PDA

View Full Version : Oh Dear I didn't see you.

devo
14-03-2010, 12:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=masAsJeyIVQ

Iceman
14-03-2010, 12:30 PM
if only we could

Cruisecontrol
14-03-2010, 03:46 PM
That just illustrates one of life's rules:

Might has right.

JackTar
14-03-2010, 09:20 PM
I saw a bit of 60 minutes tonight and they had these two fucktards on pushbikes who are attaching cameras to their bikes and filming all the people who cut them of daily, WELCOME TO MY WORLD. Maybe we should put cameras on our motorcycles and in our cars and film all of the pushbikes showing a complete disregard for road rules. Have you ever seen a pushbike stop at lights for a T intersection when they are on the main road which is intersected? I think not.

80s freak
15-03-2010, 08:16 AM
I saw that 60 minutes thing too, fucking wankers. When they pay rego they'll have rights, until then use the fucking bike paths or catch a train.
Why does it seem that the UK seem to promote the fact that car drivers need to be more aware of bikes, yet in Victoria it's all about the bikes having to look out for fucktards in cars? Just a thought.

Neo Dutch
17-03-2010, 09:00 AM
If you think cyclists have an over endowed sense of entitlement, wait until they start paying rego and start taking what they are allowed by law. On a road that has two lane in one direction, cyclists are entitled to take up the entire left lane, by law, but mostly don't so as to make life easier to motorists. How will rego stop them running red lights? It's a question of enforcement, if the cops don't give out fines, cyclists will keep doing it. Easy to solve, enforce the fucking law.

FOR SALE.
One kids bicycle.
Well used as my kid rode it to school and sport, to the shops, to his friends place, in fact he rode it everywhere and got plenty of great exercise from it.
Selling as selfish fucks who can't abide by someone getting a simple thing in life for free, got another useless govt tax brought in and we can't afford rego for the car, motorbike, boat and dog and pay for a kids pushie as well.

What about all the kids that ride to school? They'll all have to be driven there once rego comes in and their bikes sit idle at home.

I went for a walk the other day. I used the footpath. Oh dear, that's infrastructure provided for me that I'm not paying for. I'd better stay at home until I pay the rego for my shoes.

Ever wondered why your MC CTP is so expensive? Here's why:
1. MC CTP is elevated as many single vehicle car accidents are blamed on "avoiding a motorcycle".
2. 4WD CTP collected is not enough to cover the claims made against 4WD's, so this gap is covered by MC CTP.
3. MC CTP is artificially elevated to make motorcycling less attractive.

JackTar
17-03-2010, 10:54 AM
I couldn't care less if cyclists are paying rego or not I just want them to follow the same road rules the rest of us do. Something that I make sure my kids do. They want to have it both ways, they want to make sure we are doing the right thing so that they don't get creamed but they are more than happy to put themselves at risk by not stopping for red lights etc and then wonder why they get cleaned up.

fimpBIKES
17-03-2010, 11:33 AM
MC CTP is bullshit
$640 for >300cc

let me look up how much to ctp a prado...
$317.44 from AAMI
what a load of fucking bullshit

considering this insurance is supposed to be to people that the vehicle can potentially injure
WHY is a 200kg motorcycle TWICE the price??!?!?!

STUPID COUNTRY [XX(]

Hillsy
17-03-2010, 12:12 PM
I think the CTP figures for bikes is based on carrying a pillion (and when a bike crashes with a pillion, statistics say the pillion normally comes off the worst).

EG: in QLD, 2 seater rego (incl CTP) is around $430 PA, whereas solo rego (icl CTP) is about $210 PA. The majority of that reduction is pillion CTP.

Cruisecontrol
17-03-2010, 01:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by Neo Dutch

If you think cyclists have an over endowed sense of entitlement, wait until they start paying rego and start taking what they are allowed by law. On a road that has two lane in one direction, cyclists are entitled to take up the entire left lane, by law, but mostly don't so as to make life easier to motorists. How will rego stop them running red lights? It's a question of enforcement, if the cops don't give out fines, cyclists will keep doing it. Easy to solve, enforce the fucking law.

FOR SALE.
One kids bicycle.
Well used as my kid rode it to school and sport, to the shops, to his friends place, in fact he rode it everywhere and got plenty of great exercise from it.
Selling as selfish fucks who can't abide by someone getting a simple thing in life for free, got another useless govt tax brought in and we can't afford rego for the car, motorbike, boat and dog and pay for a kids pushie as well.

What about all the kids that ride to school? They'll all have to be driven there once rego comes in and their bikes sit idle at home.

I went for a walk the other day. I used the footpath. Oh dear, that's infrastructure provided for me that I'm not paying for. I'd better stay at home until I pay the rego for my shoes.

Oh, boo hoo.
Trail bike riders don't have to pay rego if they do not ride their bikes on the road, and neither should anyone else in any type of vehicle that does not use the road.
If one person has to pay to use the road, then everybody should (in varying degrees based on the type of vehicle of course).

Next there will be tears because I have to pay for water and all I do is drink it and the prick next door pays the same for his water and washes his boat with it!

alfiestorm
18-03-2010, 01:36 AM
Here in the Mother land I pay the equivalent(spelling) of $240au for fully comprehensive insurance for all three of my bikes gixxer1216 gsx750f and a efe fighter:D oh and includes free breakdown recovery as well:D:D

You guys and gals get screwed big time doncha.

Good funny vid by the way.

alf

zx12argh
18-03-2010, 12:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

quote:Originally posted by Neo Dutch

If you think cyclists have an over endowed sense of entitlement, wait until they start paying rego and start taking what they are

the other day. I used the footpath. Oh dear, that's infrastructure provided for me that I'm not paying for. I'd better stay at home until I pay the rego for my shoes.

Oh, boo hoo.
Trail bike riders don't have to pay rego if they do not ride their bikes on the road, and neither should anyone else in any type of vehicle that does not use the road.
If one person has to pay to use the road, then everybody should (in varying degrees based on the type of vehicle of course).

Next there will be tears because I have to pay for water and all I do is drink it and the prick next door pays the same for his water and washes his boat with it!

Dunno what its is out of QLD but if you want to ride in State Forest on a trail bike you do have to be registered - i.e. pay for your CTP. The only place to ride an unregistered dirt bike is on private property.

The old system was a yearly permit but that was BS and hard to enforce. There are coppers on dirtbikes cruising around state forests pinging people without rego (deputised MXers if you believe the rumours) but in 3 years of riding in the bush I've never seen one.

As for pushy riders, as long as they take responsibility for themselves I have no dramas with them.

Tony OW31
18-03-2010, 01:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by zx12argh
There are coppers on dirtbikes cruising around state forests pinging people without rego (deputised MXers if you believe the rumours) but in 3 years of riding in the bush I've never seen one.

there are 2 on ktm's by me, see em all the time, always ride in a pair.