PDA

View Full Version : GSXR 600 Exhaust

Seifer
17-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Hey guys, I know im gonna cop a bit of flak over this but im a fan of the gsxr 600 06' exhaust. How likely is it that I could fit it to my gsxr 1100 slinghsot model, im talking looks, ease of mods and performance wise?

shift1313
18-01-2007, 10:11 AM
you talking just the muffler? if so i dont think it would be the hardest thing in the world but have you seen one without the fairing on?

Seifer
18-01-2007, 10:40 AM
Yeah I have and I realise it has the fat cat hanging out the bottom. Im just chasing up a nice stubby exhaust to sit out the side but still be relatively quiet. I was thinking with that one I'd need to mould some kind of bellypan to make it a little more pretty. Any other examples of some nice short but fairly low profil and cheapish exhuasts?

Seifer
18-01-2007, 01:37 PM
I've also got an o5 r1 tail on, i'm also in an opp to buy the tail exhausts for cheap so how would they work performance wise? It may be a dumb question but I know F-A about exhaust systems.

shift1313
19-01-2007, 01:20 AM
well id say you will notice a huge difference between the two types of systems. just because of the distance to the muffler. Id say you might get a big more bottom grunt if you go with a tail exhaust. Under body muffler you might see a bit more top end. It all depends on the size of pipe, where your bends are and whats done to your bike so its really a hard question. FMF now makes a motogp exhaust for the gsxrs 600-750 so you might see some used ones cheap soon. What about finding a used buell one? are they hard to come by over there? If you have the skill, or a friend, you mine as well make your own so its how you want it. Id make yourself a tri oval belly muffler and weld some baffles inside it. Just make the top(side facing the motor) removable so you can add/remove baffles to get the performance/sound you want. Might be alot of time but wouldnt be alot of money involved.