18-03-2010, 08:22 PM
That is exactly what I am talking about Clint, Ben I'm fine with the people who couldn't make it to start with even the people who cancelled before I made final bookings but mate I have had three today. I think that is a bit outragous given that I asked for final numbers a fair while ago and all the people that are on that list now gave a defenite yes.

JackTar
18-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Make that four today just got another one, fuck this shit.

watkins
18-03-2010, 08:25 PM
this kinda shit always turns around in the end tho, people originally coming end up bringing more than expected, people drop out, ect.

Seifer
18-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Find hotos of Jindy barmaids.. booyah.

JackTar
18-03-2010, 08:30 PM
watkins that would be all well and good if we were all sleeping on the dirt in our own sleeping bags but we aren't. It isn't a case of people just coming and going, I had to give final numbers to this mob ages ago and everyone knew that so it isn't a matter of people just rocking up this shit has to be organised I thought I had made this pretty clear from the start either I can't write or some fuckers can't read.

VFighteR
18-03-2010, 08:56 PM
I would have given my left nut to come ( nah not really, but you know what I mean) but I knew that if I couldn't commit, i wouldn't say I would. Poor form Mr Tar from the ppl who have shafted ya...Obviously, no regard for what it takes to organize something like this, not to mention the money you may loose!

sen
18-03-2010, 09:17 PM
I pulled out before the final booking mainly cos my bike is a piece of shit and keeps dying, so i'm not sure how well i'd do riding for 2 days.. and also cos work denied my leave application. I /might/ be able to fill in a spot of someones who's pulled out by calling in a sicky at work and using lots of cable ties on the bike, if there's any spots left that don't involve sleeping with another male.

El_Hefty
18-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Get off the fucking soapbox jacktar.

Yes im one of those 'fuckers' who today 'pulled out' why? well those are my reasons, but simply i cant make it.
Im still happy to pay if you cant fill my spot and told you so in the email today, so where the fuck in that equation is the problem?

You end up with an empty bed that has been paid for ....

JackTar
18-03-2010, 09:45 PM
I'll stay on the soapbox untill people stop pulling out, I couldn't give a fuck about the money it is the fuck around with back and forth emails from people, I might not be able to come, I might be able to come, my dog is sick, I will tell you later whether I can come or not. You're grown fucking men make a decision and stick to the fucking thing whatever that decision is.

You don't even know if it was five and I was leaving you out of it little large so how about you get off yours.

Gitzy
19-03-2010, 04:06 AM
I'd be there Jacktar :( but i'm poor and i dont think you like me, your always so grumpy ;), nah understandable mate, you've gone through some effort to organise this, a bit of a vent thread is always good for the ticker..

Large
19-03-2010, 07:55 AM
quote:Originally posted by JackTar

I'll stay on the soapbox untill people stop pulling out, I couldn't give a fuck about the money it is the fuck around with back and forth emails from people, I might not be able to come, I might be able to come, my dog is sick, I will tell you later whether I can come or not. You're grown fucking men make a decision and stick to the fucking thing whatever that decision is.

You don't even know if it was five and I was leaving you out of it little large so how about you get off yours.

Sorry blowie, but ll was relying on me to finish a bike for him so he could come to afr...but it turns out thay I dont work that fast

MuZ
19-03-2010, 08:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by Large

quote:Originally posted by JackTar

Sorry blowie, but ll was relying on me to finish a bike for him so he could come to afr...but it turns out thay I dont work that fast

iv'e had the same problem, turns out that when you comsume malted barley based beverages, bike building slows up dramaticly

sharky
19-03-2010, 08:44 AM
Only when you're drinking alone...get a crowd round and loads gets done.....
Only to be redone properly later...

336LJ
19-03-2010, 09:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by sharky

Only when you're drinking alone...get a crowd round and loads gets done.....
Only to be redone properly later...

I have nearly died in my younger bro's "fixed" cars on too many occasions - due to this kind of group activity ahaha.

chopiesel
19-03-2010, 11:41 AM
you should have told everyone that this years AFR is on the pill.

Jup
19-03-2010, 12:48 PM
From what I understand, it's the nature of event planning that a percentage of people who commit at first will later be unable (for whatever reason).

If you truly want an opinion? The only way to stop people pulling out at the last minute is to not organise anything. I can understand your being pissed off, that's natural, but it comes with the territory mate.

I wonder how many jumped in early thinking/expecting it to be a full blown event like last year?

JackTar
19-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Oops, looks like too many beers, a shit week and the stuff already mentioned makes blowie a cranky poster. Sorry to anyone I made cry but I'm sure you wil all get over it, I have already. LL I will give your money to Rcihard, I don't want it especially given that you were the only person willing to do the right thing. You're still a cunt though if you were wondering about that.

El_Hefty
19-03-2010, 03:27 PM
thats fine and your right also but thats means we would get along well, birds of a feather and all that shit;)

Seifer
19-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Can you get drunk again mate and add me to the paid list please.

Jup
19-03-2010, 05:10 PM
JackTar + LL: Get a room you two FFS!