PDA

View Full Version : Ignition Coils

VFighteR
12-02-2010, 07:33 AM
Hey all - Have a question. Is it possible to lengthen (get longer ones) the ignition coil leads so I can move the coils to another location without any adverse effects? Would auto leads be suitable to for this?

Reason being, cylinder coils 1&3 are directly in view within the subframe, wiring and such and looks shit! I want to move them further back so they can be secured under the pillion seat with the battery so there is a nice clear space between the frame and the subframe

you thoughts?

Gitzy
12-02-2010, 07:37 AM
Yep.. usually i think there sealed on the ends but you can get around that.. been witness to it being done, had no dramas with it at all.. unfortunately i cant remember what he used or how he did it but its a definate yes VF..

Chase
12-02-2010, 07:58 AM
May also need to look at the resistance rating of the leads you're replacing them with - normally HT leads will have a lower resistance (being higher current flow) - this allows for the additional distance the current has to travel.

VFighteR
12-02-2010, 09:21 AM
thanks guys - also, I would assume they would have to be earthed at the mounts as they are now? (The bracket holding them is in contact with the frame) so I would assume that would be the same case when re mounting???