PDA

View Full Version : SSSA Fireblade Question

ledhead221
10-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Greetings....Big fan of the sssa fireblades on here...so much so I've been workin on my 94 blade....having trouble finding lug nuts for the wheel? Any suggestions... or does anyone know what size they are? The vfr sprocket.....will it match up with my stock RR front sprocket? I know I shoulda just put a car wheel on there like most of you fellas......but I'm pretty novice with all this and didn't have the balls to go car wheel....LOL. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

John

Gix11
10-03-2010, 02:33 PM
How did you come across a VFR Swing Arm and Wheel but not the nuts? Did you buy them separately? I'm pretty sure the nuts will be the same as Honda car ones but don't hold me to that, one of the guys will confirm.

When you say "will the sprockets match up" do you mean line up straight or do you mean will they accept the same chain guage?

By the way, welcome aboard mate.

damo1
10-03-2010, 03:38 PM
Yeah more info needed to answer these questions mate.

Therew are a number of members on here who have done this mod.

Is it a 750 or an 800 arm your doing, it will make a difference to the info your after.

ledhead221
11-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Sorry about that...its the 96 vfr 750 arm and the 5.5J rim. I bought them seperatley and it didn't come with nuts. I didn't even think to try the car lugs. As far as the sprocket question...will it accept the same chain?

Thanks again

John

Gix11
11-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Is the rear sprocket still good? If it were me I'd get a new chain and sprocket set for it anyway as the rear and front wear will undoubtedly be worn differently and a new set feels a million dollars to ride. Just make sure there are no clearance issues and then get yourself a 530 chain and sprocket set - don't get OEM obviously! An after market set shouldn't break the bank.

damo1
11-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Mate from memory the chains are the same pitch i think it was a 520.

As for your wheel nuts the car ones wont fit, they are the same thread but they actual diameter of the nut wont allow you to get a socket of any kind on the nut in side the wheel.Its tight enough with the standard nuts on it you will need a thin wall socket to get them on and off with original nuts.