PDA

View Full Version : seat unit for a speed triple

evil zed
18-02-2010, 07:08 AM
hi guys and gals, new to the Aussie streetfighter scene, (4 years in from pommieland and managed to get me stickie fingers on a 98 speed triple T509) I'm on the Gold Coast and looking to put a single and shortened seat unit on the speedy. Any ideas???

I'm reasonably handy and have some mates in the know but I'm not looking to build a new frame, more a slight modification. I've got the risers and crosser bars sorted and gotten rid of the whole number plate hangers and all the ugly plastic. Just looking to tidy it up a bit and get a decent can on the thing.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Gix11
18-02-2010, 01:19 PM
This post would go best in the advice section mate. I'll move it there now.

As for the tail unit I'd get ideas by going down to a wreckers like Gold Coast Motorcycle Wreckers in Nerang: http://goldcoast.citysearch.com.au/E/V/GOLDC/0009/27/30/ and having a look around at what they have in stock. This is how I stumbled upon the Triumph 675 seat unit that ended up on Supercharger Mark's Gixer: http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7185

You'll be amazed what you didn't think of when there's a load in front of you.

VFighteR
18-02-2010, 01:31 PM
yeah what he said and pix pix pix =)

evil zed
18-02-2010, 08:25 PM
Cheers guys, I'm still trying to make a few contacts in the area. had heaps of stuff in the UK something would have fitted but it all went in the garage sale.

Time to get the grinder out methinks.

evil zed
23-02-2010, 08:07 PM
i'll get some pix on here when i can work out how to bloody do it. why is my angle grinder so much easier to use then my camera and 'puter.

the bike itself is nothing special, but i do have a fw ideas i'd like to out into practice. the seal unit, paint,belly pan, braided lines, and tidying up the braking side of things a bit. i need a new can too, the thing that's on there is a bit on the nasty side (and nowhere near loud enough)

i'll be making a trip down the nerrang shortly with a little pile of folding. does anyone know of a good cheap fabricator in the north gold coast area than could do a bit of freelance for me?

let the fun begin......

Gix11
24-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Try Motorcycle Performance and Tyre Centre in Lawrence Drive, Nerang. Ricky and the boys do everything mate and have built a lot of custom parts and bikes: www.mctyres.com.au