PDA

View Full Version : Engineering approval QLD

robmac
27-01-2010, 08:45 PM
I thought I would do the right thing and try to get my bike legally on the road. I did as QLD transport advised and applied thru them for engineering approval for the SSSA, USD forks, brakes etc. 3 months later I receive a letter from them stating they can't give approval and enclosed is a list of engineers that 'may' be a able to help. Has anyone on the forum been thru this process and can offer advice on which engineer, time it took, cost etc. QLD transport want a fully detailed engineering report with detailed drawings, photo's and how it all complies with ADR's and local laws [:0]

The bike is registered already so I suppose I could just finish the build and ride it but I'd really like to keep this one legal (or as close as possible) so I can at least insure it properly.

Any advice appreciated.

03gixxerpilot
27-01-2010, 09:53 PM
where in queensland are you. I have a bloke up here in townsville that has been very helpfull maybe he can let me know of someone in your area

robmac
28-01-2010, 07:49 AM
In Brisbane mate.

03gixxerpilot
28-01-2010, 12:09 PM
ok i will see what i can do for you

Hillsy
28-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Maybe Shaun at Pommy Choppers can help you out - he's just built Sharky a certified custom frame for his XJR.

robmac
28-01-2010, 07:51 PM
Cheers for the help guys.

Funny enough, just as I was waiting to turn into Pro Kawasaki I noticed a van in front that said the bloke did mobile roadworthys and also mod plates. Had a quick chat to him and he's getting back to me if he can do it. Will contact Shaun and the others recommended (via PM)as well though.