PDA

View Full Version : bob fell off today..

336LJ
21-02-2010, 06:00 AM
damn bob.. okay I'm lying it was me, can't let bob take the credit for this one.
Hit some greasy ass patch on a hairpin today in the border ranges, ditched it into the undergrowth! I'm pretty sure it now makes me a qualified stuntman.

You'd think THAT was the bad part.. once I got back on my feet and went to lift my barge ass bike up and out of the muddy shrubbery, there was a fucking angry brown snake curled up under it going "what the fuck who do I bite first assholes" !! Spent the rest of the ride wondering if THAT kind of snake made its bite known or would I just start to doze off?!

What a day! was pretty funny I actually thought of the saying "and thats how a streetfighter is born" but most my plastics were off anyway based on the fact that I hate them.

also - tachyon cameras can suck my dick. First time I used it, the door hinge snapped, the recording was too dark, and now it refuses to record beyond 3 seconds at a time - piece of shit.

MuZ
21-02-2010, 08:25 AM
unlucky bud, how's the bike, cosmetic or a bit more serious

HOS
21-02-2010, 08:53 AM
One of those days ? ;)

Shit happens ! [:p] We know that one.

Bike rideable ? Or was it more than cosmetic?

Gitzy
21-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Bugger, shite way to spend your day mate.

rod185651
21-02-2010, 12:53 PM
LOL ya goose! Which bike were you riding Luke? The Zx9R?

timbo
21-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Good to hear you alright and don't forget bikes can be replaced, You can not! Now get out to the shed and rebuild that mother fucker bigger and better than before.

336LJ
22-02-2010, 01:43 AM
Just a smashed off indicator, busted overflow bottle and some scratches on the top/front fairing, and a MAJORLY.. unadjusted mirror... aha, gladly all shit I want gone anyway! woulda busted the side fairings to bits if I had em on there, or maybe it would have acted like a toboggan and slud me further into the undergrowth, but the dirt was actually really soft.. (where the bike landed I hit the edge of the road) I was shitting myself waiting for the radiator or something to start pissing out but all went well. .. apart from the snake when I lifted the sucker up! heavy c*nt! lol

I fucked up cause I looked back thinking my mate had a stack, and I thought "fuck he doesn't have a parachute on!" cause its such a deathly drop of the cliff, by the time I looked around I wasn't paying attention and going too hot into a whore of a hairpin and was struggling to slow down, wasn't sure if there was a cliff past the shrubbery or not so I figured better lay the fuckin thing down once I get in the dirt! waited till the last second cause the road seemed like a bad place to park on my face, and gripped the front a bit too hard in the mud and it went out from under me (I thought I'd be able to actually LAY it down, not have it flip down and be pulled out of my hands so suddenly!), did a barrel roll of the side so I didn't get stuck under it haha woulda looked cool from behind.

- more embarrasing than anything cause the footage makes it look heaps slower, but it stopped pretty damn quick once the sharp bits all dug into the dirt. My fucking neck hurts today tho, just a habit of tucking my chin in to stop my head hitting (plenty of skateboarding stacks to practice) and I landed on my back so I got a bit of whiplash.

Gives a good idea of how slippery the road was tho. Could barely stand on the bitumen it was that greasy, the car that came around while I was still on the ground was understeering under brakes.

on the way back down the bloke with me had a similar thing but managed to hit some dry road under brakes and pulled it round the corner, lucky it sent him wide cause some dickhead in a 4wd came screaming round the goat track and woulda wiped him out!

More motivation to get cracking and start this build. Might post a thread up cause I'm stuck for a few ideas.

Bob
22-02-2010, 08:14 AM
I didnt mean it :D
Glad your alright mite. Crashes suck!!:(

grindella
22-02-2010, 10:52 AM
Sorry to hear. Its been a bad week. Hope you and it heals as fast as we are.

Have a look at all the others that have fallen in last two weeks, a minute for the dead, a lot of slipery stuff, why???

Jup
22-02-2010, 06:08 PM
At least you're not blaming anyone/thing else. Glad to see you walk away.

336LJ
23-02-2010, 01:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bob

I didnt mean it :D
Glad your alright mite. Crashes suck!!:(

dude... you are in SOOOO much trouble if the cops ever get ahold of the "bob chronicals".. .. duck and cover man!