PDA

View Full Version : ISR Switches

egilmc
15-02-2010, 12:39 AM
Fighers ; I need Your advice . When buying the ISR switches , there was no Guide / instructions following the kit ( bought it from sweden ).

The planned functions on the right side are as You se on the above picture 1.

On the installation-plan for the Elektronikbox (version C)(MGM) , there is only 1 lead (kabel) coming from each function … pluss or earth ??

On the back of the switch (picture below) , there are 5 connection points….
That is where I am really lost , and need Your help & advice .

I hope that You can be kind enough to advice me here :

1 Planned function : Kill switch , pluss or earth ??
Connect to E box ?
2 Planned function : Kill switch ,pluss or earth ??
Connect to E box ?
3 Planned function : Kill switch , pluss or earth ??
Connect to E box ?
4 Planned function : Starter , pluss or earth ??
Connect to E box ?
5 Planned function : Blinkers Right . pluss or earth ??
Connect to E box ?

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1266164520.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1266236602.jpg

Slain
15-02-2010, 06:05 AM
send a msg to exben. he has used them before.
thank christ my digi beast have "engrish" instructions

Fight_fan
15-02-2010, 06:27 AM
Dnt u have switches for the left hand side?
I have them on my bike n ran the top slide switch as a kill, but only a single button underneath for the starter. The left hand side has that same configuration, used the slide for Hi/Lo beam & the buttons for left & right indicators. What are u using for Left blinkers?

EXBEN
15-02-2010, 08:27 AM
If you push out the push buttons you'll find there's actually 7 connections to be made, although the slide switch only uses 2 of the 3 possible tags( center & one end). So 6 total. 1 of each switch goes to ground & the other goes to the electronikbox.

Seifer
15-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Where do you get these from? I'm looking to update my switches soon.
Cheap much?

egilmc
16-02-2010, 06:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by EXBEN

If you push out the push buttons you'll find there's actually 7 connections to be made, although the slide switch only uses 2 of the 3 possible tags( center & one end). So 6 total. 1 of each switch goes to ground & the other goes to the electronikbox.

Thanx EXBEN:). Push-buttons came out easy and 2nd connection on each located :D. If I then understand You right , the elektronikbox is operated via ground signal from switch ?? !!

egilmc
16-02-2010, 06:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by Fight_fan

Dnt u have switches for the left hand side?
I have them on my bike n ran the top slide switch as a kill, but only a single button underneath for the starter. The left hand side has that same configuration, used the slide for Hi/Lo beam & the buttons for left & right indicators. What are u using for Left blinkers?

Yes , I have same type of switches for left hand use as well , so therefor the horn and left hand blinker is planned in the bottom switches and Hi/Lo beam on the slider.

egilmc
16-02-2010, 06:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by Seifer

Where do you get these from? I'm looking to update my switches soon.
Cheap much?

These are produced by ISR in Sweden. Mine was bought from Tolles in Sweden (supplier of long forks and other stuff ...mostly for HD's) . This because ISR only sell them anodised in grey :-( . MGM-bikes.de sell them anodised in both silver and black... If You look in their online shop and choose category "Bremsarmaturen & Kupplungsarmatur"
[brake & clutch master cylinders) and scroll down , You'll find the different versions and prices. They will though only fit together with ISR brake and clutch handlegear...Price ?? Nothing nice comes cheap[V]...The polished ones I bought from Tolles costed me about 600 GBP....
If You scroll down to L (MGM), You'll find "Lenkertastschalter 2er" & "Lenkertastschalter 3er" You'll find new type selfsupported switchgear designed by MGM for a reasonable price :D:D

egilmc
16-02-2010, 07:07 AM
EXBEN , another thing ; as I know have been testing my skills in german and been reading the installions-plan following the "Elektronicbox version 3" ....The wite buttons gives a ground signal to the E-box , whitch again have built-in the necessarys relays to activate the different functions on the 12 volt side.. I have two (the white ones)"puls-buttons" on each side , but the 2 slider buttons i have....To make them communicate properly with the E-box , do I then need to push and then immidiatly pull them back (as I do not require a constant signal ) ??

Or should i re-define the set-up , and use e.g. the left hand slider for starter (as it require a longer signal) and the right hand slider for kill (as it also normally needs a longer signal) ( I'm one of those who always stop the bike with the kill-button :)

I really apriciate all feedback !!!!!