PDA

View Full Version : help with mystery wire please.

tylz
15-02-2010, 07:09 PM
so today is was giving my bike a service and checking over things and i noticed that a wire running to my CDI had been cut, it's the pink wire that runs into the rear plug of the CDI unit. i connected it again and went for a ride but couldn't really tell any difference with it connected as to without.

the bike is a GSXR 750 srad

can someone tell me what it is please, it's circled in the pic.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg268/scotty_mac75/Photo0150.jpg

Large
15-02-2010, 07:26 PM
It's the wire that turns on the government mandated tracking device on your bike.

It tracks your location/direction and speed in real time.

Prolly best to cut it again

BANDITROD
15-02-2010, 07:26 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^lmao

i think it has something to do with your neutral switch but i can quite make out the writing on the diagram i found on google

tylz
15-02-2010, 07:28 PM
bahahahaha...awesome, they can track me as i do massive drug runs up and down the coast then try and catch.....SUCKERS!!!!!!!!!

anyone need a hit, message me here lol.

BANDITROD
15-02-2010, 07:33 PM
its all i can find hope this helps
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1266314282.jpg

Booster
15-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Pink is probably the gear position sensor, before the TRE some would cut the pink thinking there was added power, all they did was put the bike in to neutral/clutch in maps (ign maps in this case as its a carb model)and even Mr Suzuki knows you don't need as many revs or as much power in neutral...
easiest to confirm by taking it for a ride and running to the limiter with pink connected and disconnected

tylz
16-02-2010, 08:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by Booster

Pink is probably the gear position sensor, before the TRE some would cut the pink thinking there was added power, all they did was put the bike in to neutral/clutch in maps (ign maps in this case as its a carb model)and even Mr Suzuki knows you don't need as many revs or as much power in neutral...
easiest to confirm by taking it for a ride and running to the limiter with pink connected and disconnected

so what will i be looking for when i run it to the limiter connected and dis-connected?

sorry, i'm pretty much a noob to this bike as i've only owned it just over a week.

davio
16-02-2010, 04:46 PM
cops

latheboy
16-02-2010, 05:40 PM
When the pink is connected at the limiter its like dividing by zero, without its mah.....

bladehunter
16-02-2010, 10:47 PM
The pink wire is for "I'm a pussy" mode, cover it in black heatshrink for an extra 2.457 hp

tylz
17-02-2010, 08:28 AM
ok so what's you's are trying to tell me is that it does fuck all whether it's connected or not right?