PDA

View Full Version : Question For One Of Our Resident Cops

dane_ra
18-01-2007, 07:50 PM
Today as I was riding down The River Rd turning onto Canterbury Rd,(or whatever it's called there) Bankstown area. I went to lane split past about 3 or 4 cars to get to the front of the lights. Wasn't going fast and there was a decent gap.

The first car instantly pulled over to block my gap. Pissed off at this I put on my meanest glare from behind the safety of my tinted visor (which isn't all that scary by the way) as the prick glared back at me through his rear window.

Noticing the stupid number of aerials on his neat, dark blue magna, I decided not to cause too much drama... just in case. Anyway, I pull around the corner and stop at the next set of lights right next to him. I made sure there wasn't a camera or any other police like crap on the dash before asking him what his problem was. He asked me if I wanted to pull over and chat about it, then produced a nice little laminated badge saying NSW Police. FUCKIN GREAT!!:(

He told me that I shouldn't have been lane splitting and I told him that I was under the impression that the law had been changed. He quickly corrected me.

Am I imagining it or was there a massive fight to change that law about 6-12 months ago??? Was this prick pulling my chain on some power trip?

Large
18-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Were you splitting or filtering?

I've seen threads about this on other fora and even though Lane Splitting is ok...passing on the left or too close to other vehicles isn't.

I believe there's three or four things the piggies can still get you for:(

Jockney Rebel
18-01-2007, 11:30 PM
bollox there goes my fav trick [ex cuorier ] ive only got 3pts before i get a free letter in the post ......

dane_ra
19-01-2007, 07:46 AM
Large- Traffic was stopped, lights were red, only 3 or 4 cars, heaps of space for me to get a set of fatbars through.

Theres 3 lanes and I was riding between middle and right hand lane.

Which is which between filtering and splitting? I'm guessing one is traffic stopped and the other moving??

Rich
19-01-2007, 04:49 PM
dane_ra, I'm not real big on traffic so I can't help. Although I'm happy to field questions on Murder, Sexual Assualt and Drug Supply....

Cheers Rich

Zed14
19-01-2007, 04:53 PM
which drug is easiest to sell and has the lowest start up cost?

WATEVR
19-01-2007, 09:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by Rich

dane_ra, I'm not real big on traffic so I can't help. Although I'm happy to field questions on Murder, Sexual Assualt and Drug Supply....

Cheers Rich

a few of the other lads would be keen for the sexual assualt[:0] however i would like to know more about the drugs you can supply[^];)

dane_ra
20-01-2007, 07:52 AM
Nice Rich, I'll keep that in mind

damo1
22-01-2007, 03:20 PM
I think the legal bullshit is called lane sharing you cant legaly share a lane with another vehical meaning lane spliting
there was a shit fight about it a while back with no result i think but as fare as im aware thats the way they word it
<<<<<<LANE SHARING>>>>>>
And im with Rexie whats the answer to that one wateva?

Matt
23-01-2007, 07:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by Rexie

:D:D:D

zx12argh
23-01-2007, 12:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by Rexie

Nutmeg

DaveK5
23-01-2007, 05:07 PM
quote:Nutmeg
How true
I was gonna say banana peel tobacco...but the price still has got back to normal following cyclone larry.[8D]

loosebruce
23-01-2007, 07:22 PM
BEER