PDA

View Full Version : Having a bitch! Sorry. Houses!!!

Petrol Spice
14-03-2010, 08:54 PM
How the FUCK! are you supposed to buy a house in Australia? The prices are going up and up and the quality of what's affordable is going down and down. I make better than average money and can't catch a brake. It's going to cost me $3000 a month over 30 years, provided I can somehow save the $50,000 deposit....

OK Bitch over. Sorry.

Tony Nitrous
14-03-2010, 09:07 PM
Only way i bought one is id owned for a few years in the UK.
God know's how 1st time buyers are expected to do it.
Im still stuggling with a mortgage.

We have just done 3 subdivision job's at work,
55, 90 and 72 house/land packages.
Prices between 500 and $750,000.
Little timber framed houses on tiny blocks and they all sell !

JackTar
14-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Because people pay the money and because the government won't release any land and when they do they release fuck all and it goes in a heart beat.

jakam04
14-03-2010, 09:33 PM
Im sick to fuckin death of hearing the catch cry "Interest rates are lower than ever before" etc... Interest rates are low... but prices are up so that takes the benefits out of low interest rates. I have resigned myself to the fact that My wife and I will NEVER own our own house. I did try last year... With four kids and 65K a year + family assistance (18000) we were only able to borrow 154K.... I cant even buy land for that

Its either going to be Lotto or never for me.

fimpBIKES
14-03-2010, 09:49 PM
we have problems too

looking at the low end of the market around newcastle, and rich sydney fuckers snap them up FOR LIST PRICE before they even look at them
mainly cos they know that the rental market up here is nutso and there will be people lined up around the block to rent ANYTHING
fucking sucks for us first home buyers :(

Petrol Spice
14-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Thank fuck! I thought it was just me.
I don't know how I'm going to put the kids through school, pay off all the shit and buy a house and other stuff.
I think I'm going to give up on the house and just have some nice shit in some other cunts house. I'm 36 now so I'm probably too old for a home loan now anyway.

JackTar
14-03-2010, 10:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

we have problems too

looking at the low end of the market around newcastle, and rich sydney fuckers snap them up FOR LIST PRICE before they even look at them
mainly cos they know that the rental market up here is nutso and there will be people lined up around the block to rent ANYTHING

It is no different here in Canberra fimp, this joint is like living in a big town but the house prices are comparable to Sydney, the rent is ridiculaous and really hard to come by.

Petrol Spice
14-03-2010, 10:19 PM
What are 'we' going to do?

Tony Nitrous
14-03-2010, 10:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by Petrol Spice

I'm 36 now so I'm probably too old for a home loan now anyway.

Last year I borrowed $300,000 at age 45, single bloke on an average wage.

Moved 10k's further out from the city and the repayments are exactly the same as the rent was to within a few dollars.
I do now pay building insurance / rates on top though.

ashcook
14-03-2010, 10:22 PM

we have problems too

We were on Lake Macquarie and wanted to buy but had to be out of our rental a few months before we could. All we could find to rent in again was near Barrington Tops on 500 acres. Its not bad where we are but fucking nothing in Newcastle was under $400 a week and even then they were shit, stuck like animal piss, didn't have a shed at all or was only 2/3 bedroom. Plus we were competing with up to 50 other families for the same shitholes in the same situation.

We're now buying locally up here. But we couldn't do it on our own, had to ask the parents for help. It sucks but we were sick to death of going no where renting. Plus we were moved from our previous rental homes 3 times in 4 years as the owners all wanted to sell as the market was so high.

jakam04
14-03-2010, 10:29 PM
My only saving grace is the fact I'm in Defence and I get subsidized rent. Otherwise I'd be screwed.

Petrol Spice
14-03-2010, 10:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tony Nitrous

I'm 36 now so I'm probably too old for a home loan now anyway.

Last year I borrowed $300,000 at age 45, single bloke on an average wage.

Moved 10k's further out from the city and the repayments are exactly the same as the rent was to within a few dollars.
I do now pay building insurance / rates on top though.

You must of had one MASSIVE fuck off deposit. I'm living in a huge house at the moment that's costing my 375 a week. 30 klicks out of Brisbane. But 300K from Aussie was 1/4 inch off $3000 a month. That's going to break my ass.

grindella
14-03-2010, 10:36 PM
those figures look like nothing I've seen. Find a house and email the details to this addy m......n@gmail.com saying you would like to buy it what sort of deal can he do. Message me I thought twice about posting an email addy.

Tony Nitrous
14-03-2010, 10:44 PM
Not really.
Managed to just put down just enough % that i didnt need to
take out the extra insurance for being a higher risk.

Bit bigger block and extra shed but main reason was I couldnt do anything
to the old rented place and always wondered when/if i'd be moved out.

grindella
14-03-2010, 10:49 PM
Yeh I know feeling, renting now and waiting for suitable house to buy, then up goes shed and tools are drawn. Have a rent buy option in the wings will only cost $1600 to $1800 a month for 300k

lurch
14-03-2010, 11:16 PM
It's a fucked up system. I've got a mate who's been making $150k + for a few years and he reckons the banks won't touch him cos he's self employed!

336LJ
15-03-2010, 12:05 AM
well thats just fucked it - All Iv been wanting to do for the past few years is find a block of land minimum 5-10 acres. build a big fuck off shed on it, do the inside like a house and build a BIGGER shed (don't tell the missus) up the back for all my shit.
IF i had a good 100 acres I'd have about 40 dams in it after I was done muhahahah ;) if you know what I mean re:BOOM! thread.
I pay $370 a week in rent, on 5 acres, for some tight arse asian cunts who don't want to spend a dollar on the joint if they can avoid it.
I'm even thinking of hitting the real estate up and asking if we can buy it - its not out in the sticks where I want to be, but I'd probably be paying less in repayments every week!

Been putting off joining the defence force for about 8 years, due to one shit reason or another, but have had enough of not doing what I want to - my current job pays a shit load and I was allowed, with my missus wage, to borrow 300k, I heard in the defence force you get a pretty sweet deal when it comes to loans n shit?
I'v had enough of my current job tho, 3 years on night shift has completely fucked me and I'm over it so to take less money a week, I'm hoping theres better perks? one perk already would be doing something I like, compared to making some other dickhead rich doing brain dead work all day.

Hagarr
15-03-2010, 08:59 AM
27 years ago bloke turned in front of me and my Z, "Luckily" it didn't kill me (just!) the payout financed my first house.

I wouldn't suggest this option, but with 4 x kids, self employed 1 x income i am glad i put my MVIT claim money in to something concrete and not piss it up.

I know it has worked for me even though my repayments were bullshit, nut with the market booming it eventually gave me equity tp refinance ad get a bit of breathing space.

Just refinanced again 48 yrs old $1m mortgage, could be dead tomorrow so why worry about the size??? of mortgage.

Bob
15-03-2010, 10:12 AM
In the same boat mate. They wont look at us unles we have 20% (60- 70k). so we said fuck it and are renting for another year.

Redmohawk
15-03-2010, 11:56 AM
If you owe the bank $100,000 dollars you have a problem if you owe the bank $500,000 you have a problem
if you owe the bank $1,000,000 the bank has a problem lol. I have been lucky with real estate in the past
buying blocks of land for very little ($25,000 and $75000 for a town block in a pissant town and 115 ah in the bush)
then holding onto them servicing a $100,000 loan while renting (hard but not impossable) then sold up 5 years later
capital gains tax can be a bit harsh but turned over a profit of $275,000 in 5 years including repaiments n tax.

Thats a good block where i want to live on south coast of nsw inland a bit and enough to built a smallish house myself.
There are ways and you need some luck but it can be done guys n girls, dont let the haves make you stay have not's!

There are bargan's about but you have to travel or move to make it work , and the jobs and pay are shit out of the
big smoke unless your lucky or smart! I was lucky.

Chase
15-03-2010, 12:04 PM
It's all going to get much worse shortly... as part of Uncle Kev's economic stimulus the gov lifted the levy and conditions for overseas investors into Australian property. So you have a lot of international (mostly Chinese) money flooding into the Aussie market competing with the local buyers forcing house prices up.

I suspect KR is the Chinese poilitical version of V.. peel him back and you'll find the truth ;)

Petrol Spice
15-03-2010, 12:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by lurch

It's a fucked up system. I've got a mate who's been making $150k + for a few years and he reckons the banks won't touch him cos he's self employed!

Me too. But I've been told that with 4 years financial and 50% they have a look at it.

I like the fact that every you put away of heap of money only to lose half of it at tax time. Next year I'm taking that half and spending it on something I want.

All my projects are on hold now.

sen
15-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Buying a place is scary these days. First you gotta deal with the mental blow that you'll end up paying $800,000 on a $400k home just so some bank executives can buy their own nice houses off your interest, then you gotta FIND a 400k home that's close enough to work, then you gotta find the crazy deposits they want, then you gotta find someone that'll give you a loan without expecting you to lube up for them..

I earn a fair chunk of change, but i've only been working here for 1.5 years and I haven't saved much in that time since i've been paying my wifes way through a nursing degree (I earn too much for her to get centerlink), so even though I could afford the mortgage payments, just GETTING a loan is near impossible.

Sometimes seems like you're just better off renting, and spending the money you save from not paying a mortgage, on alcohol to drown out all the evil thoughts of how fucked up it all is.

Jup
15-03-2010, 03:14 PM
http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?id=3950&a=qfp&cu=fn-rea&t=res

Plenty of cheap housing if you're willing to live 100Km+ from the city and ride to work.

Cruisecontrol
15-03-2010, 04:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by Jup

Plenty of cheap housing if you're willing to live 100Km+ from the city and ride to work.

Exactly.
It is similar to long term unemployed person "waiting for an entry level management position".
Yes it would be nice to have the perfect house in the perfect area but reality tends to get in the way meaning that if you want a house, chances are it is not going to be in the best area nor is it going to be a palace. But once the foot is in the real estate door, then upgrade to a better house in a better area.

And only $3000.00 a month? I wish...

Tony Nitrous
15-03-2010, 04:37 PM

quote:Originally posted by lurch

Me too. But I've been told that with 4 years financial and 50% they have a look at it.

I only put down about 20% and im casual, no contract,
no holiday pay / no sick pay / no rained off pay.

Motgage Choice were very helpful. Great service.
I'd use them again.

JackTar
15-03-2010, 04:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by 336LJ

well thats just fucked it - All Iv been wanting to do for the past few years is find a block of land minimum 5-10 acres. build a big fuck off shed on it, do the inside like a house and build a BIGGER shed (don't tell the missus) up the back for all my shit.
IF i had a good 100 acres I'd have about 40 dams in it after I was done muhahahah ;) if you know what I mean re:BOOM! thread.
I pay $370 a week in rent, on 5 acres, for some tight arse asian cunts who don't want to spend a dollar on the joint if they can avoid it.
I'm even thinking of hitting the real estate up and asking if we can buy it - its not out in the sticks where I want to be, but I'd probably be paying less in repayments every week!

Been putting off joining the defence force for about 8 years, due to one shit reason or another, but have had enough of not doing what I want to - my current job pays a shit load and I was allowed, with my missus wage, to borrow 300k, I heard in the defence force you get a pretty sweet deal when it comes to loans n shit?
I'v had enough of my current job tho, 3 years on night shift has completely fucked me and I'm over it so to take less money a week, I'm hoping theres better perks? one perk already would be doing something I like, compared to making some other dickhead rich doing brain dead work all day.

If you're talking about the Defence Home Ownership scheme where they pay some of your interest or something along those lines I can't help you. I have not got it nor probably will I because it comes up as a fringe benefit tax so I would have to pay more money to the parasite that is my ex-wife.

MuZ
15-03-2010, 05:13 PM

we have problems too

yeah my plan is to buy a cheapish house and rent it out while living out bush in my swag and borrowing food and cleaning products from work, when its paid off after 20 years of living like this i might be able to buy a house to live in, and pay that off by living like a jew and not spending ANY money at all for another 20 years.
and as for the DHOAS scheme, there is certain criteria that must be met to get it and the longer you've been in the more you get i think to get the mimimum amount is 4 years but dont quote me on that one it could be less that 4 years

BANDITROD
15-03-2010, 05:48 PM
i bought my 3 bed room house for $52000 in dimboola so if you think of maybe heading out to the country mate you would be very surprised at how cheap they are

jakam04
15-03-2010, 05:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

i bought my 3 bed room house for $52000 in dimboola so if you think of maybe heading out to the country mate you would be very surprised at how cheap they are

Yeah but then we'd have to live near people like you Rod ;););) kidding.

BANDITROD
15-03-2010, 05:58 PM
imagine how much fun we could have mate .......guns.....compund bows.......4wds.....chook chasers......bunny bashing........fishing........camping........and its quiet out here and there is no shitty polution ....oh and we also go water skiing ........;)

fimpBIKES
15-03-2010, 06:00 PM

thats a quality-of-life thing, there is no way im spending 2-3hours a day or more in car just to get to work and back, thats just stupid

Tony Nitrous
15-03-2010, 06:13 PM

thats a quality-of-life thing, there is no way im spending 2-3hours a day or more in car just to get to work and back, thats just stupid

Same here.

Thats why all the guys i work with live on Bayside or outer City suburbs.

Our work might be 100k North, South or West, changes every week.
If you live central its not too bad and every morning your heading
OUT of the City whilst all the commutters head in.
Same in reverse in the afternoon.
Bugger living 100k's South and having to drive 200k's North through the city!

I realise its not the same for every trade,
but thats why im not out in the sticks.

chadams
15-03-2010, 06:14 PM
It's not too bad fimp, my commute is a little over 70km each way, throw in a weekend ride each fortnight and I'm pushing 50,0000km a year on the bike. I've been doing it for 6 months now, but the fact that I'm returning each night to my own place makes it worth while. Plus my mortgage worked out $200 a month cheaper then my rent. rental place was 10km from work (3 bedroom apartment), my house is 70km (2 but soon to be 3 bedroom house, 1000sqm block).

fimpBIKES
15-03-2010, 06:41 PM
i guess it depends on the roads etc

we are REALLY close to sealing the deal in a place which is about 10-15minutes extra distance to my new job (30-40mins all up)
im totally willing to do that just to have my own place (with a FUCKING BIG SHED!!!)

but ive worked with people who commute say 160km each way to work and back
they all start out with some justification, but after 6 months on the freeway they look like they have aged 10 years [XX(]

good point tony, different sorts of work i guess
if things pan out the way i hope they do i will be travelling to the exact same workplace every day for at least the next 5yrs

gixkat
15-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Seriously fellas i know its not for everyone, but Rod (for once) is right, the "tree change" we made was the best thing we ever did, great people lovely country town, unbelievable riding, mountains 70ks one way the beach 70ks the other and beautiful houses for the price of a block in our old home town of Melbourne.

Petrol Spice
15-03-2010, 06:49 PM
http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=s&cu=fn-rea&s=qld&ss=&ag=&t=rur&snf=rbs&chk=0&lead=&ty=&searchFormSource=advanced+search&tb=+KILCOY%2C+&u=KILCOY&is=1&pm=&px=&pme=any&pxe=any&cat=&o=def&p=10

watkins
15-03-2010, 08:00 PM
i had plans to buy a place in heidelberg west in the next few years, but thats gone up over $400,000 median price can you believe it??!!?!?!?!?!?

BANDITROD
15-03-2010, 08:14 PM
well if you toffs would just listen there is other places other than the city and yes we do have wheels and tv and no we dont fuck our sisters .....or brothers jacktar and we even have places to work and earn money

Tony Nitrous
15-03-2010, 08:25 PM

well if you toffs would just listen there is other places other than the city and yes we do have wheels and tv and no we dont fuck our sisters .....or brothers jacktar and we even have places to work and earn money

Your not fooling anyone.

I've seen "Deliverance".........http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/1507/980.gif

BANDITROD
15-03-2010, 09:19 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^lol i even had my banjo ready

latheboy
16-03-2010, 06:41 AM
And there's a fucking awesome cliff out that way.... i'm still thinking about buying land somewhere up your way...

For the last ten years the banks have been trying to give me money for a house... Single wage here have $500K
No thanks, id have to work a night job in stkilda to keep to repayments.... I do it for fun not money...

Then jen and i were offered $960K for first home loan at $15K a month repayments... They really are fucktards..

Id go bush if i wasn't set up already.

exposuredesigns
16-03-2010, 10:55 AM
I recently bought a 2 bedroom house on 2 blocks of land in a small NSW town for $15,600 on ebay (yeah yeah i know). There are other houses in this town for around $20k that need a little work. Mine is on half acre in the main street just down from a pub and primary school. Has massive shed at the back, endless bore, town water and has phone, electricity, phone connected with Air conditioning and satelite broadband.

Currently renting this out and returning nearly 30%pa. They are out there if you look hard enough, but may have to move to get it. :)

sen
16-03-2010, 11:13 AM
If you work in Sydney, don't discount the Blue Mountains. Some really cheap houses up there on good blocks, AWESOME riding roads, and just over an hour commute on the train (express trains).. that's where i'm hoping to buy in the next year or 2.

336LJ
16-03-2010, 01:36 PM

imagine how much fun we could have mate .......guns.....compund bows.......4wds.....chook chasers......bunny bashing........fishing........camping........and its quiet out here and there is no shitty polution ....oh and we also go water skiing ........;)

the exact reason, and the cheaper house of course, as to why i want to live in the sticks - but the mrs wont have it.. Fauck

Jup
16-03-2010, 01:55 PM

LOL too true about the 'quality of life'... stuck in a cage for 2 hours is not fun, just ask all the commuters who take hours to travel a whopping 25Kms down the <s>free</s>tollway in peak hour every morning.

Or the <s>commuters</s>sardines catching the train from Frankston to the city - that's a hell of a trip too!

Somehow, my riding along winding country roads with no traffic and no traffic lights isn't seeming so stupid to me. Especially on days like today when I turn off and take the long way home. :D

As others have said though - get into the market first with a cheap house, slash the mortgage as quick and hard as you can for a year or two, and then use the equity to move into the area you really want to live in. It's probably the only option for some nowadays?

JackTar
16-03-2010, 05:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by gixkat

Seriously fellas i know its not for everyone, but Rod (for once) is right, the "tree change" we made was the best thing we ever did, great people lovely country town, unbelievable riding, mountains 70ks one way the beach 70ks the other and beautiful houses for the price of a block in our old home town of Melbourne.

All well and good if you have a trade or something mate, I've been in the Navy for 20 years this June and guess what qualifications I've got to show for it? Heaps that look great on paper but mean fuck all in a country town. I'm too fucking old to go back to labouring so unless someone mounts a .50 cal on their front lawn they need manning I'm shit outa luck.

BANDITROD
16-03-2010, 05:15 PM
.50 cal on my lawn you say i may be able to help you out there but you have to bring your own .50 cal and work for $2 bucks a day ....oh and bring your own ammo

RevHead
16-03-2010, 05:30 PM
mywife n myself sold our place made $100,000,paid all our loans and credit card off ,,went to the bank ,,,ok we wanna buy another house ,,how much u want $300,000, youl need $50,000 deposit u need to be in the same industry of employment for more then 12 months ,,hey say wot,ive nev,er been unemployed for 8 years now,,yes mr p you changed professions,,say wot get fucked.im a mechanic and a chef by trade ,so guess wot were renting,i think the reserve bank, board should be sacked here here

boris
16-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Mr Rod after buying my own business and working for the last few years and putting up with all the cockstains I have had to I would love more than anything to go out to this lifestyle especially after being out at glenn innes the other weekend it seems so much sweeter

BANDITROD
16-03-2010, 07:05 PM
its awsome mate it realy is .....i dont think i could handle living in the city i would get locked up for road rage i reckon

boris
16-03-2010, 07:12 PM
oh and for those people wanting to buy their own shed to live in I bought mine nearly 4 years ago and live/work in it and from a $240k loan have paid about $4k off it at $3k a month so unless u make good money or make money from there I don't recommend it assuming all loans are the same for every $100k u borrow u pay roughly $1k per month with a shitload of interest