PDA

View Full Version : How to find an Engineer

241Andreas
23-02-2010, 10:28 AM
I've been riding a 7/11 for a while now, but I haven't gotten an engineering certificate, it's just registrered as a 750... I have a list from the RTA of all the engineers in the Sydney Area.. Called them all most of them don't have a clue.. Saying things like I have to prove that brakes off a 89 750 are better than the brakes from a 86 1100... same with the forks...

I resently bought a 88 750 frame of a guy from this forum, not that I met him here, we just randomly bumped into eachother on the street..

This this already had a certificate to go with it, when I went for my blueslip the mechanic goes "nah mate you'll need the correct engine number on the certificate"

Go the RTA for making the rules so stupid..

Anyway Here is my question to you guys: Does anyone know an Engineering who's not a prick, who knows bikes and who won't keep the bike for days performing all little unnessesary tests just to find out that the bike is ay ohh kay?

Or actually any engineer contact will be appreciated..

Thanks

Gitzy
23-02-2010, 10:46 AM
Quick dude go here and introduce yourself, or brace yourself for mass flamage from the ASF squadron of angryness.. a quick g'day and you will have way more assistance..

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=26

Seifer
23-02-2010, 10:50 AM
I don't get it, you do have to prove the brakes and suspension is up to the task. Where's the problem?

hooligan
23-02-2010, 01:39 PM
Is it my old frame? If it is, no need to flame, he's a good guy. A bit nutty though.

Fight_fan
23-02-2010, 02:15 PM
I used a guy in Queenbyan for my 711, he was awesome! He rode bikes n was really easy to to deal with! Technically I should have needed an ADR compliant noise & brake test on top of the engineers cert. but he marked them as already done!

damo1
23-02-2010, 02:38 PM
Aye mad got an email from Hooligan-(Chris) asking how i went about getting mine done.

This is how it panned out for me it may not work for you.

I had an 88 750 with an 1127 engine installed previous to me getting it.

The mods that were carried out to the bike previous to getting blue slipped were:
*engine mod
*single sided swinger
*cut and moded frame for k3 600 seat unit.

I didn't go to a bike shop for my blue slip i went to a car place-( they don't know the difference between the engine numbers)
They wrote me up a blue slip with the new numbers on it.
When at the registery they asked the question about the engine i just said i had no idea it was in it when i got it.
The guy said that the engine number kept going to 1127cc and called over a supervisor and she had a go and just said to over ride the system and put the new engine number in and not to worry about it.
So he did.
mate i'm sorry but i just pleded ignorant and got away with it.
Maybe you should try teh same deal.
I went to frenches forest registery if that helps.
Oh by the way mine was registered as a 750 not 1100.

241Andreas
23-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Alright sorry for not introducing myself proerly... I'm not much of a computer person... I don't even have one...
Neither do I posses the ability to put up a photo of myself, you can say that I'm massively Spastic when it comes to technology..

And yes Chris its me Andreas with the frame on that Photo... right?
Got the bike done dude, I'm so happy with it, the electrics was a nighmare, but I knew they would be before I started.... I'm sure I'll see you in the city before I know it... Do you still have those yolks (not sure how to spell it) my old ones were way bend and I had to borrow some from a mate's bike.... A bike that I've been borrowing alot of things from already..

And you with the 1127 single sided swingarm and k3 600 tail.... I've seen you, you were working for MailCall on that thing for a while, yerh?... VFR swingarm? That looks so good dude I like the fact you kept the 600 written on the back.. I chatted to you quickly on market and york streets... I was dressed like a pushbike courier without a uniform?

Anyway your idea sounds good to me, I'll just blame it all on Chris and say that I didn't have a clue... But first I'll have to find a car place where they don't give a fark... which car place did you go to?

MuZ
23-02-2010, 05:29 PM
i've gotten blue slips for bikes at car places before, and what i've found is that generally most dont have a clue, they dont even go over the bike, just get the numbers from the frame and engine and tick all the right boxes. so i cant see you having too much of a problem.
Queen st autos in five dock was where i got the last one done at

hooligan
23-02-2010, 06:58 PM
Just spoke to my local mech. should all be cool, as the bike has an engineering cert for the 750 frame and 1052 engine. All they have to do is blue slip it with your engine, as it's also a 1052, even has the same engine prefix.
it can be about an hours worth of paperwork for a $30 pink slip, which is another reason why they say no.
i think andeas's handle means mad danish fuka.

damo1
24-02-2010, 02:10 PM
quote:Originally posted by Madafaka

And you with the 1127 single sided swingarm and k3 600 tail.... I've seen you, you were working for MailCall on that thing for a while, yerh?... VFR swingarm? That looks so good dude I like the fact you kept the 600 written on the back.. I chatted to you quickly on market and york streets... I was dressed like a pushbike courier without a uniform?

Yeah yeah i remember you now!

Yeah it's a vfr800 swinger in there.

I don't actually own it anymore it's gone to another member here, i swapped it for a K1 750 fighter.

As for who i used- i used a mob on the northern beaches, where you located??
Probly best to run with Chris's guy cause he knows the bike if you get stuck let me know.;)

OH and welcome to the mad house[^]