PDA

View Full Version : need to vent!!

VFighteR
03-03-2010, 09:49 AM
This morning, I was going to take my seat to be re-upholstered by a local mob in Coburg. I remembered that I had seen a VTR1000 with a Sargent seat unit and thought to myself, if its not much more, I may as well get one of these instead, as the price I was quoted form my usual guy was around $150 bucks....

So I jump on the net looking for the Sargent website and come across another local guy called Cumfy Motorcycle seats. Got the addy (in Glenroy) and made my way down.

So, When I go there, I explained to the fellow what I wanted done, build up the front of the seat, add foam to the sides where I modified the seat to match the subbie and re cover in a non slip vinyl....all good, he seemed to know what I wanted. He then informed me it would take three weeks and cost me in excess of $350 bucks!!! I nearly fell over.

Walked out feeling ripped, mind you, this guy was not very friendly and he worked from a garage out back of his house so what fkn overheads would he have? "yeah yeah mate, i'll think about it" and quickly left..

Made my way back to Coburg where i went to another trimmer i've used in the past - Trimmworld in Coburg, now, for exactly the same work to be done, $150 bucks and will be ready in two days...

WTF is this other guys problem? I have found as soon as you mention "special projects" or sorts, cunts want to rip you off!! I didn't mind even paying $200, but this other dick thought he was the bees knees of the trimmworld.. FK U i say

Just wanted to give you squeezers the heads up in case you need some re-upholstery done, not to go to Cumfy Motorcycle Seats in Glenroy unless you want to pay out of your ass (pardon the pun)

I'll post pix in my build update over the weekend

JackTar
03-03-2010, 01:02 PM
Sounds like you're after a harley mate you might want to try another forum.

Cruisecontrol
03-03-2010, 01:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by JackTar

Sounds like you're after a harley

What brought you to that conclusion?

StuNVA
03-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Best thing I done on the gixer was get the seat done, cost me $50 and I thought the guys was into me, maybe he wasn't after all.

JackTar
03-03-2010, 02:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by VFighteR

build up the front of the seat, add foam to the sides

VFighteR
03-03-2010, 02:21 PM

quote:Originally posted by VFighteR

build up the front of the seat, add foam to the sides

wait for the pics mr tar! sheesh!

JackTar
03-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Only taking the piss mate, I know what it is like to travel 1200 kms on what may as well be a bit of cardboard.

sharky
03-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Yeah but you like the feeling of your ass getting pounded...

JackTar
03-03-2010, 03:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by sharky

What have I told you about secrets?

VFighteR
03-03-2010, 04:21 PM

quote:Originally posted by sharky

What have I told you about secrets?

hahahaha - the comfort factor was only minor, its the fact that I have lifted the ass end that high that my nuts are squished up onto the tank - as AC/DC sung, he's got big balls" lol

kevkatana
03-03-2010, 09:08 PM
I did my seats and it only cost about $30 for material and the cheapo bunnings staple gun.

gibbo
03-03-2010, 09:37 PM
Don't much see any problem here, sure it is expensive but he gave you his price and you decided it was too dear, no drama. Different story if he waits till you pick it up and hits you with an unexpected large number.
As for Stunva, in which decade were you quoted $50 and you considered it a rip off? We charge out at $70 an hour and I can tell you we are not getting any where near rich!

StuNVA
04-03-2010, 04:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by gibbo

As for Stunva, in which decade were you quoted $50 and you considered it a rip off? We charge out at $70 an hour and I can tell you we are not getting any where near rich!

I had it done last year and I'm a tight cunt.