PDA

View Full Version : Zero Alcohol Motorcycle Riders

Hagarr
11-02-2010, 09:08 AM
Just putting it out there for you guys, not sure what its about I can download if anybody needs to look at.

Dear Danny Chrisp,
This is notification of Qld Public Sector Procurement Opportunities from Qld eTenders that match your nominated search profiles.
The following tenders were found:
Request No.
(Status) &
Type Request Summary Dates
RSSM0610
(Current)
Invitation to Offer Investigation of Zero Blood Alcohol Concentration for all Motorcycle Riders in Queensland
Tender Issued by Department of Transport and Main Roads
UNSPSC: Temporary research and development services - (50%)
UNSPSC 2: Research or testing facilities - (25%)
UNSPSC 3: Legal research services - (25%) closing 26 Mar, 2010 11:00 AM
DETPSA100651
(Current)
Invitation to Offer Security Fencing for Educational Facilities
Tender Issued by Department Of Education and Training
UNSPSC: Structures and Building and Construction and Manufacturing Components and Supplies - (100%) closing 24 Feb, 2010 2:00 PM
(Current)
For Sale by Tender Medium and Heavy Vehicle Relocation Services
Tender Issued by ENERGEX Limited
UNSPSC: Transportation and Storage and Mail Services - (100%) closing 3 Mar, 2010 2:30 PM
Any enquiries related to these tenders should be directed to the nominated contact person.
Please do not reply to this email. If you have any questions or require further information about the operation of this site, please contact:
Queensland Government eTenders
Ph: +61-7-3405 4193
Email: tenders@qgcpo.qld.gov.au

Hope it comes out alright.

Fight_fan
11-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Fuckin hell... If they tried to make all car drivers have a ZERO alcohol limit there would b an uproar! Its such bollox!

Seifer
11-02-2010, 10:09 AM
Whats the basis?
Are there more drunk motorcyclists being pinned?
I always believed that most riders tend to be a bit safer when it came to mixing beer and riding?

JackTar
11-02-2010, 10:56 AM
I know I am, I won't have more than two heavies when driving but not more than one light if I am riding.

sen
11-02-2010, 11:17 AM
This is FUCKED. It's exactly the sort've thing that'll pass too.

MuZ
11-02-2010, 05:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by JackTar

I know I am, I won't have more than two heavies when driving but not more than one light if I am riding.

I'm the same, i like to stop and have a beer during a ride but it'll only be a light if i still have to get home.
I bet the guy who proposed it is one of those fuckwits who drives a lexus 4wd and when they see you trying lane split, swerve in front cause it shits them that they cant do it

slickncghia
11-02-2010, 06:25 PM
i dont mind having my 2 heavies and having a ride. but i play it safe.

fuck we are all adults. if i can go to war, get married, vote, drink and drive (below .05) then i can drink and ride (below .05)

JackTar
12-02-2010, 01:59 PM
You have to be older to drink than you do to go to war.

alfiestorm
12-02-2010, 09:05 PM
prejudise (spelling) . Surely that is a breach of common law ? but then it is in oz and the state governments there are well and truely fucked up. Just another dollar grabbing scam.
I think you guys in QLD should hold a peace full protest and get a petition together to stop this. Only you guys can stop it by taking action agaist it or say nothing and take it like a hooker up the shitter.

alf

80s freak
13-02-2010, 10:44 AM
^^^ What Alfie said, otherwise the rest of the country will be next.

wackyrider
13-02-2010, 11:52 AM
That's just fucked up

Hagarr
13-02-2010, 04:57 PM
They will probably commission some Wanker of a consultant Group for a couple of million and they will find that its all too hard to implement and a recommendation to look in to further by banning motorcycles all together thereby removing the problem completely.

You know with all the OH & S bullshit around now the Motorcycle would never have been allowed to eventuate in the first place, two Wheels? Inherintly Unstable? Sorry try again soon.

uncle pervy
16-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Hey Hags. Maybe you should take that tender and then hopefully we can get the results working for us for a change

BillyWhizz888
17-02-2010, 09:13 AM
I have sent it in to the MRA (WA)
maybe you should all send it in to your state MRA representitive so they can view and pursue the discrimination side of things ;)

Hagarr
17-02-2010, 10:14 AM
UUMMM Pervy my record of driving/riding with alcomohol in my system is probably not a good one to put forward.

Not that i've been done or anything just shall we say have been a tad reckless over the years

exposuredesigns
19-02-2010, 09:08 AM
I am probably going to get crucified by you guys here, but these are my thoughts:

If the government is comissioning this piece of work to understand the impacts and trends of alcohol on motorcycle riding, including taking into account the higher focus required to ride a bike safely - then i am all for it. I think the greater the understanding of the differences between skill sets of driving a car and riding a bike, the better for all. You never know, we may actually get more respect by people understanding our view.

As far as actually changing laws, i am happy to consider them if they are based on hard facts. That being said, i totally agree that we are all adults, and you can only go so far in saving people from themselves. :)

Jup
19-02-2010, 09:47 AM
CRUCIFY HIM!

DiscoDan
19-02-2010, 10:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by exposuredesigns

I am probably going to get crucified by you guys here, but these are my thoughts:

If the government is comissioning this piece of work to understand the impacts and trends of alcohol on motorcycle riding, including taking into account the higher focus required to ride a bike safely - then i am all for it. I think the greater the understanding of the differences between skill sets of driving a car and riding a bike, the better for all. You never know, we may actually get more respect by people understanding our view.

As far as actually changing laws, i am happy to consider them if they are based on hard facts. That being said, i totally agree that we are all adults, and you can only go so far in saving people from themselves. :)

You're principle is right but it's based on the fact that common sense will prevail and not other agendas. My concern this that they will, correctly, identify the greater skills reqd to ride a bike and the impact that drinking has on those and introduce a blanket ban to save us from ourselves. The title of the tender is already pointing that way.

It will be interesting to the see the facts on the number of riders who bang themselves up when over or just under the limit.

old gsxrr
24-02-2010, 10:40 PM
common sense in government? i've tried to convince the pricks of their stupitity but alas
to no avail , they concentrate on anyone that has non original mufflers and will stop every
rider and check untill they are clean -up to 2 hrs , then the riders are pissed and they
ride to release the stress -read break every law written