PDA

View Full Version : airbrushing

Jockney Rebel
18-01-2007, 05:16 PM
wanna have a crack at some airbrushing any advice ..just gonna do some basic stuff

Seifer
18-01-2007, 05:25 PM
Use an airbrush :D

gibbo
18-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Buy some paint;)
Seriously though, have you checked out any gear yet? Can get pretty expensive.

chopaweeza
18-01-2007, 07:56 PM
The man you need to have a yarn to is a good mate of mine, Neo Dutch(if you would have come ova on Sunday you would have met him). He mostly Pin Stripes & Engraves but he is a mean hand with an airbrush too. His website is http://www.pinheadlounge.com/portfolio.php?artistid=neodutch so check him out and have a yarn to him. Tell him you know the man with the GSXR rigid BBO entrant and that I sent you.

Wayne

Jockney Rebel
18-01-2007, 11:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by chopaweeza

The man you need to have a yarn to is a good mate of mine, Neo Dutch(if you would have come ova on Sunday you would have met him). He mostly Pin Stripes & Engraves but he is a mean hand with an airbrush too. His website is http://www.pinheadlounge.com/portfolio.php?artistid=neodutch so check him out and have a yarn to him. Tell him you know the man with the GSXR rigid BBO entrant and that I sent you.

Wayne
cheers wayne will do

Jockney Rebel
18-01-2007, 11:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by Seifer

Use an airbrush :D
hil-fukin-arious---:)i knew it ask a simple question

Gix11
18-01-2007, 11:32 PM
Neo signed up as a members here Wayne. Seems like a top bloke.

Jockney Rebel
19-01-2007, 03:28 PM
ive signed up for a course with a guy up here to see if ive got any talent!!??

catchmeifyoucan
19-01-2007, 07:42 PM
airbrush equip can be expensieve depending on what you want and where you get it from, just like most things these days.. i do a bit of airbrushing here and there, still learning mostly.. i bought an airbrush straight from the states off ebay, a good airbrush over here might be $400-$500, but i got mine for $280 delivered to my door, its worth about $450 over here, so i saved a bundle.. plus you'll need an air compresor and air hose, which you can get wherever... airbrushing is heaps of fun, a good place to learn is a mob called airbrush venturi, all the teachers are amazing.... good luck anyway mate..

Jockney Rebel
19-01-2007, 10:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by catchmeifyoucan

airbrush equip can be expensieve depending on what you want and where you get it from, just like most things these days.. i do a bit of airbrushing here and there, still learning mostly.. i bought an airbrush straight from the states off ebay, a good airbrush over here might be $400-$500, but i got mine for $280 delivered to my door, its worth about $450 over here, so i saved a bundle.. plus you'll need an air compresor and air hose, which you can get wherever... airbrushing is heaps of fun, a good place to learn is a mob called airbrush venturi, all the teachers are amazing.... good luck anyway mate..
thanks mate ..im better with the graphic and stylized stuff [cartoon characters ,lines and flames that sort of gear]as far as drawings concerned i could draw an engine in detail but draw a persons face and it always turns out looking like superman or summat
id also like to learn about autocad drawing on pcs

Jockney Rebel
19-01-2007, 11:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

cheers si ill give him a shout as well..i hear there looking for marshalls for the TT,ur going this year aint ya

Jockney Rebel
19-01-2007, 11:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by chopaweeza

Wayne
fukin wow ....not so much into the stripin but the artwork is amazin christ if it stands still he ll paint it ...:D im inspired..and a bit awestruck

Jockney Rebel
19-01-2007, 11:21 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/9900757203466.jpg
this is what i had in mind for the tank sides

catchmeifyoucan
20-01-2007, 11:22 AM
even if you can't draw that well, these airbrush venturi guys will teach you, it's really not as hard as you think.. ill get the camera out and take a photo of some things i've done, and i thought i could never do some of the shit i did, especially a portrait..

Jockney Rebel
21-01-2007, 03:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by catchmeifyoucan

even if you can't draw that well, these airbrush venturi guys will teach you, it's really not as hard as you think.. ill get the camera out and take a photo of some things i've done, and i thought i could never do some of the shit i did, especially a portrait..
cant wait maybe ill find my calling lol always bin into nice paintwork and effects:D

latheboy
21-01-2007, 09:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by frankenbiker

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/9900757203466.jpg
this is what i had in mind for the tank sides

Is this just a good opportunity for you to have a rainbow on your bike , nothing wrong with being gay dude , be proud :D

jakam04
21-01-2007, 09:09 AM
lmfao.... ouch

Jockney Rebel
21-01-2007, 02:14 PM
hmmmmm droll....very funny.....well it is PINK floyd i suppose :}

Gix11
22-01-2007, 08:06 PM
I really hope you're not putting "Dark Side of the Moon" down Latheboy.

Jockney Rebel
22-01-2007, 08:13 PM
well he was born around 78 so u can forgive him,,

"theres no dark side really,,, its all dark"

Phill
23-01-2007, 05:26 AM
your supposed to take your sunglasses off inside frankie!! :}

chopaweeza
23-01-2007, 03:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

I don't often say this but The Boy Got Skillz Bigtime . A genuine bloke , a talented pin striper/engraver/air brush artist and a bloke with his head in the right place when it comes to how bikes should/shouldn't be built. I don't recommend idiots and have enough ego to applaud someone that takes their hobby to this level(No, it's not his full time job). I also make no secret of the fact that next intake we have I hope that he will accept the invitation to join the Chopper Builders Sydney Chapter.