PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - Honda XR650R

ashcook
07-02-2010, 07:09 PM
Hey guys,

I have been keeping my eye open for a cheap XR650R. I'm looking at chopping one up to make a streetfighter. Doesn't matter if its rough as guts, price is more important. Decent ones range from 2000-5000. So you get what I'm after.

I still have my CRF450 supermoto wheels and plan on adding some modified CRF450 forks. So the bike can basically be a basket case. As long as its not written off and the frame is good. I've already broken one of these in half so I know they do damage easily.

Cheers guys!

Ash

shultram
07-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Hey mate i know a bloke who's getting rid of one in the newcastle area if ya keen ill get in touch with him and see whats goin on with it. write an email to me sean_oultram@hotmail.com.

Jazdiver
08-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Mate of mine has one with a Ballards kit just sitting in his shed unridden for about three years, but started reguarly. Bit rough, out of reg and about 2k I think, maybe less. He is in Melb southern suburbs.

ashcook
10-02-2010, 07:41 AM
Hey guys, I didn't realise there were some replies here. Sorry fella's!

I got some prices the other day to ship one form Bris to Newcastle, was looking anywhere from $220 to $355. All depending on who was able to do it. But some more details Jazdiver would be great, thanks mate!

I'll email you as well shultam, cheers.

I really don't mind if it is in a billion pieces. As long as there is a crankcase with engine number and a good frame with a legit VIN then he project could begin. Its been 2 years since I've riden and most likely be another year or 2 till I do again. Just thought it be nice to build something very different for that time to come.

Cheers!

fimpBIKES
10-02-2010, 08:21 AM
hey mate

i notice your in newy?

i have a xr600r that runs, previous owner had the engine rebuilt and it sounds mean as fuck
buy it off me for $800 and i'll drop it off to you one night this week ;)

ashcook
10-02-2010, 02:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

hey mate

i notice your in newy?

i have a xr600r that runs, previous owner had the engine rebuilt and it sounds mean as fuck

Yep, in Newy at the moment but am about to move.

Is it an XR600 you have? Not a 650? If so, I'd prefer the 650. I have a heap of parts to suit.

Thanks for the offer though, I appreciate it.

Cheers, Ash

Weaselman
10-02-2010, 02:50 PM
Sean at Motorcycle Accessory Supermarket (Or MCA) Has a well sorted 650R for sale with motard kit. Its a little over what you want to spend but trust me this is a fucking monster.
Big cam, valves, gasflowed head, carbs everything.

ashcook
10-02-2010, 02:55 PM
Thanks Weaselman. I'm looking for around or under the 2 grand mark. I'm sure he would want more than that. I really don't want much of a bike as I have or want to change most of it. I have a full motard set-up, cost me thousands back in 04. And the motor, I'd like to rebuild fresh and tinker with myself.
Thanks for the heads up anyway!

TurboKat
10-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Beauty ! Another excuse to put a pic of my old one up [:o)]

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1265841979.jpg

Weaselman
10-02-2010, 06:16 PM
rrraaaaaaaaaap raaaaaaaaaaap raaaaaaaaaaaaap brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr raaaaaaaaaaaaap crackle

ashcook
11-02-2010, 07:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by TurboKat

Beauty ! Another excuse to put a pic of my old one up [:o)]

Now where talking! What gearing were you running? On my old 650, I put 10 extra teeth on the rear sprocket from factory and it still topped out at about 140k's. I figure, with some road tyres, some set-up suspension the higher speeds would be much more suited.

el sammo
11-02-2010, 10:15 PM
nice, i hada xr650 tard man that thing was bulletproff i raped it for ages and it never had any trouble

ashcook
13-02-2010, 08:08 PM
I do apologise if anyone makes a post in regards to a bike but we have just moved houses and it will be up to 3-4 weeks I have been told till our internet will be active.

TurboKat
14-02-2010, 11:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by ashcook

Now where talking! What gearing were you running? On my old 650, I put 10 extra teeth on the rear sprocket from factory and it still topped out at about 140k's. I figure, with some road tyres, some set-up suspension the higher speeds would be much more suited.

I ran 15/42 on it most of the time & it topped out at 190 (alongside a couple of big bikes because the XR speedo only goes to 160)
I tried 14/48 & it was top fun around the streets but the shorter gearing made it lift the front everywhere out of corners so I hadta make sure I was weight forward or mostly upright before I gassed it right up.
I reckon with 16/39 you could set a landspeed record on an XR 650 !!

ashcook
14-02-2010, 01:53 PM
How did you find the wheelbase at 190? I thought at 140 it was pretty twitchy. I was thinking of lowering the suspension and maybe extending the swingarm 50mm. Also removing the rad shrouds and front guard to stop them catching the wind.

I wouldn't be surprised either if it was an XR650 that set the land speed record. Man these things have long legs!

IMP-INC
01-03-2010, 01:26 PM

hey mate

i notice your in newy?

Do you still have that xr 600 for sale mate?

Shadowzone
01-03-2010, 01:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by IMP-INC

hey mate

i notice your in newy?

Do you still have that xr 600 for sale mate?

nope. I bought it.