PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs parts advice

ontiK
12-01-2007, 07:19 PM
G'day anzacs

I bought 1 green sparkly shiny ZX7R last year in mint condition (even for 40K KM old) and proceeded to try and tank slap myself to death a couple of months later @ Broadford. Consequently the bike's fucked, BUT! it can be fixed but will never be pretty again. I don't care but cos after my first track day I arrived at the conclusion that pretty doesn't count for much unless you carry your very own pair of bewbies on you chest everywhere you go.

In my efforts to get it back on the road, going street fighther is the most cost effective option for the time being, so I'm looking for good Aussie suppliers (Melb preferably) for Streetfighter parts. Specifically I need a headlight assembly, icidators and mirrors for now, and they must be RWC as I've run out of reg so will have to be assessed again. (worst mistake ever) I've check the Woodcraft site for pegs etc, austreetfighter.com.au and showandgo.com.au so far and they look ok but I expect you guys might know some better traps.

Cheers toa all and TIA for you ti<s>t</s>ps

ontiK

WATEVR
13-01-2007, 12:17 PM
AHHHHH this sounds familiar!!!! done the same myself. check out my threads in your ride section titled 'my zx7r' and 'its finished....finally'. well they are something like that anyway as i to did the same on a zx7r.

welcome aboard anyway and good luck with the build, by the way were are the pics!!

Gix11
13-01-2007, 01:12 PM
Austreetfighter.com.au is Stu. He's Qikdraw on this site and a long time ASF member. Mention you're from here and you will get a 10% discount as well.
Oh, and welcome aboard mate.

jakam04
13-01-2007, 01:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by ontiK

G'day anzacs

Text Removed

ontiK

Umm, not to be picky or anything (not much anyway), but using the term Anzacs dont exactly include the poms or yanks on this site.

Anzacs was a term used to signify Australian and New Zealand comraderie and cooperation as a joint force during the war.

Just for info.

Jarrod

ninjaboy
14-01-2007, 12:17 PM
i crashed my zx6r and was going to sell it as it was, until someone introduced me to the world of streetfighters (thank god). Not really having a fighter scene in Darwin (i know there's Benz) i thought this was a perfect opportunity to fighter my bike and stand out from the others. I just stripped my bike down to basics, decided what sort of look i was going for and went from there. i bought some of my stuff from AUSTREETFIGHTER which i thought was great, but the rest either had to be custom or i could just do it myself (which makes the project more rewarding). i also went to brisbane and checked out what bits and pieces the wreckers had. i picked up some stuff but, there wasn't much for my bike. i have a mate with a zx7r and he got some good advice from EXTREME CREATIONS (custom stuff). This website (streetfighters) has also been great for advice and checking out other bikes for ideas. YOU GUYS ROCK!

p.s with my project i found you have to be patient, i am still working on it, but there isn't to much more to do. I JUST WANT TO RIDE ALREADY, I'M GOING CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZY!!!!

ninjaboy
14-01-2007, 12:26 PM
sorry i forgot to add aussie where streetfighters is. DOH!