PDA

View Full Version : compliance plate?

tylz
10-02-2010, 05:26 PM
if a bike is currently registered in NSW is it possible to renew the registration if it doesn't have a compliance plate?

Weaselman
10-02-2010, 06:08 PM
Does it need a pink slip?

If so then no as the mechnic needs to check the numbers

tylz
10-02-2010, 06:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by Weaselman

Does it need a pink slip?

If so then no as the mechnic needs to check the numbers

yes it needs a pinky.

but you can get a new compliance plate made at a cost right?

all the number match up with the rego papers and the frame.

Weaselman
10-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Thats a tricky one. Last bike i had without a complience plate needed to be re Engineered

tylz
10-02-2010, 07:07 PM
well the bike is still all in factory spec except for a slip on so i'm guessing getting it engineered shouldn't be an issue.

the way i see it is it's already been complied and is already registered but for some unknown reason the compliance plate is missing so how can they refuse it being complied again and re-rego'd?

of course i understand that not everything works as they should in this world.

damo1
11-02-2010, 02:18 PM
The missing compliance plate will probably be a problem because of one thing and one thing only- rebirthing.

Because the compliance plate is missing i would very much dought if any mechanic would give you a pink slip.

Dont forgat to rebirth a bike all you have to do is replace the frame with all the old bits and pieces and your pretty much home and hosed.

As weasel said this is a tricky one good luck and let ua know how you went.

Oh and by the way where is the compliance plate????????
They dont just go missing????????

robmac
11-02-2010, 02:55 PM
If you have the original compliance plate and its slightly battered and old looking, is it possible to get it replaced with a new one?? If it is where from??

sharky
11-02-2010, 03:00 PM
What year is the bike ?
Did it originally have a compliance plate fitted ?

MuZ
11-02-2010, 05:56 PM
yea man i've played that game before, if the bike doesn't have a compliance plate you need to get a certificate from a rta approved engineer and then a blue slip before you can get it registered

tylz
11-02-2010, 06:21 PM
i actually got on the r.t.a website and it said that it's doesn't matter if it doesn't have a compliance plate so long as it is roadworthy condition and has not been out of rego for longer than 3 months and the numbers all match up then it's sweet.

but the rta are a bunch of fucktards that make up rules as they go most of the time but the website says cool so i'm saying cool too.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/downloads/vsi/vsi_19_-_motor_vehicle_compliance_plates_nov_2007.pdf

page 6&7 has all the info.

sharky
11-02-2010, 06:55 PM
quote:What year is the bike ?
Just trying to help mate.....

tylz
11-02-2010, 07:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by sharky

quote:What year is the bike ?
Just trying to help mate.....

yeah i know, and thanks to everyone that replied.

:D

sharky
11-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Sooo...what year is it ???? and did it have a plate on it or was there never one there??

oldskool
11-02-2010, 08:51 PM
You dont need a compliance plate for a rwc.

tylz
12-02-2010, 01:04 PM
oh sorry, it's a 98 model and it did have a compliance plate but for some reason is now missing...sounds dodgy right, but all the numbers match up on the frame and rego papers and i did a revs and it came back clean so.....

sharky
12-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Ok.....Just that 88 and earlier bikes didn't always get plated...I know 'cos I just sold one that had Qld rego on it.

tylz
12-02-2010, 02:05 PM
yeah someone mentioned that earlier bikes didn't have them. i'm really not sure why it has been removed but anyways.

does anyone know if you can even get a replacement for them? i know it's not really needed but if it wasn't to much of a hassle to get another one made and not too pricey then i wouldn't mind getting a replacement, just for piece of mind i guess.

grindella
12-02-2010, 08:36 PM
jap bikes statred using complience plates in early 70s. They indicate which ADR designs are fitted to the bike or which the bike has to comply with. Pre 80 stuff does not have complience to pollution controls, post 84 stuff complies with unleaded fuel etc.

80s freak
13-02-2010, 09:31 PM
As far as I'm aware you can not get another plate made, as they are a federal government issue direct to importers be there grey importers ie Southside motorcycle dismantlers or a factory importer ie Suzuki Australia. In Vic if that frame number has been registered before then you don't need a plate, don't know about NSW though.

grindella
13-02-2010, 11:15 PM
Same in NSW I believe but some inspectors just like to make it hard or even harder. But you can rego them without compliance plates just some are a problem.

tylz
15-02-2010, 10:23 AM
thanks to everyone for their help.

fimpBIKES
15-02-2010, 11:36 AM
you should be ok as long as the bike is presented well
my 81 katana has "no compliance" on the rego papers and not a problem

pappas
15-02-2010, 12:58 PM
Found this today which should answer your question.

http://studentweb.usq.edu.au/home/q1121625/NSW%20vehicle%20guide%20lines/vsi19.pdf

RevHead
21-03-2010, 08:52 AM
if in nsw the rta will call the police they,ll take your bike or make u book it in for an appointment were they,ll stamp a police number on it ,hope you keep all your paper work cheers ,,and u cant get a replacement compliance plate ,if no paper work you,ll lose your bike,and get arrestted; hope this helps cheers

336LJ
22-03-2010, 02:01 AM
I had a mate who had a car that had a missing compliance plate - to make the road worthy guy happy, I drove to the head office of the vehicle manufacturer (in this case toyota) and they can did me up a letter, that states the vehicle was built and conforms to ADR standards, with the vin/chassis/engine particulars on it - roady bloke ticks all the boxes, and keeps a copy of the letter for himself incase anyone else has to ask. never had to get a compliance plate made for it.

RevHead
23-03-2010, 08:28 PM
talkin bout compliance tags i bought a 96 blade fixd it up went to rego it ,then got told it was hot went n saw the cop ,long story bike wasnt hot but a 96 blade got stolen in 97 when the cop recorded the stolen bike engine frame number off the rego papers he got the last number mixed up instead,of a 6 he wrote n 8 which made my bike hot ,got it soughted ,n sold it