PDA

View Full Version : Prowler

dane_ra
10-01-2007, 08:27 PM
Stuffed around in paint today for a few hours...

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/588169362134482.JPG

This is what I am currently aiming for, but as my plans go, it could end up looking somewhat different.

dane_ra
10-01-2007, 08:35 PM
This is what it really looks like at the moment...

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/588169362230847.JPG

By the way, I was up at Wollombi on Sunday and recognised a few bikes, NLT, and I think Mundy and Rexie, not too sure. Anyways, I would have come over to meet every1 if I wasn't on a time limit. I only noticed all the familiar bikes as we were leaving. I had a funny feeling that going over to say hello would turn into a few beers/hours. So I hope to see every1 somewhere soon.

scotty mac
11-01-2007, 01:28 PM
do you have a front on pic? what head light is that ??

Gix11
11-01-2007, 04:22 PM
It's a Dane_Ra special mate. There's a topic dedicated to it somewhere.

By the way Dane, that looks bloody great mate. The black will bring it all together just by itself. Get impatient and go and get a rattle can matt black just to see what it looks like. I do it all the time.

zx12argh
11-01-2007, 09:42 PM
Thats going to look great - though get a belly pan onto it...

And ditto the matte black - thats what my paint job is - it can come up pretty damn good if you prep properly. Not many people have guessed that is was straight out of a spray can.

And the best part is - instead of polishing - you just touch the paint up. :)

One word of advice though - keep fuel well away from it - fueld up from a bowser once and the nozzle was full of fuel - didn't get water onto it fast enough and it stained the lot - but like i said nothing a little touch up couldn't fix ;)

dane_ra
12-01-2007, 07:29 AM
Scotty- The headlight unit is one thats still in the process of being made, raw, very rough fibreglass at the moment. I just coloured it using the paint program.

Gix- Yeah, has been really tempting all along, although now that I've coloured it on the computer and seen the difference, I think it might just be my next 'garage mod'.

ZX12- I'm not completely sold on belly pans, but I have kept the original fairing belly pan just in case I feel the need to chop it up and turn it into a stand alone. But since doing a bit of fibreglassing, I think I might have been bitten by the bug, I'm feeling the need to redo the tail and all sorts of things... maybe I should resist the urge and just finish what I've started for a change...

wackyrider
12-01-2007, 01:40 PM
Swt, but post a few pics from the front and the back. Also not to far away from the 'paint' idea, just needs to be sprayed.