PDA

View Full Version : Modding a Kwakka GPZ750

TheFonz69
30-12-2006, 08:49 PM
Guys, i need some help. I've got an old Kwakka GPz750 that i am planning on 'Fightering. Can anyone give me any suggestions on what air or oil cooled motors might fit without any major issues? Also can any suggest what beefy forks might fit in without any major issues? i want to make it a useable fighter, not necessarily a show bike. am gonna go for the standard Renthals, etc, not sure about bodywork at this point. If Anyone can give me any suggestions for options, i would be most grateful. Oh, one last thing. Ohlins for the back end sound like a plan? Am also thinking a Single side swingarm

suxukifreak
30-12-2006, 09:12 PM
Like this?

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/76172430125909.jpg

Rocket
30-12-2006, 09:42 PM
Fuck that's sweet !
I'm guessing those are fireblade wheels and front end ?

TheFonz69
30-12-2006, 09:43 PM
Oh Baby!!!! That is as fit as F**k!!!! i was leaning more towards an "Old School" type of look, but after seeing that, well....

Rocket
30-12-2006, 09:52 PM
Take a hacksaw and cut something major off (the bike) from that point, there is no turning back.
Those rearsets look about a thousand times better than the stock ones.
You gunna take passengers ?

Benz
31-12-2006, 12:02 AM
You can swap out front suspensions fairly easily . Best move is a stem mount swap, your stem into the later model whatevers.That way you can keep your original headstem bearings.A bit of grinding /welding might be necessary to make your lock stops match. I've heard J/K model gixxer 1100's 41mm rsu's are longer than most, and are a good fit to the GPz frame, with heaps better brakes, and there's no pissing around getting them past the top fairing, should you decide to keep it.You can make anything fit with enough time and money....:D

TheFonz69
31-12-2006, 12:46 PM
R$%ocket, as much as i'd love to do that, the old girl is my only transport at the moment, so i gotta keep her alive and (more or less) in one piece.

shift1313
08-01-2007, 01:40 PM
keep the stock motor, keep the stock swinger, use a zx6r rear wheel, swap info here
http://www.750turbo.com/zx6_rear.htm

front end be careful, ive got a gsxr750, you really need an 1100 front or like a zx9 or something longer, something close to the stock length. Any front will work with a new stem.

TheFonz69
01-02-2007, 08:38 PM
HELP!!!! The top end let go a week or so back, so now it is time to do a full-on rebuild (Unless someone can hook me up with another motor, or suggest summat that will bolt in with *MINIMUM* Hassles). If i bore the crap outta it, what big-bore kits would you guys suggest? Am looking at Wiseco at the moment, but am going to find out if Yoshimura do one as well. Any other suggestions?

Jockney Rebel
01-02-2007, 10:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by TheFonz69

HELP!!!! The top end let go a week or so back, so now it is time to do a full-on rebuild (Unless someone can hook me up with another motor, or suggest summat that will bolt in with *MINIMUM* Hassles). If i bore the crap outta it, what big-bore kits would you guys suggest? Am looking at Wiseco at the moment, but am going to find out if Yoshimura do one as well. Any other suggestions?

i may be about aquire a slightly damaged GPz 1100 its a runnerand its fuel injection systems still working ok ..that motor would give u a fairly reasonable power hike

evad
02-02-2007, 08:15 AM
Speak to Choppawezza re another motor, he has a fair few gpz spares and had a motor on theforum for 200 bucks a while ago