PDA

View Full Version : Question for Gix or any other older GSXR owner

jakam04
09-01-2007, 03:59 PM
I noticed on Degenerate that the airbox is still attached to your carbies instead of using pods. Im planning on keeping my airbox as well but also noticed that you no longer have the air-intake pipes on yours. Will the bike gather enough air in the airbox without the use of a ram air type induction pipe?

I was thinking of keeping the intake pipe towards the airbox on and add a ram air funnel at the end to induce a ram air kind of intake..

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/jakam04/airintake_crop.jpg

Any advice would be appreciated.

WATEVR
09-01-2007, 04:18 PM
'Question for Gix or any other older GSXR owner' question for bastards hey so the younger are being criminated against!!!

jakam04
09-01-2007, 04:45 PM
lol... no, the younger have the advantage of being more technically advanced info lol... By all means, anyone with information and advice is welcome.

Jarrod

WATEVR
09-01-2007, 04:46 PM
hahahahahahah..still LMFAO

devo
09-01-2007, 04:51 PM
Mate the pipes are there to generate a little more cool air to the carbs and airbox (note that they are not forced air induction pipes)
merely a channel to keep the components cooler ,with the fairing on it is wise to leave them on the bike to generate the flow, but with no fairings the air tends to get a more direct path so it is all cool Brother to leave em off if you make a Streetfighter ;)

geesexar
09-01-2007, 11:20 PM
mate once you take tham fuckin things off ...k&ns dyno jets and dynoed...not a prob..aka wot devo said

jakam04
09-01-2007, 11:27 PM
Thanks Devo and Geesexar,

Will have to wait for the k&n guchi gear till I raise some more money lol...

Have to sell a few things to raise more money to buy some more gear yet.

Jarrod

Gix11
10-01-2007, 12:51 PM
What Devo said mate.